XIM Community

Xim 4 VS Xim Apex, Should you upgrade?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
Xim 4 VS Xim Apex, Should you upgrade?
« on: 12:46 AM - 08/10/18 »
So ,im making this post because i wanna create a place where people can gather and pour their opinions/experiences on this topic. Is Xim APEX a worthy upgrade if you already own Xim 4?

I am thinking of getting a Xim APEX , would i notice any improvements? and if the answer is yes,please specify what differences you have experienced!

I would like to know if aim assist is better with Xim APEX and by better i mean less intrusive. Sometimes it becomes an obstacle more than anything,i also heard it feels more PC like. Has your aim improved?

Thanks in advance to anyone replying.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Re: Xim 4 VS Xim Apex, Should you upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: 05:55 AM - 08/10/18 »
No you, an overwatch player, will not feel a difference, and if anything u will be upset about the differences

If ur a mercy or non precision hero then the apex is better cuz the latency. If that makes sense

Itís def an upgrade in terms of response time which is more important than precision aim for a lot of support and tank
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #2 on: 07:38 AM - 08/10/18 »
For Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Fortnite, yes. If they would fix the huge, glaring issue of sync settings requiring manual sensitivity adjustment the apex would be a perfect device. I can't speak for Overwatch, as I don't play.

Here is an honest review/rant about apex: The apex is annoying to use at times. I honestly preferred using the Xim4, just run SA3 and play. Look at the forum posts now vs when the 4 was out, it's hundreds of people wanting settings, wanting syncs, wanting response rates, etc. I feel like nobody is comfortable with their Apex settings.

Unless you can sell your 4 for the price of the Apex, I'd just keep it.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:27 PM - 08/10/18 »
No you, an overwatch player, will not feel a difference, and if anything u will be upset about the differences

If ur a mercy or non precision hero then the apex is better cuz the latency. If that makes sense

Itís def an upgrade in terms of response time which is more important than precision aim for a lot of support and tank

Thank you, i play dps. My soldier feels very good, if you want i can share my settings. Its nothing special,i dont even use curves or boost. I play all sort of games though,have u experienced the Apex on other games and if so, have u felt noticeable improvement?

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:29 PM - 08/10/18 »
For Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Fortnite, yes. If they would fix the huge, glaring issue of sync settings requiring manual sensitivity adjustment the apex would be a perfect device. I can't speak for Overwatch, as I don't play.

Here is an honest review/rant about apex: The apex is annoying to use at times. I honestly preferred using the Xim4, just run SA3 and play. Look at the forum posts now vs when the 4 was out, it's hundreds of people wanting settings, wanting syncs, wanting response rates, etc. I feel like nobody is comfortable with their Apex settings.

Unless you can sell your 4 for the price of the Apex, I'd just keep it.

@#$%, that sounds like a turn off to me but i play alot of games such as cod, Fortnite,bf,siege, etc. I even use it in smite but i do feel alot of jitter,maybe with the smoothing everything woukd feel better. Specially in smite but i mainly wanna know if aim assist feels better,thats my biggest issue with Xim 4. Thank you btw! Hopefully u can clear out my AA concern.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #5 on: 07:11 PM - 08/10/18 »
If you play all of those games then yes you should buy it.
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:24 PM - 08/10/18 »
Soldier's great on Apex for OW. The complaints come from Widow players who haven't adjusted to the Apex settings in favour of Xim4's SA3 firmware. That's a very small but vocal minority of the community, so don't let it dissuade you.

MRog's annoyance is because Apex is a relatively new device and people want the best possible settings for their games without truly understanding what the Advanced Settings do. The exact same thing happened for Xim4, Xim Edge, Xim3 etc before it. For most Ximmers, all you need to do is set Apex's response rate to 1000Hz, Sync to Common (for 60FPS games), adjust sensitivity based on your 360 distance on a mouse pad and you're off and running.

The biggest things you'll notice are less input lag on Apex, as well as less reliance on ballistics curves. Audio passthrough on a controller is also a plus, that wasn't possible on Xim4. AA is more tweakable via adjusting Response Rate, Polling Rate, DPI, Sync, Smoothing and Curves.
« Last Edit: 07:42 PM - 08/10/18 by antithesis »

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:54 PM - 08/10/18 »
Soldier's great on Apex for OW. The complaints come from Widow players who haven't adjusted to the Apex settings in favour of Xim4's SA3 firmware. That's a very small but vocal minority of the community, so don't let it dissuade you.

MRog's annoyance is because Apex is a relatively new device and people want the best possible settings for their games without truly understanding what the Advanced Settings do. The exact same thing happened for Xim4, Xim Edge, Xim3 etc before it. For most Ximmers, all you need to do is set Apex's response rate to 1000Hz, Sync to Common (for 60FPS games), adjust sensitivity based on your 360 distance on a mouse pad and you're off and running.

The biggest things you'll notice are less input lag on Apex, as well as less reliance on ballistics curves. Audio passthrough on a controller is also a plus, that wasn't possible on Xim4. AA is more tweakable via adjusting Response Rate, Polling Rate, DPI, Sync, Smoothing and Curves.

Cool,you seem like a veteran. I recently got a Xim 4 5 months ago . I found my preferred sens in this time, i am.thinking of keeping my Xim 4 because i saw them.being sold for 250 to 500 dolars online. Maybe its worth keeing it around.. just in case,i also live in Latin America and theres little to no interest in buying such devices where i live. Its a hard sell.. Foes smoothing affect sensibility btw?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:40 PM - 08/10/18 »
Smoothing's purpose is to reduce jitter. It's similar to Steady Aim on Xim4.

You can also try tuning your mouse to your pad, adjusting DPI (use at least 3200 DPI), cleaning your sensor, etc.

Xim4 is great, there's no urgency to replace it if you're happy with it.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:16 AM - 08/11/18 »
I have both Apex  and Xim4. Mainly play COD using them. Both devices work good, xim4 is just slightly smoother.

I dont know what ppl want with those sync, ballistic curves, polling settings etc. I just use everything on standard and 1000 hz on Apex and it works exactly as my xim4 in COD.

Apex is slightly smoother, other than that it feels absolutely identical to XIM4. I havent rly noticed an improvement in how I play or my K/D when using Apex vs xim4, Id say the stats are the same.

For example I can dominate in BO4 beta easily with both xim4 and Apex using AW or COD WW2 Smart Translators. I tested them both to see how they compare. The slight smoothness advantage of Apex is really only noticable while standing still and aiming around. With the high paced action as it is in BO4, I dont really notice any difference during movement etc.

It might be different in OW I dont know.. But in COD using everything at default except polling rate, which is 1000, everythings identical with both devices  (aside of 1000  hz polling).

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:51 AM - 08/11/18 »
I have both Apex  and Xim4. Mainly play COD using them. Both devices work good, xim4 is just slightly smoother.

I dont know what ppl want with those sync, ballistic curves, polling settings etc. I just use everything on standard and 1000 hz on Apex and it works exactly as my xim4 in COD.

Apex is slightly smoother, other than that it feels absolutely identical to XIM4. I havent rly noticed an improvement in how I play or my K/D when using Apex vs xim4, Id say the stats are the same.

For example I can dominate in BO4 beta easily with both xim4 and Apex using AW or COD WW2 Smart Translators. I tested them both to see how they compare. The slight smoothness advantage of Apex is really only noticable while standing still and aiming around. With the high paced action as it is in BO4, I dont really notice any difference during movement etc.

It might be different in OW I dont know.. But in COD using everything at default except polling rate, which is 1000, everythings identical with both devices  (aside of 1000  hz polling).

What curves hip and ads use on bo4 beta ?

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:32 AM - 08/12/18 »

I dont know what ppl want with those sync, ballistic curves, polling settings etc. I just use everything on standard and 1000 hz on Apex and it works exactly as my xim4 I'm in COD.

Interesting, are u a high or low sens player? I can aim very well with mid sens but the aim assist is slowly pulling me towards high sens teritory. I have some Anti aim Assist curves that work okay but they're horrible for overwatch,lol.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #12 on: 02:27 AM - 08/13/18 »
I wish OBsIV could give us more information about what actually went into the SA3 firmware. If he gave me the code behind that translator vs the current one I could probably figure out a way to spoof it for apex either using curves on system or using external mouse software and Xim Link. SA3 is what all the top cod ximmers used, and I know a few that won't switch to apex because they love their current settings that much.

MRog's annoyance is because Apex is a relatively new device and people want the best possible settings for their games without truly understanding what the Advanced Settings do. The exact same thing happened for Xim4, Xim Edge, Xim3 etc before it.
I'll admit, Xim4 launch was my first (I went under a different account at the time, and didn't post as frequently), but I know that there was less confusion then than there is now. Sharing settings was easy, you told them your DPI and your sensitivity, they would set it and forget it, and never return to the forums. It isn't so simple anymore.

For most Ximmers, all you need to do is set Apex's response rate to 1000Hz, Sync to Common (for 60FPS games), adjust sensitivity based on your 360 distance on a mouse pad and you're off and running.
I agree with this fully. The apex is still very capable of that same set it and forget it mentality, and it is still a great product when used that way, but there will always be that community here searching for settings and configs that work the best. The problem I have is with the user experience, not the existence of more settings. The easiest thing to do in code is basic arithmetic.  User experience 101 is that if basic arithmetic can be built in, it should be. The fact that I have to sit in the app and divide/multiply by a number that I find mist posting to confused users on the forum is absolutely ridiculous.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:39 AM - 08/13/18 »
For most Ximmers, all you need to do is set Apex's response rate to 1000Hz, Sync to Common (for 60FPS games), adjust sensitivity based on your 360 distance on a mouse pad and you're off and running.

Iím new to Xim and this is what Iíve set then I just mess about to see whatís going on and what Iím happy with. All seems fairly easy to get your head around following the info found on the forum.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:09 AM - 08/13/18 »
I wish OBsIV could give us more information about what actually went into the SA3 firmware. If he gave me the code behind that translator vs the current one I could probably figure out a way to spoof it for apex either using curves on system or using external mouse software and Xim Link. SA3 is what all the top cod ximmers used, and I know a few that won't switch to apex because they love their current settings that much.
If memory serves, Steady Aim because Smoothing, but now works along all vectors. It's more customisable than it was on Xim4, but is also largely redundant due to the impact of increased response rate.

SA / Smoothing has an effect on AA, but was never intended to do so, on Xim4 or Apex. All I can suggest is trying Apex at 125Hz, then playing around with Smoothing.

User experience 101 is that if basic arithmetic can be built in, it should be. The fact that I have to sit in the app and divide/multiply by a number that I find mist posting to confused users on the forum is absolutely ridiculous.
I can't argue with that. Keep in mind Sync wasn't a thing until Apex hit the public and there was a larger data pool to test the impact of response rate on jitter. Response rate conversion is now automatic, I don't know why Sync isn't. There must be reason behind it, all I can think is Sync > Off to Default, Common or Slow isn't a straight conversion.
« Last Edit: 04:16 AM - 08/13/18 by antithesis »