XIM Community

A very specific request for OBsIV  (Read 383 times)

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
A very specific request for OBsIV
« on: 08:01 PM - 08/08/18 »
I've got a fun one for you today. I came across this first working on a script for overwatch, a guy wanted a button to rocket jump instead of having to spin a 180, look down, shoot, and look back with a button push (because doing consistent 180s at turn speed cap is difficult with xim).

I accomplished this using XimInputData commands to tilt the stick in the direction I needed, and the amount I needed, but came across an issue with doing this.

Xim translation does not account for XimInputData inputs when translating to the ST, and this is an issue for these scripts because any mouse input will send the cursor flying.

Say I wanted a fortnite script to build a box, it slowly turns and places walls as it turns.
In this script I will send
Code: [Select]
XIMInputData("RightStickX", 40). The issue is that while this is going, if I move my mouse to the right even just a tiny bit it will send my character spinning wildly.

Basically the Xim sees mouse delta, and says "okay for this speed I need to push the stick to the right 10," since the stick is already to the right 40, it pushes the stick to 50. The issue is that the turn speed difference from 0-10 is much smaller than the turn speed difference from 40-50, and so my cursor takes off much faster than I had anticipated with the mouse movement.

Is there a way to correct for this within the translation? Basically instead of calculating mouse delta as a set stick inflection, it would have to calculate stick delta from mouse delta, where stick delta varies over the current stick tilt.

This also could help to correct for issues such as players having messed up controllers that are stuck one way or the other, slight enough that it doesn't turn in game due to deadzone but enough to affect translation.
« Last Edit: 05:09 PM - 08/09/18 by MRog40 »
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: A very specific request for OBsIV
« Reply #1 on: 09:42 PM - 08/08/18 »
You will need to do everything with mouse input (which is actually reticle velocity) since you can't blend the 2 input type correctly. This is an interesting thing, as, it's the same problem I had to solve for the XIM APEX motion control proof of concept I made. It wasn't easy, and, isn't something that can be done using the existing XIM APEX firmware.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:15 PM - 08/08/18 »
That's fair, I was suspecting such. Maybe there is a better way to implement mouse movement within ahk, like a way to send a specific delta and direction constantly instead of the jerky way AHK currently handles mouse movment, which is meant for PC.
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #3 on: 03:56 PM - 08/09/18 »
Everytime I feel confident about my knowledge with Xim, I read your guys posts and feel bad about myself lol
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!