XIM Community

SW Battlefront 2?  (Read 268 times)

Offline Agathon

• View Profile
SW Battlefront 2?
« on: 01:34 PM - 08/08/18 »
I know many of you probably don't play this anymore but I recently started and although it's playable, I'm having a lot of issues with the ST. Maybe my settings are off, I don't know. I get a tremendous amount of input lag randomly though - it spikes occasionally and makes me unable to control the character briefly.

What sense/synchronize/smoothing do you guys have?

Thank you.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: SW Battlefront 2?
« Reply #1 on: 06:13 PM - 08/08/18 »
Hi!:)

I played the game since launch everyday, dropped about three months ago.

The lag you perceive is from EA servers end, are atrocious with many random spikes of lag, one of many issues the game has, is fun but the multiplayer offer is shallow in comparison with the first Battlefront, that was so fun and underrated. XIM performance was golden, pretty much identical to PC out of the box.

On Battlefront 2 the aim assist is insane strong, 1000Hz response rate is a must to get enough Aim Assist help and yet be able to cut-through the bubble.

My settings:
XIM Apex
HIP = 10.00 / ADS = 4.00 / Star Fighters 38.00 with Turn Assist on mouse side button 5
Sync = Common. Game runs 60fps strong, if you need less AA go Default.
Mouse: 4000 DPI, 1000Hz polling rate.

I used to be top 5 leaderboard mostly first place regarless of heros, vehicles or infantry.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Agathon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:24 PM - 08/08/18 »
Hi!:)

I played the game since launch everyday, dropped about three months ago.

The lag you perceive is from EA servers end, are atrocious with many random spikes of lag, one of many issues the game has, is fun but the multiplayer offer is shallow in comparison with the first Battlefront, that was so fun and underrated. XIM performance was golden, pretty much identical to PC out of the box.

On Battlefront 2 the aim assist is insane strong, 1000Hz response rate is a must to get enough Aim Assist help and yet be able to cut-through the bubble.

My settings:
XIM Apex
HIP = 10.00 / ADS = 4.00 / Star Fighters 38.00 with Turn Assist on mouse side button 5
Sync = Common. Game runs 60fps strong, if you need less AA go Default.
Mouse: 4000 DPI, 1000Hz polling rate.

I used to be top 5 leaderboard mostly first place regarless of heros, vehicles or infantry.
Really? It doesn't feel like server lag. I seriously feel like it's my controls, but perhaps you're right. Thanks a lot for the settings, I'll play around with those. My mouse is on 12k dpi but I may drop it to 4k to see if it responds any better on this game.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:56 PM - 08/08/18 »
I don't think Battlefront 2 has a server browser but in Battlefield 1 if you go into a low ping empty server the controls are as good and responsive as COD if not better. When you play the game with a full server then you start to feel the input lag. Dice's games have always had controls that are heavily impacted by network latency.

Offline halomodder

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: haloskinner
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 PM - 08/09/18 »
It feels like there is a lot of microstuttering in the game. The game randomly freezes/stutters which really messes with aiming. Someone posted a video on youtube showing the stuttering.

Offline Voban

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vobam
« Reply #5 on: 09:13 PM - 08/09/18 »
 I stopped playing about 3 months ago because this game is buggy as hell and the devs totally dont care about this game now...
We all know the EA loot box fiasco at launch really tainted this game's reputation and momentum

I used to be top 5 leaderboard too