XIM Community

Apple keyboard  (Read 614 times)

Offline 0xFF

• View Profile
Apple keyboard
« on: 05:37 AM - 08/08/18 »
I have connected Apple magic keyboard thru the USB-A to the XIM4 everything works fine except the FN key, it looks like it is not recognised by the XIM4, would it be possible to add support for it?
« Last Edit: 05:56 AM - 08/08/18 by 0xFF »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Apple keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 09:22 AM - 08/08/18 »
Welcome to the community (I like your username :). The FN key sounds like is a special key that only works if you have a special driver. Unfortunately this won't be supported.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 03:37 PM - 08/08/18 »
I'm a Mac user wouldn't advise using a Magic Keyboard for gaming. Get a cheap Logitech keyboard just for gaming.

Alternately, you can use most Windows kbs on Mac too. If keys need to be remapped (e.g Vol+/-, Display +/-), use the Carabiner app.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 0xFF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:04 AM - 08/09/18 »
I was hoping it will be just some flag check on the incoming usb packet. But I do understand.

I'm a Mac user wouldn't advise using a Magic Keyboard for gaming. Get a cheap Logitech keyboard just for gaming.

Alternately, you can use most Windows kbs on Mac too. If keys need to be remapped (e.g Vol+/-, Display +/-), use the Carabiner app.

I known that the Magic keyboard is more a design thingy, but unfortunately (or fortunately ? :) ) it has one of the lower key press -> usb bus latencies than the most of gaming keyboards, which is really preferable, then any of "gaming" keyboards with colors or macros, but with much bigger latency.