XIM Community

Sony Nav Alternatives  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D

Offline Grizz

• View Profile
Re: Sony Nav Alternatives
« Reply #32 on: 04:06 AM - 02/19/19 »
I think the ergonomics / grip together with button layout is going to a tough challenge to get right. I put an extra button on a NAV, so using pinky and ring finger to grip, leaving middle finger for extra button(s), forefinger for trigger/jump buttons and thumb for analogue stick. Problem I found with this on the current NAV is the trigger/jump buttons need to be smaller (and trigger to not have such a large deadzone/travel time) for it to be comfortable and viable - hand size likely plays a role in this too.
For trigger deadzone, I opened up my nav and added a small folded up piece of paper behind the trigger to reduce the deadzone. It worked very well, but eventually I just got so tired of holding that controller and wanted more buttons.

You listed the biggest issue with my design plan - hand size. It is impossible to produce something that works for everyone in terms of hand size. I happen to be freakishly tall, and with that, have freakishly large hands. Like can palm basketballs out of a dribble with ease large hands. I want a controller that is comfortable for myself, but also for other people, which is a challenge.

Hate to bump, but I think a lot of people may be interested in this.

Do you have any plans on still going through with it?

Offline cullenmac

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:52 PM - 11/07/19 »
Bump i would agree i would  like at least one more button at least on the nav right where my middle finger lies on the nav.
xbox one x/ logitech g502/ ps nav / turtle beach elite pro 2/

Offline drgauravsuneja

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DrGauravSuneja
« Reply #34 on: 02:10 AM - 05/13/20 »
I was thinking if mobile phone screen could be used for left hand nunchuk instead.even stean co troller has right joystick as touchpad. Rest depends on learning curve. But ps3 navigation controller is hard to find these days and if there its around 50$ and battery worn out.

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #35 on: 07:01 AM - 05/14/20 »
I've seen alot of nav wands that only connect through bluetooth if some how the xim could dected them it definitely would work a charm.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10:28 AM - 05/15/20 »
Sometimes i had to use Xbox original pad as Sony Navi when its battery died.

Its better than nothing, but feels somehow much slower. What that would be, some XIM setting should changed?

There must be some back up, world might run out of Navis one day and then what :O

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07:47 PM - 05/15/20 »
Bump i would agree i would  like at least one more button at least on the nav right where my middle finger lies on the nav.

MJFame modded his Nav controller a while back to add X and O buttons in that area. I'd love to get the same done somehow.
https://i.imgur.com/i3Go37B.png

Offline drgauravsuneja

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DrGauravSuneja
« Reply #38 on: 09:43 AM - 05/19/20 »
Anyone using xiaomi black shark controller?or apple magic 5