XIM Community

Am I the only person having a HUGE issue with strafing in the beta ?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
i do have a pretty good internet yes, wired, DMZ host enabled, open nat and all that.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Actually the strafing was even pretty stupid even in WW2. Ive seen quite a few ppl complain about it.

In WW2 you could strafe almost faster than in UT, close to Quake speed when strafing. Dont know if they actually changed it. But in WW2 ttk is much shorter and hit detection better than Black Ops engine, so ppl “dance” less before theyre usually dropped.

Other than that- the last few cods have all been about tard-strafing and tard-jumping, so I wouldnt expect developers to significantly change things any time soon.

On these small maps- if you play with ar, u should stay in areas with longer lines of sight, otherwise youre handicapping yourself unnecessarily. Theres that one SMG everyones using with an RPM like 100.000. Theres no chance in close fights to beat that smg with an AR. Any nerd with an SMG like that will spray u down, it takes no skill in close fights- just spray like an imbecile and tard-jump left and right.

Thats how cod works these days.

If youre gonna use an AR, you shouldnt play these nerd’s game, means you shouldnt get into CQ engagements. Make them play your game and come to you in areas with longer lines of sight.

I mean adter all you cant rush around with LMGs too, each weapon class requires certain way of playing. You cant circumvent this limitation, doesnt matter how skilled u are. If youre gonna play with AR dont let ppl get rly close to u. Its not MW2 or MW3 where ARs were viable in close fights.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile

I dont know but if it is left like this, rewarding people for moving left and right I will cancel my order, this is even more annoying than the exo suits.
Movement during a gunfight should give you absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

Bless your heart.

And why are on earth are you using an LMG, trying to go toe-to-toe with an SMG? Those are two completely different play styles for those weapons.

If you're using AR/LMG, those are more distance-oriented weapons. You have to set up your line of sight, yadda yadda and of course stay the hell away from run & gunners, at least up close.
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
I have pretty good aim actually. The problem is reaction. Idk if you read my other posts but as I said the guy who moves to the side first is guarnteed to hit more shots on you as it takes time for you to react to that.
It isn't guaranteed. You and the enemy have the ability to do the same things, and you actually have the ability to do more because you are using a mouse. You also have the ability to strafe faster because you are using a keyboard. You have all the advantages, so don't complain because you aren't skilled enough to use them.

That person on the other hand who just moved to the side, their aim assist was on you the whole time because thats how it works. It gives those people who move more aim assist and those who don't or barely move during gunfights a lot less aim assist.
There is a great video that describes what target assist vs aim assist is. Basically, you get aim assist slow down all the time, but you only get auto-aim when you move. This is a good fix that rewards aggressive players, and punishes head glitchers and campers. Adapt.

This is illogical and not fear. If I pulled out an SMG i would destroy people, just like in Advanced Warfare , I decided to embrace the advanced movement and I was really good even in the PC version.
Do it then. Stop sitting on headglitches with an AR, bad aim, and bad reaction time. Be better.

What im saying is that movement should not determine the outcome of a gunfight, only accuracy should and how well you hand idle sway, flinch and recoil.
This game doesn't have flinch, and has predictable recoil. Movement is everything in cod. A console shooter where people use analog sticks and aiming is assisted should not be all about aiming. If you want a game about aiming, go play CSGO on PC.
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
This is even funnier than the other thread you made ages ago crying about advanced movement, please, keep them coming cause they’re gold.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
All my complaints about advanced movement were 100% factial and legit.

Blast Supresor is a perk which should have been a killsteak or a speciist bonus like in MW3 after killing 8 people.

Advanced movement and fast vertical movements are not and never will be fear and balanced for the person on the receiving end while the head is the point of view. The person performing the movement going upwards will see your entire body and able to shoot you while you can barely see his head.

HOW IS THAT FEAR ????

Like honestly some people need to think about things first before telling me my arguments are stupid.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
Like honestly some people need to think about things first before telling me my arguments are stupid.

*thinks about it*

Your arguments are silly.

*strafes to the left so LolPop can't hit me*
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
*thinks about it*

Your arguments are silly.

*strafes to the left so LolPop can't hit me*
I don't genuinely lol often when reading posts, but this one did the job  ;D
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
factial Supresor killsteak speciist

never will be fear and balanced

HOW IS THAT FEAR ????
Wait, this whole time have you been trying to say "Fair"?
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Wait, this whole time have you been trying to say "Fair"?
Don't poke the potato.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline AkyyUK

• View Profile
this thread has me dying, im not one to put others down but you're definitely just bad, god knows how badly you got @#$% on in the beta to make such a stupid post lool

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Maybe give BFV a go. Dice are talking about toning down "ADAD" spam. If i'm not mistaken after the first 2 ADs your soldier slows down significantly.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Tbh AD spam would be much less of an issue in cod games if at least the hit detection and netcode were halfways decent in cod, which is not the case.

Cod ww2 and bo3 are some good (actually bad) examples that beeing able to strafe very fast just confuses the already outdated trash engine even more in terms of hit detection. Esp wallrunning and jetpacking in bo3- oftentimes u shoot perfectly on target and dont even get a single hitmarker.why? Most likely because the player models arent in fact where the game shows them on your screen due to Desync issues, trash lag comp algorithm and sheety netcode.

It is really rage enducing, sometimes youre in lobbies where u start shooting at mfs like 1.5 seconds perfectly on target before they start shooting and you still get outgunned.

I even had a lobby yesterday where I was behind a guy who barely was moving, he was stationary almost. I then started shooting at him perfectly on target and i had to shoot like 15 bullets for him to drop. It is as if a big chunk of bullets doesnt even register as being fired.. Only cods where it was that bad were bo1, 2 and 3 for me. Others werent quite as bad.

And it cant be my connection, im on fibreoptic 100 mbit line, no crc/fec errors, no dropped packets nothing like that, just a clean perfect fibreoptic line with very low ping.
« Last Edit: 06:28 AM - 09/02/18 by Santigold »

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.5k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
Bo4 has cazy aim assit this year makes it really easy to abuse i even tried it on controller and went on a 23 gunstreak after a year off 2nd game on it mind you i was a freak on the sticks to but yeah this year it really does give that sticky feeling whilst moving and its alot more noticable id say its due to most guns not having stock so subbys that do have stock and better standard strafe speeds are just out strafing ars which in my opion should happen at close range use a ICR at medium range to long youl be untouchable better yet use a ABR with the mod it gets better another thing to keep in mind is most people are running a equipment piece called Acoustic sensor use that instead of stim shot itl help alot because people are running acoustic sensor they can see give or take 10m in all directions were players are coming from so thats why they have such sporadic movment and its hard to react to it if your not running acoustic aswell because they have the jump on you i highly advise running deadsilence as a hard counter to it and itl help alot but theres alot of cheese going into this game that youl have to adapt to  btw when stationary its alot less BUT its like that in alot of cods it probably feels off for you atm because most ars dont have stock and obviously when they do it competes very well i wouldnt worry to much about it though its not worth cancelling a pre order over thats for sure but running the guns that are best help a TONNE its a support based game now so even make sure your playing with a team or youl find issues in alot of things

Offline combo

• View Profile
So basically you're saying that if someone, God forbid, strafes as you're shooting at them, you want the game to lock your aim on said person, so that you don't have to actually like...aim at them??

I'm literally sitting here shaking my head, befuddled.

Anyway, good luck with that, personally I'm going to keep on strafing in a gunfight, I'll just feel slightly ashamed now as I do it.