XIM Community

Am I the only person having a HUGE issue with strafing in the beta ?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I use ARs and the LMG. Any time I go up against a SMG no matter the range I just can't keep up. It seems like the aim assist is way too weak, it does follow the person but it follows behind them and honestly there is no way to react instantly to a lightweight SMG with stock, it is just not humanly possible unless you're some freak. I never had this problem in black ops 3 as the aim assist followed people pretty good for the most part.

I dont know but if it is left like this, rewarding people for moving left and right I will cancel my order, this is even more annoying than the exo suits.

If I am on the guy and he starts strafing the aim assist should remain right on the guy regardless of how fast he moves period. I am so sick and tired of this annoying SMGs ruining call of duty with their ridicolously fast fire rates and even faster movement speeds while being able to shoot perfectly.

Movement during a gunfight should give you absolutely no advantage whatsoever. This is why I play on console with aim assist. If I wanted to play against a bunch of ballerina losers I would play against PC players.
« Last Edit: 06:51 PM - 08/04/18 by LolPop »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Movement during a gunfight should give you absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

lol. k.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Movement during a gunfight should give you absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

lol. k.

I had literally the same reaction but couldnít be asked to give attention to such a stupid comment😂
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's a bit of a silly sentiment. The strafe dance is a good chunk of the combat in COD. One of the reasons I disliked BO3 is because the aim assist was so strong that it completely negated any use for it or for the ability to aim.

As for the aim assist being an aim hinder in BO4. That does happen but it's usually a sign that something is off with netcode.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
So you people dont realize how oeverpowered this is ?

SMGs are already super powerful and have amazing fire rates. With this, just becuse some loser decides to start dancing and a lot of times they do it because they cant aim with just one of their sticks, becuause of this they are GUARANTEED to get a few free shots on you the moment they strafe to the side as it takes time for you to react.

This makes no sense. I want a first person shooter not a circus.

If they wanna keep this, then cut the damage of all SMGs in two.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Or at least LOWER their aim assist so that they manually have to aim on you while they are moving left and right instead of it being locked right on you the whole time. NOW THATS FEAR.

My problem is that the game has a huge bias for SMG users and people who like to move during gun fights, it does everything to help them and it does nothing to help a stationary shooting person.

And still, I was able to kill some of these people on my 2nd day of the beta but the effort I had to put into doing so was 5 times more than what it took to kill a normal person. Actually my eyes still hurt, that's how hard I had to look at the screen without blinking just so I can catch the smallest movement and react to it as fast as possible. This aint healthy lol And im too ignorant to use an SMG myself. I just hate doing what everyone else is.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
So you're upset that your aim isn't good enough with a mouse, and they are out-aiming you with a tiny joystick?
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I have pretty good aim actually. The problem is reaction. Idk if you read my other posts but as I said the guy who moves to the side first is guarnteed to hit more shots on you as it takes time for you to react to that.

That person on the other hand who just moved to the side, their aim assist was on you the whole time because thats how it works. It gives those people who move more aim assist and those who don't or barely move during gunfights a lot less aim assist.

This is illogical and not fear. If I pulled out an SMG i would destroy people, just like in Advanced Warfare , I decided to embrace the advanced movement and I was really good even in the PC version.

What im saying is that movement should not determine the outcome of a gunfight, only accuracy should and how well you hand idle sway, flinch and recoil.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have pretty good aim actually. The problem is reaction. Idk if you read my other posts but as I said the guy who moves to the side first is guarnteed to hit more shots on you as it takes time for you to react to that.

That person on the other hand who just moved to the side, their aim assist was on you the whole time because thats how it works. It gives those people who move more aim assist and those who don't or barely move during gunfights a lot less aim assist.

This is illogical and not fear. If I pulled out an SMG i would destroy people, just like in Advanced Warfare , I decided to embrace the advanced movement and I was really good even in the PC version.

What im saying is that movement should not determine the outcome of a gunfight, only accuracy should and how well you hand idle sway, flinch and recoil.

Im sorry but I think everyone who is reading this can agree youíve gone crazy or are really bad and salty ???

Youíre telling me itís unfair because I move more then someone else in a gunfight, so what should I just sit still and make it 100% easier for them to hit me when itís already easy enough for them to hit me whilst Iím moving :-[

Iím really not understanding how you can tell anybody the main mechanic of pretty much every game ( movement ) is unfair if someone does it in a gunfight.

If really love for you to explain yourself because Iím quite lost

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile

If youíre having issues with reacting to people moving around then you could try turning your sensitivity up.

Maybe itís because thereís no BO4 profile but Iím kinda confused

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile

Im sorry but I think everyone who is reading this can agree you’ve gone crazy or are really bad and salty ???

You’re telling me it’s unfair because I move more then someone else in a gunfight, so what should I just sit still and make it 100% easier for them to hit me when it’s already easy enough for them to hit me whilst I’m moving :-[

I’m really not understanding how you can tell anybody the main mechanic of pretty much every game ( movement ) is unfair if someone does it in a gunfight.

If really love for you to explain yourself because I’m quite lost

Why do I have to repeat myself for the third time ?

It is not the movement itself that's the problem, it is the aim assist. When you move to the side and you're already aiming at someone, the aim assist KEEPS your aim on the guy.

The guy on the other hand even though he was aimed right at you doesn't get that privilege when you move. The aim assist doesn't follow you directly.

Because of this, I said either increase the aim assist so that it tracks moving targets perfectly regardless of whether you're moving not, or lower the aim assist so that the person moving doesn't get the privilege to stay locked on you.

If you can't figure this out and why is it broken you have a mental disability.

Perosnally Id like it increased since decreasing it will only slow down the game but thats me.
« Last Edit: 08:23 PM - 08/06/18 by LolPop »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Or, you know, you could also move instead of standing stationary and getting shot.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
or they could just tweak the aim assist so that it either caters to everyone or to no one

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Or, you know, you could also move instead of standing stationary and getting shot.
People don't strafe in shooters?!?  :o  Haven't we all been doing that for decades? If you don't strafe, you're a sitting duck.

The only game I can recall that rewards remaining stationary is Fortnite. At long range, the reticle blooms when moving.

It is not the movement itself that's the problem, it is the aim assist. When you move to the side and you're already aiming at someone, the aim assist KEEPS your aim on the guy.
Isn't that the way CoD AA has always worked, at least in the last few releases?
https://youtu.be/bE12xuAG_U4?t=139
« Last Edit: 03:14 AM - 08/07/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
you need to open a special section on the forum with the topic of BO4, there will be a lot of questions :-) p.s. do you have a good Internet connection?