XIM Community

Am I the only person having a HUGE issue with strafing in the beta ?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Just when you think you've read it all, there's a guy complaining about people moving in order not to get shot.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Just when you think you've read it all, there's a guy complaining about people moving in order not to get shot.
The problem isn't so much that they're moving, it's that their guns have bullets. Where's the fun if the other guy can shoot back? Worst. CoD. Ever.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
You don't get it do you ?

The reason I have such a problem with certain movements is because the game mechanics REWARD people for using, not only to get an advantage in terms of positioning, but also during the gun fight.

Any type of movement that gives the person doing more aim assist or makes it easier for them to kill you is unbalanced.

Everyone should have the exact same amount of aim assist regardless of absolutely anything. One of the people may want to do a back flip and then jump boost 100 feet up. He shouldnt get more aim assist than the person not moving. What this means is that the game shouldnt lock him on you while he is performing that stupidty, while it is not doing the same for you just because you're standing still.

You shouldnt be able to shoot at a straight line while jumping, strafing or sliding to being with, so don't you tell me about realizm.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
CoD has never been realistic. It's "Shooters for Dummies", especially on consoles due to the heavy aim assist and low TTK.

Aim should matter, I agree. But CoD is all about shipping units. The lowest common denominator, those with poor aim, are the target market.

I've never enjoyed CoD MP because it feels like I'm shooting cardboard cutouts, when they're dressed to the teeth in bulletproof armor. BO4 is the first CoD I've been interested for the MP because it's now possible to create a skill gap that rewards aim.

It's a pity it's been dumbed down with uber-AA, but that's to be expected...it is CoD afterall. If you don't want that, play Siege or PUBG.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Online ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I've never enjoyed CoD MP because it feels like I'm shooting cardboard cutouts
Wut? Like target practice cardboard cutouts? That's not the experience I have. Fools is jumping and boosting around like fleas on an apoplectic hound!

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I've never enjoyed CoD MP because it feels like I'm shooting cardboard cutouts
Wut? Like target practice cardboard cutouts? That's not the experience I have. Fools is jumping and boosting around like fleas on an apoplectic hound!
I'm referring weapon impact and TTK on seemingly heavily armoured player models.

What's the armour for if it does nothing? Toe shots do almost as much damage as head shots, so there's no point aiming anywhere but centre-mass. That's right where the thickest armour is, but it might as well be made out of tissue paper (the cardboard reference).

BO4 is IHMO a step in the right direction with higher TTK and rewarding aim, rather than who can spray down who the fastest.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
BO4 is IHMO a step in the right direction with higher TTK and rewarding aim, rather than who can spray down who the fastest.

It would be the case if every engagement was a 1v1 duel situation. But unfortunately it is not.

The maps being as small as they are in BO4 and ppl beeing able to move really fast with sliding and infinite sprint- chances are: while you are gunfighting someone, one of his buddies will join the fight. And with higher TTK, it is almost impossible to combat 2 enemies and come out as a winner.

Halo is a good example in terms of how too high TTK is not fun at all to play. You are battling 1vs1 against a guy, wasted like 2 magazines and a grenade, are all low on health and need to reload again and recharge HP- suddenly another enemy with full health and magazine comes around the corner and finishes you off. While in games with fast TTK like COD youd have a small chance to somehow jump away and kill him before he hits you, theres no chance something like this would work in Halo.

Kill trading is just not fun for most ppl. Coming out of games with 1.5 KD ratio or lower is not fun. It is how it used to be in Halo and if you look at Halos popularity- it doesnt really exist. IMO theres a better chance to take advantage of aiming skill and better reflexes in faster TTK games. If youre good with movement and aiming, you can even take 2+ enemies down, depending on their distance, situation etc. Something like this would rarely be possible in Halo (if at all).

In games where you need like 2 magazines and 1 grenade to kill someone- it just takes all possibilities for skill away, because if you have lower health after a won gunfight, the biggest nerd will win the next gunfight vs you if he has full health and ammo and you dont.

Again- if every fight was 1v1 where you have enough time to recharge your health and reload your gun in between each fight, the argument with better aiming skill at high TTK would be valid. However in games like COD, with very small maps, you will just get overwhelmed by respawning enemies after you kill one of them. They just keep coming faster than you can reload your weapon and recharge HP..

Offline combo

• View Profile
While I totally agree with you about halo, the ttk was the reason I stopped playing it, other than swat anyway but even then the headshot hitbox was definitely too big. I haven't played bo4 but from the videos I've seen the ttk is nothing like halo, nowhere near in fact, it does look high for a cod game and I prefer short ttk but like I said halo is a bit of an exaggeration.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile

It would be the case if every engagement was a 1v1 duel situation. But unfortunately it is not.

The maps being as small as they are in BO4 and ppl beeing able to move really fast with sliding and infinite sprint- chances are: while you are gunfighting someone, one of his buddies will join the fight. And with higher TTK, it is almost impossible to combat 2 enemies and come out as a winner.

Halo is a good example in terms of how too high TTK is not fun at all to play. You are battling 1vs1 against a guy, wasted like 2 magazines and a grenade, are all low on health and need to reload again and recharge HP- suddenly another enemy with full health and magazine comes around the corner and finishes you off. While in games with fast TTK like COD youd have a small chance to somehow jump away and kill him before he hits you, theres no chance something like this would work in Halo.

Kill trading is just not fun for most ppl. Coming out of games with 1.5 KD ratio or lower is not fun. It is how it used to be in Halo and if you look at Halos popularity- it doesnt really exist. IMO theres a better chance to take advantage of aiming skill and better reflexes in faster TTK games. If youre good with movement and aiming, you can even take 2+ enemies down, depending on their distance, situation etc. Something like this would rarely be possible in Halo (if at all).

In games where you need like 2 magazines and 1 grenade to kill someone- it just takes all possibilities for skill away, because if you have lower health after a won gunfight, the biggest nerd will win the next gunfight vs you if he has full health and ammo and you dont.

Again- if every fight was 1v1 where you have enough time to recharge your health and reload your gun in between each fight, the argument with better aiming skill at high TTK would be valid. However in games like COD, with very small maps, you will just get overwhelmed by respawning enemies after you kill one of them. They just keep coming faster than you can reload your weapon and recharge HP..

I agree. Higher TTK in a 1v1 makes no difference for me BUT when there are 5 ppl in front of you assuming they are somewhat decent you have no chance of killing them all.