XIM Community

Here's a question (ways MS could block this)  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
Here's a question (ways MS could block this)
« on: 01:19 PM - 07/11/08 »
What would happen if MS finds some way to block this interface?

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
Re: Here's a question (ways MS could block this)
« Reply #1 on: 01:26 PM - 07/11/08 »
Then we shall do glorious battle and find a way around it!!! Look at us with the XIM2, we used the controlle to bypass the USB secuirtiy. There will always be  a way to get around these measures. For example, look at all of halo 3's deadzzone and stuff. Microsoft should just go like PS3 and allow people to just do this. Lets not bring too much attention to this towards microsoft, for then they shall do something like this. Anyways, how would they stop our XIM2's? Make everyone buy new security enhanced controllers we cant mod?

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #2 on: 01:28 PM - 07/11/08 »
It will stop working.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :D

If they do I'm sure someone will come up with another way around it. We have some smart peeps around here.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:04 PM - 07/11/08 »
NEVER tell a smart person that they can't learn to do something.

They will just prove you wrong

As I see it the only thing m$ could do about it would be to release their own K/M adapter/support. but they don't seem to think there is enough $$$$$$ to make worth it to them. We just really want to play the games we like the way we like to play them.
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline Skiddles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:20 PM - 07/11/08 »
would they be able to tell by the imput. Like would they notice that one person is looking around faster then possible with a normal controllor on the max sensitivity?
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
TEABAG

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #5 on: 02:34 PM - 07/11/08 »
would they be able to tell by the imput. Like would they notice that one person is looking around faster then possible with a normal controllor on the max sensitivity?

No not really, XIM is still constrained by the games engine and can do anything the controller cant do. It might look suspicious but there's no way they could tell from turn speed and accuracy alone. ( for instance, I play halo3 on 10 when i use the sticks )

I have gone over this before and there ARE some ways of telling but I'm not getting into them. I wouldn't want anyone to use them.

So yea it is detectable in a way, but to the console its just a controller. There wont be a way for them in interrogate the unit (that we know of) so it would have to involve input profiling, which takes resources not worth wasting.

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #6 on: 02:59 PM - 07/11/08 »
Wont happen. Locked.