XIM Community

The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]  (Read 4749 times)

Offline ipiaytooomuch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: IPIayToooMuch
Re: The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]
« Reply #15 on: 09:29 AM - 08/03/18 »
Not to mention that having ur actuation point at 3.6 when the analog activated in the 1.5 to 3.5 range.... which means you arenít even using your analog

Especially if u have it on an aggressive curve.

You guys can say I always respond with ďIím right your wrongĒ

But itís because u didnít even read the @#$% manual bro. Seriously ur just using a 15 dollar keyboard with an actuation point at 3.6
You won't receive more aim assist in cod when using a special keyboard. It doesn't matter at all what type of input method u choose, whether it's analogue or not. It's just personal preference.

And the console's aim "assist" in cod equals an aimbot anyways. There's absolutly no difference (gameplaywise) between a 15$ keyboard and a one that costs 10x more. Keyboards are always the least important parts of setups.

Iíll answer both of your replies

First Iím not here to debate with anyone Iím literally telling you my experience with the product and I can tell you donít play COD because youíd know the best controllers users would @#$% on people without strong aim assist lol.

Second To Satly I clearly stated that I changed it to 1.5 and showed a gameplay Iím not sure what your going on about at all

Also Iíd rather not go back in forth so letís just end it here

Finally if you donít want the product donít buy it lol. No need to cause a ruckus and and completely down it.
« Last Edit: 09:39 AM - 08/03/18 by ipiaytooomuch »

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #16 on: 09:41 AM - 08/03/18 »
Not trying to argue with you. I was responded to a lot of replies. I. Can see how you would take what I said the wrong way as I worded it wrong

I was just trying to make sure that you knew that a 3.6 doesnít exist and that if u were using it that way, then u were not using analog.

My bad for confusion.
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline ipiaytooomuch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:46 AM - 08/03/18 »
Not trying to argue with you. I was responded to a lot of replies. I. Can see how you would take what I said the wrong way as I worded it wrong

I was just trying to make sure that you knew that a 3.6 doesnít exist and that if u were using it that way, then u were not using analog.

My bad for confusion.

Oh alright well yes the second gameplay is on 1.5 glad we cleared it up

Offline ipiaytooomuch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:49 AM - 08/03/18 »
Oh one more thing I use rotational and slowdown
Thanks.

So when you're using the Wooting, did AA increase when strafing (Slowdown) or did it pull you onto your target when he was moving (Rotational) or both?

And by how much?

I dont mean to doublepost mods I just couldnít find the quote.

But Both there is definitely a pull affect and strafing has more assist, Iím also testing the old keyboard just to compare Iíd say just give me a week. I have another gameplay of a 45-4 If you need to see but other then that yea.

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
« Reply #19 on: 11:01 AM - 08/03/18 »
I can imagine the wooting keyboard bringing many advantages. Speaking from experience using a controller you can use strafing to aid aim assist for sure.

I also think you've got a little excited destroying some TDM lobbies  :P

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:39 PM - 08/03/18 »

My bad for confusion.

Oh alright well yes the second gameplay is on 1.5 glad we cleared it up

Dont get the wrong idea about me. I'm very, very happy to know its working for you. As I mentioned, it might be because you are playing COD. I also am NOT going way out of my way to strafe while shooting, I'm trying to play like I usually would. When I have gone out of my way to try and strafe or whatever, I got frustrated with how little resistance there was in my keys.

I caution you not to make a conclusion after a small sample size of games... but from the way you are describing it, the difference sounds night and day.

Im using 1.5 with the normal curve still.  will post results later.
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:43 PM - 08/03/18 »
You won't receive more aim assist in cod when using a special keyboard. It doesn't matter at all what type of input method u choose, whether it's analogue or not. It's just personal preference.

And the console's aim "assist" in cod equals an aimbot anyways. There's absolutly no difference (gameplaywise) between a 15$ keyboard and a one that costs 10x more. Keyboards are always the least important parts of setups.

just for the record, though, im not going this far. i do understand analog adds aim assist. Im just saying that the way it delivers aim assist isnt sufficient for me. And that I used the Nav controller too, and didnt feel like a huge AA diff in OW.

Its probably because AA in ps4 OW is crap

Offline Kaspo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:04 PM - 08/03/18 »
Aim Assist affects both left and right analog sticks.

Keyboard switches are traditionally digital, i.e either in a 0 or 100 position. Whilst this is good for rapid strafing, it cuts right through any left stick aim assist. It's also complete crap for corner peaking and sneaking up on an enemy.

Wooting has analog switches with a range of 0 to 100, just like a controller. Not only does this allow for corner peaking and sneaking using a kb, but it allows for shallower or more gradual movement, which has a better chance of latching onto aim assist.

An easy comparison to make is to hold a controller in one hand for movement and a mouse for aim. You should notice additional aim assist due to the analog left-stick movement. Similarly, a Nav controller or G13 will illicit the same effect. Now try the same with a keyboard, you should notice less aim assist.

How this came about (as I remember it) was through discussion and experimentation between guys like RML and myself. RML had issues in games like Destiny where aim assist was too strong and he wanted less of it. I on the other hand barely felt aim assist and wanted more of it.

RML was using a Nav controller, I was using a kb. We were both using 12K DPI Logitech mice, same Destiny config, same sensitivity. We postulated that analog movement had an impact on aim assist as the only tangible difference between our setups was Nav vs kb. I also started experimenting with DPI and found that aim assist felt stronger at around 3000-4000 DPI due to a fatter Xim sensitivity sweet spot making it easier to find the AA threshold.

I went further and created a script for Titan Two that allows analog-like control over WASD (interpolation movement speed). It demonstrated that the speed of both right (mouse) and left (WASD) sticks affected aim assist, which is to be expected as the slower you move your controller sticks, the more you feel aim assist. Likewise, you should feel more aim assist at lower in-game sensitivity, which can be emulated via lower Xim sensitivity.

How much analog movement affects aim assist is game-dependent. Call of Duty exhibits a strong effect (I had the reticle bouncing from head to head), as does Destiny. Other games will be to a lesser degree as the AA is determined by the game engine, not the controls. Fortnite has a huge gravity well when aiming down sights at an opponent, but movement creates bloom, so it's a little harder to test. That said, the more controlled analog movement should create less bloom and assist with AA.

There are lots of "shoulds" and "mays" here, we're only Xim users on a forum, not game engineers, and can only offer our personal experience, not scientific proof. Xim was never designed to manipulate aim assist, we've simply found that it can be by experimenting with curves, DPI, sensitivity, steady aim (Xim4), smoothing and sync (Apex). Some of us want more AA, some want less. You need to play around to see what effect Advanced Settings in Xim Manager has on AA, but none of it is intentionally designed to do so.

Thanks for the info! Do you think its worth getting? I have a corsair k95 rgb platinum currently. Im a pc player aswell as a xim player that mainly plays cod, rainbow 6, and any fps games

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:03 PM - 08/03/18 »
Aim Assist affects both left and right analog sticks.

Keyboard switches are traditionally digital, i.e either in a 0 or 100 position. Whilst this is good for rapid strafing, it cuts right through any left stick aim assist. It's also complete crap for corner peaking and sneaking up on an enemy.

Wooting has analog switches with a range of 0 to 100, just like a controller. Not only does this allow for corner peaking and sneaking using a kb, but it allows for shallower or more gradual movement, which has a better chance of latching onto aim assist.

An easy comparison to make is to hold a controller in one hand for movement and a mouse for aim. You should notice additional aim assist due to the analog left-stick movement. Similarly, a Nav controller or G13 will illicit the same effect. Now try the same with a keyboard, you should notice less aim assist.

How this came about (as I remember it) was through discussion and experimentation between guys like RML and myself. RML had issues in games like Destiny where aim assist was too strong and he wanted less of it. I on the other hand barely felt aim assist and wanted more of it.

RML was using a Nav controller, I was using a kb. We were both using 12K DPI Logitech mice, same Destiny config, same sensitivity. We postulated that analog movement had an impact on aim assist as the only tangible difference between our setups was Nav vs kb. I also started experimenting with DPI and found that aim assist felt stronger at around 3000-4000 DPI due to a fatter Xim sensitivity sweet spot making it easier to find the AA threshold.

I went further and created a script for Titan Two that allows analog-like control over WASD (interpolation movement speed). It demonstrated that the speed of both right (mouse) and left (WASD) sticks affected aim assist, which is to be expected as the slower you move your controller sticks, the more you feel aim assist. Likewise, you should feel more aim assist at lower in-game sensitivity, which can be emulated via lower Xim sensitivity.

How much analog movement affects aim assist is game-dependent. Call of Duty exhibits a strong effect (I had the reticle bouncing from head to head), as does Destiny. Other games will be to a lesser degree as the AA is determined by the game engine, not the controls. Fortnite has a huge gravity well when aiming down sights at an opponent, but movement creates bloom, so it's a little harder to test. That said, the more controlled analog movement should create less bloom and assist with AA.

There are lots of "shoulds" and "mays" here, we're only Xim users on a forum, not game engineers, and can only offer our personal experience, not scientific proof. Xim was never designed to manipulate aim assist, we've simply found that it can be by experimenting with curves, DPI, sensitivity, steady aim (Xim4), smoothing and sync (Apex). Some of us want more AA, some want less. You need to play around to see what effect Advanced Settings in Xim Manager has on AA, but none of it is intentionally designed to do so.

Thanks for the info! Do you think its worth getting? I have a corsair k95 rgb platinum currently. Im a pc player aswell as a xim player that mainly plays cod, rainbow 6, and any fps games

He doesnt even own the keyboard? Why do you guys always group think????????

Literally 2 people in this forum have the keyboard lol.  One really likes it for COD, one doesnt like it for FN and OW

Offline Platsko

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:48 PM - 08/03/18 »
Red or Blue switch? i dont really understand the difference between the two

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:05 PM - 08/03/18 »
Red or Blue switch? i dont really understand the difference between the two

One has more tactile feedback than the other.

If your goal is to get the most out of analogue input on console (peeking, aim assist etc.) since the actuation point is configurable with software it may be counter intuitive to get the click from blue switch at one point even though actuation started happening at an earlier point. If that were my goal I would go with red switches.

If your goal is to get most feedback from mechanical keyboard blue is much more satisfying switch.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:10 PM - 08/03/18 »
Is not about Analog giving you more aim assist. Is the fact you have objectively different range of movement compared to WASD full 100% speed all the time, Digital.

If you do this well with analog movement, means you use strafing to aim. Ofc having a wider range will give you more precision.

For players that basically use their mouse for aiming (wich is usual on Quake pro gamers or CS, for example), analog movement wonīt make it any better aim wise.

I agree that analog > WASD tho, movement wise.

Offline Pigy33

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:55 PM - 08/03/18 »
The big elephant in the back of the room here...

If analog movement increases aim-assist, isn't it counter-intuitive because it also increases aim-assist for others aiming at you?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:25 PM - 08/03/18 »
Salty's right, I don't own a Wooting, yet. I've preordered a Wooting Two and won't get that for a few months.

But, because I know what analog can do vs digital, I'm buying one for both PC and Xim gameplay. For PC, it'll be useful for corner peaking and sneaking to a far greater extent than any other kb on the market. For Xim, it'll do that and may assist with AA, depending on the game. Everything I've experimented with to make WASD more analog-like tells me Wooting will be great for Xim gaming.

Let's also not forget remapping of keys, dual-function keys etc on a Wooting. I use a kb that has these function and it offers far more than a bog-standard kb ever will. Macros are also coming down the pipe for Wooting. There so much good stuff built into or coming for Wooting that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, regardless of whether or not you feel a bump in AA on Xim.

Analog is going to become the standard for gaming kbs and Wooting is leading the pack. It's still early days - Roccat has a kb with analog QWEASD, but it requires PC drivers, so won't work on Xim. Razer's just released a kb with similar switches to Wooting's, but they're using them as digital switches only, at least for now. I wouldn't buy either the Roccat or the Razer in a blue fit, Wooting's the only one headed in the right direction.

And you know this...how? Try it yourself using a Nav, G13 or controller - you'll get more AA from analog input than a digital kb.
« Last Edit: 10:30 PM - 08/03/18 by antithesis »

Offline JamesCaywood

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ScaryFawn631545
« Reply #29 on: 12:09 AM - 08/04/18 »
Salty's right, I don't own a Wooting, yet. I've preordered a Wooting Two and won't get that for a few months.

But, because I know what analog can do vs digital, I'm buying one for both PC and Xim gameplay. For PC, it'll be useful for corner peaking and sneaking to a far greater extent than any other kb on the market. For Xim, it'll do that and may assist with AA, depending on the game. Everything I've experimented with to make WASD more analog-like tells me Wooting will be great for Xim gaming.

Let's also not forget remapping of keys, dual-function keys etc on a Wooting. I use a kb that has these function and it offers far more than a bog-standard kb ever will. Macros are also coming down the pipe for Wooting. There so much good stuff built into or coming for Wooting that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, regardless of whether or not you feel a bump in AA on Xim.

Analog is going to become the standard for gaming kbs and Wooting is leading the pack. It's still early days - Roccat has a kb with analog QWEASD, but it requires PC drivers, so won't work on Xim. Razer's just released a kb with similar switches to Wooting's, but they're using them as digital switches only, at least for now. I wouldn't buy either the Roccat or the Razer in a blue fit, Wooting's the only one headed in the right direction.

And you know this...how? Try it yourself using a Nav, G13 or controller - you'll get more AA from analog input than a digital kb.

how do i get thus wooding two