XIM Community

Best Xim sensitivity (Personal experience)  (Read 577 times)

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
Best Xim sensitivity (Personal experience)
« on: 01:11 AM - 07/31/18 »
So, ive had the Xim 4 for 6 months now and in this time ive used all sort of sensitivities and DPI. I wanna talk about my experience and hopefuly hear yours too.

I ended up going for cloth mousepads because they feel more precise and comfortable,for a long time i was told to use 4000 to 3000 DPi but it feels harder to aim (for me) as the aim assist feels stronger,it feels like a struggle when i play with that range of DPI. I ended up going for 12K , my mouse is the logitech 502 by the way. This DPI feels smoother,snapier and it also helps me fight the aim assist which is ironic because APPARENTLY high DPI makes aim assist stronger but what i learned from my own experience is that more DPI equals to less aim assist struggle.

I also tried all sort of sensitivities coming from 65,60,55,50,55,45,40,35 or 30 cm to do a 360 in game.  The sensitivities of 45 CM and above to do a 360 arent necessarily what i was told, yes theyre easier to aim with but the turn speed made the gameplay a struggle. I think theyre easier to get used to but you can do better ! In my opinion people should go for the highest they can do as long as they are precise. I aim as good as i do with 45 CM and above while using a 30 CM x 360 sensitivity.

The small adjustments while aiming with this "high" sensitivity arent that different from lower sensitivities and i get the advantage to turn around quick too, i saw someone commenting he uses 40 CM x 360 on PC but on the Xim he uses 30 CM x 360 due to the turn speed limit and overall sensitivity console games have so it feels as good to him, i cant confirm this as i dont play on PC (maybe someone can comment on that)

My obssesion with lower sensitivity started when I saw how pro PC players had between 45 to 30 CM sensitivities, most do 45-35 , but that is on PC! This is a Xim and those games are on console so the turn speed is much different. I think 30 Cm for xim 4 on consoles is very beneficial even though its on the edge of "high" sensitivity . Everyone is different though,what works for pros dont necessarily have to work for me but still, if most pros did good with those ranges I had to try it. Maybe 30 CM x 360 could be unplayable for some ppl but to me it feels amazing so i wanted to share this to hopefully help someone .

My suggestions are : cloth pad,12K dpi,30 CM x 360 sensitivity.

Give it a try , if you have a personal preference or a general suggention please leave a comment! I was afraid of using my current sensitivity but i can turn around and aim much better and quicker ever since i did.  Before i go, i dont know if this matters but i use fingertip grip on the mouse but that was natural to me, i didnt learn it. so if you grab your mouse in any other way id say do what feels more comfortable to you.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
Re: Best Xim sensitivity (Personal experience)
« Reply #1 on: 04:50 AM - 07/31/18 »
DPI 12000;1000 HZ!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:23 AM - 07/31/18 »
I ended up going for cloth mousepads because they feel more precise and comfortable,for a long time i was told to use 4000 to 3000 DPi but it feels harder to aim (for me) as the aim assist feels stronger,it feels like a struggle when i play with that range of DPI. I ended up going for 12K , my mouse is the logitech 502 by the way. This DPI feels smoother,snapier and it also helps me fight the aim assist which is ironic because APPARENTLY high DPI makes aim assist stronger but what i learned from my own experience is that more DPI equals to less aim assist struggle.
That's not true.

High DPI = less AA and greater cut-through into the hitbox.
Low DPI = more AA and higher chance to get stuck outside the hitbox.

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:38 AM - 08/10/18 »
That's not true.

High DPI = less AA and greater cut-through into the hitbox.
Low DPI = more AA and higher chance to get stuck outside the hitbox.

YES! Thats what i noticed aswell,ive been told otherwise though. I struggle with 40 CM x 360.. what do you use? My aim is near perfect but i cant turn around as quick as i wish andnsomwtimes the AA is too strong. In 30 cm x 360 i dont struggle with that but even though im precise i still feel like i miss shots i shouldnt be missing so even though im happpier with my quicker sens i do see its weakness.

Offline warren57

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: twogirls_1warren
« Reply #4 on: 08:04 PM - 08/16/18 »
Can you explain what a 30cm x 360 sensitivity is please?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:21 PM - 08/16/18 »
Can you explain what a 30cm x 360 sensitivity is please?
A 360 degree in-game turns takes 30cm of mouse movement.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:53 AM - 08/17/18 »
I play at 60cm/360 on xim same as pc as I like my 180 to feel the same. But in terms of raw performance i too have found 30cm/360 to be the sweet spot for xim. I'm statistically a little better on 30cm then 60cm. It's just I much prefer the feel of lower and find swapping between pc and xim easier.

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:21 AM - 08/17/18 »
12k dpi 1000hz

30cm/360 hip 60cm/360 ads

That's my setup. It works best for me with all games.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline warren57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:04 PM - 08/17/18 »
Thanks for the reply. And what about doing 180 ADS? I find my xim very very inconsistent, to the point where I think it's a very unreliable device. Some games I'm an aimbot, the next game I can't hit or track a target. Tried several different mice and controllers too. Something is awry

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:27 AM - 08/18/18 »
Inconsistency could be due to exceeding the turn speed cap of the game. Watch your Xim and if it's blinking red, it means you're moving your hand too fast. The excess movement is wasted and you'll turn slower as a result. Try adjusting your hand speed or Xim sens to ride the red light for more consistency.

A faulty USB cable from the controller to the Xim could be responsible for inconsistent performance. If you have a spare one handy, give it a go. Also, ensure the controller is fully charged.

Power drain can lead to inconsistent performance. I've had several Razer mice where the mouse speed would jump all over the place. A powered USB hub may help to tidy up power issues. Since using a powered hub, I've never had a mouse problem. Except the time I crushed some wires removing a G303 from a Razer bungee...that got ugly in-game.
« Last Edit: 02:31 AM - 08/18/18 by antithesis »

Offline warren57

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:43 AM - 08/18/18 »
Thanks very much for the reply dude. I don't turn my mouse fast at all really as I know it doesn't work well with xim. I'll try a different cable I guess. Because this is really getting me down with how inconsistent it is.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:34 AM - 08/18/18 »
Thanks very much for the reply dude. I don't turn my mouse fast at all really as I know it doesn't work well with xim. I'll try a different cable I guess. Because this is really getting me down with how inconsistent it is.
What mice are you using? Your experience should be consistent if the mouse sensor is fairly recent.

Offline CAL50vengeance

• View Profile
    • CAL50vengeance YouTube
  • PSN ID: CAL50vengeance
« Reply #12 on: 05:51 AM - 08/22/18 »
I use 35 to 40 cm /360. It's fast to 180 if need be, still slow enough for accurate aim at almost all distance.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZctiLjcd9Jskxijer8BuA

# Mice - Logitech g502 and Zowie FK, ZA, ECB CSGO edition.
# Keyboard - Razer Blackwiddow Tournament edition. (Silent Yellow)
# Monitors - Samsung 4k/28inch. Asus VG245H.
Game of choice - Rainbow6.