XIM Community

Ballistic Curve Creation Tool  (Read 15333 times)

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
Ballistic Curve Creation Tool
« on: 02:05 PM - 07/29/18 »
Ballistic Curve Creation Tool 2.0

This thread should be unstickied
« Last Edit: 11:21 AM - 07/28/19 by G502Killer »
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Curve Creation Tool
« Reply #1 on: 04:11 PM - 07/29/18 »
Great work MRog! This is going to save a lot of mucking around tweaking intermediate values.

That said, I have no idea what function to enter into C5  :-[   (I can see the function, but algebra was never a strong point). I vaguely recall a link somewhere to a function generator, but might leave this one to the math gurus.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:07 PM - 07/29/18 »
I vaguely recall a link somewhere to a function generator, but might leave this one to the math gurus.
This is 1.0, I don't think sliders are possible in Google sheets but I plan on making tools to more easily create the curves for those that aren't fond of algebra
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:14 AM - 07/30/18 »
It's a great 1.0, the curves look silky smooth! That's very difficult to recreate manually point-by-point in Xim Manager.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:28 AM - 07/31/18 »
thats an instant sticky!
MRog40 would it be possible to paste existing apex curve codes into A1 so you can then view/edit them?
(or an optional cell at the bottom to do this)

also im sure xim4 users would love to use this too ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:21 AM - 07/31/18 »
thats an instant sticky!
MRog40 would it be possible to paste existing apex curve codes into A1 so you can then view/edit them?
(or an optional cell at the bottom to do this)
Yes! I actually am able to do this using my old spreadsheet method, which isn't very user friendly. This is a work in progress, and I'm still writing functions for supporting that as well as some more user friendly curve creation tools.

It will exist as a separate tab on the worksheet called "View existing curves" or something, and will show the graph as well as all of the decimal values of the curve.

I also plan on eventually building a tool for curve smoothing, aka you can input an existing curve, apply regression on it, and then use that regression to build a new curve that is a smooth mathematical version of the existing. This is pretty far down the line though.

also im sure xim4 users would love to use this too ;)

Unfortunately, I no longer have my Xim4 so wouldn't have a way to test the curves out. For now, this will be apex only.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: Ballistic Curve Creation Tool
« Reply #6 on: 12:03 PM - 07/31/18 »
Super cool... can't wait to play around with it.

Thank you!!
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:14 PM - 07/31/18 »
Yes! I actually am able to do this using my old spreadsheet method, which isn't very user friendly. This is a work in progress, and I'm still writing functions for supporting that as well as some more user friendly curve creation tools.

It will exist as a separate tab on the worksheet called "View existing curves" or something, and will show the graph as well as all of the decimal values of the curve.

I also plan on eventually building a tool for curve smoothing, aka you can input an existing curve, apply regression on it, and then use that regression to build a new curve that is a smooth mathematical version of the existing. This is pretty far down the line though.

thats awesome, i already played around quite a bit with your tool and i really like it!
the new features will make it even better, really looking forward to those! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:04 PM - 07/31/18 »

Here is an example of the types of curves that can easily be made and tweaked using this tool. This is a slight acceleration curve I created using the function generator in just minutes of tweaking parameters.

Made this using
Code: [Select]
Power
A      B      C      D      E
1.2    150    0.02   0      0

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gACAiYE7ggGC1IOyhJqFiYaAh3yIfomGipKLo4y4jdGO7pAOkTKSWZODlLGV4ZcTmEmZgZq8m/mdOJ56n76hBKJMo5ek46YxpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:38 AM - 08/02/18 »
What do the different generator parameters stand for?
D = y axis start point (aka boost)
E = inverted x axis start point
C = change gradient?
B = C?
A = if x^1, x^2 curve and so on?

Offline EconomyLobster

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EconomyLobster
« Reply #10 on: 11:01 AM - 08/02/18 »
Wow this is insane! Cant wait to test out some curves when I get home!

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:00 PM - 08/05/18 »
Odin, here is the equations I have used. I just kinda threw them together randomly, I plan on adding more functionality soon!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:32 AM - 08/06/18 »
thanks, that should make it much easier to use those cells to create a curve! :)

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #13 on: 03:15 PM - 08/15/18 »
Totally blown away! Booyow roggy!

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #14 on: 03:47 PM - 08/15/18 »
Super cool... can't wait to play around with it.

Thank you!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with oh our saviour of aim assist!