XIM Community

Playstation 4 Camera Microphone doesn't work with XIM4 on PS4 Pro?  (Read 196 times)

Offline RiFT1986

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RiFT1986
Hello,

I have a PS4 Pro, Playstation 4 Camera (v1), and XIM4 that I'm having issues with - hoping for some help please.

Basically the Microphone on the Playstation 4 Camera doesn't seem to work at the same time as the Dual Shock 4 controller if the Communication Method is set to "Use USB Cable", which as far as I'm aware is a requirement for PS4 Pro and XIM4 to work.

When I try to enable the Microphone on my Camera in PS4 Settings, I get the following error: https://imgur.com/a/astsub2

Does this mean I cannot use the Microphone on my PS4 Camera and XIM4 at the same time, or is there a workaround I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

RiFT1986
« Last Edit: 04:54 AM - 07/23/18 by RiFT1986 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, that's correct. PS4 can't have multiple microphone inputs at the same time.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline RiFT1986

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RiFT1986
Thanks for the reply, unfortunate this is the case on PS4 Pro needing USB for Controller Communication Method, didn't have this issue on my original PS4.

Anyhow, I ended up moving my SteelSeries Wireless H from PC to my PS4 Pro, which uses Optical and USB connected to the PS4 pro in order for the Mic and Audio to work, and so far it's working fine, so have a work-around for now.

Cheers,

RiFT1986
« Last Edit: 10:27 PM - 07/23/18 by RiFT1986 »