XIM Community

Anyone else excited?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
Anyone else excited?
« on: 05:56 PM - 07/16/18 »
For APEX 2 so we can watch the forum burn? The devil inside of me cant wait.
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline PookieLove

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PookLove
Re: Anyone else excited?
« Reply #1 on: 06:28 PM - 07/16/18 »
I actually think the Apex is a step in the right direction - being able to adjust the polling rate is something I always wanted personally. It may have some issue(s) as of right now but they're minor at best. Xim3 wasn't perfect when it was initally released but after tons of user input and testing it became a solid product.

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:39 PM - 07/16/18 »
I’m speaking to thecraziness that happens on here when something new is about to release.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #3 on: 06:44 PM - 07/16/18 »
Apex will be fine over time. Def a slow start but I’m not ready to call it a bust
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:11 PM - 07/16/18 »
This went over everyone’s head.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:00 PM - 07/16/18 »
As much as I love XIM, since the first 1 I got almost 1 decade ago, we all know that this won´t last long. Not because of devs finding ways to disable it, but simply because cross platform and/or mouse and keyboard native support on most games on console are the future. It started with Fortnite; Xbox One X now supports 120hz refresh rate monitors for half of the input lag, and right now Microsoft is working with Razer to create a keyboard and mouse for Xbox One products.(see video and image below).

XIM will still have its place on the market because some people will want to have Aim Assist when using the mouse, but it will be a niche thing for sure. Still, 1 or 2 more years for XIM to last as the best mouse+keyboard option on console. But even Obsiv is for sure aware that this won´t last long due to the natural evolution and direction of consoles. Companies have seen how massive and sucessful are games like Fortnite, H1Z1, Pubg, CS, MOBAs on PC. The most played games in the world. They will want a bit of those profits too. Right now 95% of the streamers/youtubers I follow wich used to play on consoles, are on PC. Talking about SandyRavage (former PS3/X360 legend on CoD), Pwnstarzdotcom (former PS3/X360 pubstomper on CoD), Ninja (former Halo beast player on X360), Drift0r (FPS analysis), Ali-A (former console 100% player), JoshOG, Summit, JiveTurkey, Agony, etc etc etc the list goes on and on. They all went to PC.

Mouse and Keyboard + High refresh rates offer a simply way superior experience to what consoles can deliver. The videogames market changed so much, that offering single player experiences only is not enough anymore. Sony and Microsoft want more profits from different things, and with consoles being more and more similar to PCs - x86 arch, FreeSync support for unlocked framerates without stutter, 120hz refresh rate by HDMI2.1 coming next year, etc -  this is the next step.

« Last Edit: 10:16 PM - 07/16/18 by Emanuel »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 07:58 AM - 07/17/18 »
If console game makers really start integrating native mouse and keyboard in their games, then, it really all comes down to whether they mix input types in online matchmaking.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #7 on: 08:16 AM - 07/17/18 »
If console game makers really start integrating native mouse and keyboard in their games, then, it really all comes down to whether they mix input types in online matchmaking.

This. We all know there will always be a large population of users who want to use controllers and that’s their prerogative
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:17 PM - 07/17/18 »
It depends. We have sucessful cases on the PC where controller users with strong aim assist are paired with mouse users. Talking about Battlefield 1, Black Ops 3 and Destiny 2 PvP for example. The Aim Assist can´t be underrated. It controls most of the recoil, hitboxes are bigger than when using a mouse. And I assure you good controller players could keep up with mouse users on those games. I would even get "annoyed" when facing controller users because they would stick their aim on me while I had to manually aim with a mouse.

Imo it is possible and no need for separate servers.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:38 PM - 07/17/18 »
What new features would you all like to see for the XIM APEX 2? :)
(pizza order/call with a single hotkey press doesnt count!)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:47 PM - 07/17/18 »
“THE JOKE”

———————

“You guys”

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 03:41 PM - 07/17/18 »
Sh!t joke. Trollbait. No-one cares.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 03:49 PM - 07/17/18 »
It depends. We have sucessful cases on the PC where controller users with strong aim assist are paired with mouse users. Talking about Battlefield 1, Black Ops 3 and Destiny 2 PvP for example. The Aim Assist can´t be underrated. It controls most of the recoil, hitboxes are bigger than when using a mouse. And I assure you good controller players could keep up with mouse users on those games. I would even get "annoyed" when facing controller users because they would stick their aim on me while I had to manually aim with a mouse.

Imo it is possible and no need for separate servers.

I do find it hard to see game makers mixing input types (especially since Microsoft is encouraging them not to in their official guidance). But if they do, I believe we will see people use a XIM for aim assist (like we see today with people using XIM on a PC).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:55 PM - 07/17/18 »
That leads me to the assumption that you are a no one . Joke was better then being a shitt gamer that has to use a titan.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 03:57 PM - 07/17/18 »
I do find it hard to see game makers mixing input types (especially since Microsoft is encouraging them not to in their official guidance). But if they do, I believe we will see people use a XIM for aim assist (like we see today with people using XIM on a PC).
Not only that, but to compact the control scheme. I recently got back into PC gaming and am finding the million and one separate bindings incredibly clunky and confusing in a game like Fortnite.

For example, Use and Reload are typically the same console button, but separate on PC. Xim allows us to double-bind the same button, PC bindings typically do not, e.g mapping Sprint to W. Even something as simple as the inability to remap ESC is frustrating. Not to mention separate HIP and ADS settings, ballistics curves etc - Xim gives us so much control.

I'm going to start using Xim + T2 on PC for the above reasons. Maybe I've simply grown too used to Xim over the last 8 years, but PC bindings and customisation is way behind the Xim and I'm finding it difficult to readjust back to a keyboard full of separate bindings rather than context-sensitive controls.
« Last Edit: 04:09 PM - 07/17/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts