XIM Community

My opinion on DPI.......  (Read 673 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
My opinion on DPI.......
« on: 02:35 AM - 07/16/18 »
I know that a lot of you guys like to have your dpi between 3200-1600 but have you guys tried 400 DPI with the xim 4? I love it to be honest because it literally feels as if I'm tracking perfectly. Especially on the xim apex when you add a little aim smoothing to it. The issue I was having playing on higher dpi was that I always felt as if I was either overtracking or undertracking. I never found a smooth balance with the dpi and sensitivity. However, the moment I went to 400 DPI it felt as if i was able to use the most of my aim assist and not have to work as hard on games like COD and Overwatch. Now I know that a lot of you guys don't like aim assist as well. But, I actually like being able to get the most out of it because it's put in the game to increase your accuracy when tracking with a controller, and I like for my xim to function exactly like a controller. I was actually good with a controller before switching to a mouse and keyboard. I average a 2.0 every game on COD. But after the switch, I average around a 8kd every single game. Long story short, to me it seems like it all boils down to preference. And for me, 400 dpi works great.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My opinion on DPI.......
« Reply #1 on: 07:43 AM - 07/16/18 »
extremly low dpi with a high smoothing value to remove the stutter will result in an extermly strong aim assist
aim assist in general is personal preference thing, some play better with it while others do better without
you might be someone who does better with it :)

overall it is not a really recommended setup though as your overall accuracy with the mouse (fine movements) will be pretty bad

on a sidenote, there are more ways to increase the aim assist even more
here you have a guide: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66110.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
« Reply #2 on: 09:19 AM - 07/16/18 »
I've noticed the same. Overwatch and COD most gunfights are at close range and the maps aren't big enough for long distant shots and I keep to a lower DPI for sure. Games like fornite and battlefield where you can ping people from across the map I stick to 12k.
My opinion is if using aim assist keep DPI as low as possible till the pixel skipping becomes a hindrance.

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:24 AM - 07/22/18 »
This is very interesting, ive heard 3200-4000 DPI is the way to go otherwise the xim wouldnt work properly. But whatever works for you is perfectly fine ,i suposse... As long as it works for you. I just have one question, doesnt the aim assist move your aim too much?  If the Aim assist is stronger that way wouldnt it feel like your camera is moving on its own most of the time .

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:20 PM - 07/24/18 »
This is very interesting, ive heard 3200-4000 DPI is the way to go otherwise the xim wouldnt work properly. But whatever works for you is perfectly fine ,i suposse... As long as it works for you. I just have one question, doesnt the aim assist move your aim too much?  If the Aim assist is stronger that way wouldnt it feel like your camera is moving on its own most of the time .

Yes this is how it will feel like, but on top of that you will also have a lot more scenarios in which the aim assist is annoying or even feels like something you are working against
Aim assist isnt something you will always benefit from, sometimes its pretty much the opposite
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 07:29 AM - 07/25/18 »

I like AA and most of the time it helps me (I'm old, my reflexes aren't what they used to be) especially when my target is moving quickly, but as soon as I get two targets moving on different vectors I'm screwed, as AA will usually take me toward the wrong target.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Coolermaster Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:53 AM - 08/21/18 »
For close to PC 1:1 you should go high DPI

the 3200 - 4000 range is for having a better AA.

400 dpi, if you feel it great is because you might be used to PC mouse productivity mice, full of interpolation and acceleration. Is not optimal.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:21 PM - 08/21/18 »
400 DPI should feel like a turd sandwich for tracking. You'll get tonnes of quantization at low DPI / high Sensitivity on a Xim4 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_(signal_processing)

With that said, that's what the Xim4 SA3 experimental build does and the kids seem to love it...