XIM Community

Fortnite: Turn aim assist into snap on autoaim!  (Read 1155 times)

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
Fortnite: Turn aim assist into snap on autoaim!
« on: 12:41 AM - 07/14/18 »
Hi guys. I'm normally a low sensitivity player but it seems to be impossible to have a low sensitivity on fornite and to be able to build fast due to the turn speed cap. I've changed my settings frequently since the release of FN back on forth because I'd either be a beast at long range shots or a beast at close range and could never find the middle ground and seemed to be always fighting the aim assist.

Mouse Settings
12kdpi
1000poll

In Game settings
Sensitivity 7.5
ADS 0.75
Scope 0.70

XIM4 Settings
HIP 16 No curve. Steady aim off. Boost 750
ADS 14.50 No curve. Steady aim off. Boost 400

The boost values and in game settings seem to be the most crucial for the snap on aim. Start with those and adjust the rest of your settings to preference if need be

Boost at 750 for hip is perfect. Any higher and it won't snap on, any lower and you still fight the aim assist. Boost at 400 for ADs you need to do micro movements for any long to super long range shots but the aim assist literally does everything for you. You still have to fight the AA at close range Ads but turning the boost up anymore can make it difficult to snap on at super long range.

Hope these settings help anyone that's been struggling. Enjoy the rest of season 5.

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Re: Fortnite: Turn aim assist into snap on autoaim!
« Reply #1 on: 05:17 AM - 07/14/18 »
I don't think boost works bud. Maybe a mod will correct me but as I understood it it does nothing at all as it's broken.

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 07/14/18 »
It definitely works for me as intended bud. Increasing the deadzone which causes the snap on effect and less mouse dragging to catch up to your target. That's why the micro movements are needed at long range.
« Last Edit: 10:58 PM - 07/15/18 by 9Lives »

Offline FancYxFeeT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FancYxFeeT
« Reply #3 on: 10:25 AM - 07/18/18 »
Thank you for posting this!!!
I use to run 7 for in game x/y sensitivity and it was pretty auto lock.
I with the boost it really does get the reticle moving quicker and less unregistered movements. I converted your xim sensitivitiy to 4K DPI (48 hip and 42 ads) and itís working well for me!

Would love to hear othersí thoughts on this

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:49 PM - 07/18/18 »
I don't think boost works bud. Maybe a mod will correct me but as I understood it it does nothing at all as it's broken.
Boost works fine on Xim4. It was removed on Apex due to redundancy thanks to higher resolution curves.

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:37 AM - 07/19/18 »
Thank you for posting this!!!
I use to run 7 for in game x/y sensitivity and it was pretty auto lock.
I with the boost it really does get the reticle moving quicker and less unregistered movements. I converted your xim sensitivitiy to 4K DPI (48 hip and 42 ads) and itís working well for me!

Would love to hear othersí thoughts on this

Thanks for the feedback.
I tried my in game settings and boost values at 3200DPI but I can't remember my exact xim sensitivities and it generally does feel a bit better. The 2 cons which made me revert back to 12kDPI were crouch peak shots were harder and the same with mega long distance shots with AR/Scoped AR as you lose out ever so slightly on the fine aiming.
If you take your in game sensitivity down even further it gives you even more aim lock on but less range in your turning which negatively affected my building. Try it out though if building isnt a priority, even with snipers my scope felt like it was being sucked towards the target (had similar boost values if not the same).

Offline FancYxFeeT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:48 PM - 07/19/18 »
I know what you mean by lowering the x/y values to make aim assist stronger. However i think the biggest con is the turn speed limit, when the xim flashes red. That happens more at 7 versus 8.5-10.

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:40 PM - 07/19/18 »
Edit: The high boost values are having a negative effect after Patch 5.1.
I've changed my ADs boost back to 0 and it feels so much better.
I've changed my HIP boost to 150, I'm getting use to the not so responsive turning but the boost at 700 the aim assist is throwing me out in the opposite way to what it was before.

I've made a thread in the XIM apex section as it's more active to update them on this patch. Hopefully Epic will confirm the changes I've mentioned there and this thread can be closed. My settings no longer work. I'm aiming a lot cleaner with 0 boost on ADs and the aim assist isn't hindering me as it was before on 0 boost.
« Last Edit: 08:11 PM - 07/19/18 by 9Lives »

Offline FancYxFeeT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:23 PM - 07/20/18 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:44 AM - 07/31/18 »
After my last post I was running 400 boost for Ads and 200 on HIP. After today's patch I'm running 0 boost on HIP and ADs and it's feeling so clean.