XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim4 Xbox one S controller issue  (Read 122 times)

Offline DunkITinRanch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DunkITinRanch
[RESOLVED] Xim4 Xbox one S controller issue
« on: 08:39 AM - 07/12/18 »
First time poster but Iíve had xim products for quite some time with few issues I havenít been able to figure out myself. Recently got back into gaming after 6-7 months off and updated my xim4 firmware and read that it now supports the Xbox one S controller. I use to use an old generation controller and that seemed to work just fine. I no longer have that controller and have also tried many different data cables but the one s controller never shows up on the xim application. The mouse and keyboard and light signature on the xim are all powering up correctly. I just believe there is a communication problem between the xim and controller that I canít seem to figure out. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 04:49 PM - 07/14/18 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 Xbox one S controller issue
« Reply #1 on: 10:47 AM - 07/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. Can you share the firmware version number listed in Manager's menu-about? After sharing this let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline DunkITinRanch

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim4 Xbox one S controller issue
« Reply #2 on: 05:44 PM - 07/12/18 »
When you asked for the firmware version number were you referring to the manager on my pc or a labeled version on the xim4 app itself after connected via Bluetooth? I also tried the hard reset method on every new data cable that I connected.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:34 PM - 07/12/18 »
In the Manager app over bluetooth or PC. Go to menu-about and both the firmware and Manager version will be listed there. Thank you for trying that, it's a good place to start and does help some people who experience a console USB bug.

After sharing your firmware version number please try this test next.

Disconnect XIM4
Disconnect controller
Remove controller battery
Connect controller directly to console using the same controller cable. Do not use the XIM4 C cable.

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing a button?

Offline DunkITinRanch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:41 PM - 07/14/18 »
Sorry for the delayed response.

Manager version- 4.00.20171001
Firmware Version- 4.00.20160405

Then I tried to remove the battery pack and see if the controller lights up on start up. I have to turn the controller on myself. Does this mean all 7 micro usbís are power and not data cables? Even went to gamestop today and they couldnít even distinguish if what they had were data or power.

Update- one cable does turn on controller by itself with no battery pack inserted. But when used as the connecting cable between the xim4 and controller, the controller does not power on by itself. After turning it on with xim plugged in, it  Still does not register with cable on the app. Just see the blank box where controller should be.
« Last Edit: 03:49 PM - 07/14/18 by DunkITinRanch »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:34 PM - 07/14/18 »
If your firmware version is 20160405 this is an outdated firmware. I don't think Manager has a 20171001 version number, APEX has a version number like this though. Here is a link to the latest XIM4 firmware, try updating using this specific tool.

You can find the latest XIM4 firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

After updating try using the cable that has turned the controller on. If you find that the micro usb cables you have on hand are not resolving the issue then I recommend trying cables by amazon or anker.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-3-Pack-PowerLine-Micro-USB/dp/B015MJLEUS
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Male-Micro-Cable-Black/dp/B0719H12WD

Offline DunkITinRanch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:46 PM - 07/14/18 »
Firmware fixed my issue. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:49 PM - 07/14/18 »
Great, I'm glad it's working now.