XIM Community

Overwatch settings you should be using with your Apex (From a widow main)  (Read 651 times)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
TLDR:  Try turning your sens up to an ALMOST uncomfortable level, and increase your AAW to around 60-80. Max your DPI. Use a hard mouse pad. Sync Common feels a little more manageable this way. It feels uncomfortable and nonefficient, but you will find yourself hating your apex a little bit less, maybe.

I think I found the issue, at least I hope.

I think the developers are wrist aimers, or have high sens, because I just turned my sensitivity higher, and kept a high AAW, and found a lot of success.

Sync:  Common
DPI: 12000 (Very important, used to break AA bubbles, I dont care if you tell me high DPI doesnt do this)
Smoothing :  3 (low as possible)
Xim sens : 1
Relative aim scope : 100% , do not make a second ADS profile
1000 hz if you have a logitech mouse. 500hz if you have any other mouse that you arent sure can handle a constant 1000hz
hard mouse pad

I realize this is the settings that the mods suggested, to an extent, and I was just complaining about it, but its the only way to at least utilize your Apex for its response time and improved hardware. I cannot stress enough how important the high DPI was for me.

These settings may not feel that uncomfortable if you are not widow. The sens is not crazy high, and if you are used to playing around this sens, then you wont notice huge changes... If these settings are close to yours, just try increasing your sens by around 130%

do not try and emulate PS4 controller movements, like the mods and even myself have suggested in the past. Turn your AA up, your window up, and just try and get used to the movements. You can break the aim assist bubble if you make annoying last second micro movement adjustments. Just try and make it feel natural like this was PC, because you will overthink everything if you don't. Its still going to feel pretty bad. McCree is going to feel awful, because he requires precision aiming, and you cant achieve that in OW with your Apex currently. You can literally drag your crosshair over your opponent's face, and the cursor will find a way to make your shot veer off right before you left click

Now widow, on the other hand, is a different story. If you are able to get used to the 100% relative aim scope, you will find yourself breaking AA bubbles easier than you would on characters like mcree. I think this is because the shrunken FOV on widows scope makes the mouse movement quicker and jerkier.

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A PERFECT FIX, but it allows players, like my wife, who are casual xim users, to actually be able to play again. As of now there is no way to stop the wonky aiming mechanics, where your crosshair seemingly grows a mind of its own, but this will allow you to play faster and make up for those mistakes.

LET ME ALSO MAKE CLEAR THAT I FOUND THESE SETTINGS ON THIS FORUM I will find the Xim forum user's name, he is a master widow main like me. I gave his settings a shot (I think he only uses 30 aaw) and I tried it with my 70 AAW, and it feels usable, at the very least, which is a lot better than what most of us have.

If you are this user who posted this 1-2 weeks ago, please take credit, because I was able make these settings based off what I read about your settings!!

« Last Edit: 02:09 AM - 07/12/18 by Saltywatch »
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
also if common feels too floaty, it honestly could just be your brain at this point. Obviously the smart translator doesnt feel good right now, so I think every sync option feels weird.

the logic behind using common to emulate controller movements and increase aim assist functionality makes complete sense to me from a technical standpoint, so I see very little reason to turn sync off unless you feel like things are astronomically better

and i think you should make sure that you aren't just having a good game, like the mods suggest when you make those determinations.   My judgements are derived from statistical data over moderately long periods of time.

Again i will be making XIM videos soon on my youtube channel, its the same name as my name here. you guys can comment on any one of my videos and I will gladly answer your questions, and if I have time, run a few games with you guys so I can give advice
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
McCree is going to feel awful, because he requires precision aiming, and you cant achieve that in OW with your Apex currently.

weird, i played last season just for fun on a mccree only smurf and was basically top100 worldwide in accuracy and critical hit percentage with a xim apex and around 100+ mccree games...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
TLDR:  Try turning your sens up to an ALMOST uncomfortable level, and increase your AAW to around 60-80. Max your DPI. Use a hard mouse pad. Sync Common feels a little more manageable this way. It feels uncomfortable and nonefficient, but you will find yourself hating your apex a little bit less, maybe.

I think I found the issue, at least I hope.

I think the developers are wrist aimers, or have high sens, because I just turned my sensitivity higher, and kept a high AAW, and found a lot of success.

Sync:  Common
DPI: 12000 (Very important, used to break AA bubbles, I dont care if you tell me high DPI doesnt do this)
Smoothing :  3 (low as possible)
Xim sens : 1
Relative aim scope : 100% , do not make a second ADS profile
1000 hz if you have a logitech mouse. 500hz if you have any other mouse that you arent sure can handle a constant 1000hz
hard mouse pad

I realize this is the settings that the mods suggested, to an extent, and I was just complaining about it, but its the only way to at least utilize your Apex for its response time and improved hardware. I cannot stress enough how important the high DPI was for me.

These settings may not feel that uncomfortable if you are not widow. The sens is not crazy high, and if you are used to playing around this sens, then you wont notice huge changes... If these settings are close to yours, just try increasing your sens by around 130%

do not try and emulate PS4 controller movements, like the mods and even myself have suggested in the past. Turn your AA up, your window up, and just try and get used to the movements. You can break the aim assist bubble if you make annoying last second micro movement adjustments. Just try and make it feel natural like this was PC, because you will overthink everything if you don't. Its still going to feel pretty bad. McCree is going to feel awful, because he requires precision aiming, and you cant achieve that in OW with your Apex currently. You can literally drag your crosshair over your opponent's face, and the cursor will find a way to make your shot veer off right before you left click

Now widow, on the other hand, is a different story. If you are able to get used to the 100% relative aim scope, you will find yourself breaking AA bubbles easier than you would on characters like mcree. I think this is because the shrunken FOV on widows scope makes the mouse movement quicker and jerkier.

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A PERFECT FIX, but it allows players, like my wife, who are casual xim users, to actually be able to play again. As of now there is no way to stop the wonky aiming mechanics, where your crosshair seemingly grows a mind of its own, but this will allow you to play faster and make up for those mistakes.

LET ME ALSO MAKE CLEAR THAT I FOUND THESE SETTINGS ON THIS FORUM I will find the Xim forum user's name, he is a master widow main like me. I gave his settings a shot (I think he only uses 30 aaw) and I tried it with my 70 AAW, and it feels usable, at the very least, which is a lot better than what most of us have.

If you are this user who posted this 1-2 weeks ago, please take credit, because I was able make these settings based off what I read about your settings!!

also i think the person who pioneered these settings uses smoothing, and as per the mod's advice, I have removed smoothing from my profile (i have suffered a slight dip in critical accuracy since doing so though, but I dont have enough data to derive a conclusion)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
McCree is going to feel awful, because he requires precision aiming, and you cant achieve that in OW with your Apex currently.

weird, i played last season just for fun on a mccree only smurf and was basically top100 worldwide in accuracy and critical hit percentage with a xim apex and around 100+ mccree games...

basically? Or actually top 100 world wide.  I get usually 50-60% accuracy with mcree. I get about 43-48% accuracy on my PC, so yes I do notice the AAW... but I will honestly miss a mercy standing still in OW while she rezzes and im mcree, vs PC where I will just punish her 10x out of 10

mccree feels very odd for me on the xim, which is weird seeing that I am a widowmaker/high skill cap player main.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile

And Im sure we would all love to see these statistics as well. Quick play doesn't count. We want to see stats of someone 3000 SR or higher performing on a competitive level, like we are doing.

Also, last season, are you talking about before or after you guys updated your systems with the new Sync features? Thats what killed all of us. Vanilla Apex wasn't that terrible.  It got ugly fast though

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
My settings are very similar to this.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
Matthew you’re the one I emulated these settings over.  Great find all credit belongs to u.  Feels good.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile

And please ignore our mods who are here to criticize and not help

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile

You become more and more toxic with every post. I try to avoid anything related to Overwatch right now because you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I understand you're passionate about this game and it's the only one you play but you seriously need to learn people skills and patience. I think I've seen maybe 5 people in total bringing up the Overwatch issue, but you're single handedly flooding the forums with posts of Overwatch to the point that even the Fortnite posts don't seem as cancerous. Learn to relax and stop bashing people who don't agree with you. The mods and OBSiV have discussed this game with you, yet you still throw your tantrums. That's probably why it feels like you're being ignored. Maybe you are at this point. Other members who are saying the same things you are about Overwatch, although in a much more respectful way, get replies from Mist and Ob almost immediately. Maybe you should try their approach, especially because it sounds like you know a thing or two about the game. The way you're currently acting here is probably hurting the other members as well which is a shame. End rant.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile

You become more and more toxic with every post. I try to avoid anything related to Overwatch right now because you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I understand you're passionate about this game and it's the only one you play but you seriously need to learn people skills and patience. I think I've seen maybe 5 people in total bringing up the Overwatch issue, but you're single handedly flooding the forums with posts of Overwatch to the point that even the Fortnite posts don't seem as cancerous. Learn to relax and stop bashing people who don't agree with you. The mods and OBSiV have discussed this game with you, yet you still throw your tantrums. That's probably why it feels like you're being ignored. Maybe you are at this point. Other members who are saying the same things you are about Overwatch, although in a much more respectful way, get replies from Mist and Ob almost immediately. Maybe you should try their approach, especially because it sounds like you know a thing or two about the game. The way you're currently acting here is probably hurting the other members as well which is a shame. End rant.

i responded with a rant too, but im deleting it.  This thread in particular is meant to help people looking for settings.  i apologize for my jab at the mods. Lets keep this thread clean so people can actually discuss settings.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
This thread in particular is meant to help people looking for settings.  i apologize for my jab at the mods. Lets keep this thread clean so people can actually discuss settings.

I know you're trying to figure out a solution for Overwatch. That's why I said it was a shame the way you were going about it. There are other players who would benefit as well if you find a solution. Anyways, you and OBSiV pretty much came to a conclusion concerning this matter. I'd like to apologize as well to you. I know it's not an excuse, but I just got fed up with the same posts over and over again.

But you're right, let's keep it clean. Hopefully the new generic ST's help out everyone that don't like using the ST.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
nah you dont need to apologize. I honestly need to apologize, which i will sincerely when they drop the new CCC.

I get where they are coming from too. Like I just played 10 hours of OW the last 2 days, and I feel like a freaking god. I know I can use my Apex, its just, I know there are things that are wrong, that were non issues with CCC. I can't play my Master account because I know I will be Xim4'd. And its truly not an excuse, you can message the people and they are usually kind/honest and will say they are using linear/expo. 9/10 times its linear

I am very happy, a hog in heaven, to hear that that they are actually addressing it. I might feel comfortable enough to go back to streaming and making youtube videos again.

This game is very important to me. its -my- game, you know? Kinda like when Destiny 1 dropped. So if I feel like I can't play something I truly enjoy, and its because of something out of my hands, its very upsetting. I know all of the people that messaged me all of the time were pissed too, and i think the KUS_Swat thing pushed me over the edge.

he made a comment that literally said, "well yeah, i dont use common, I just tell others to."  and, I was kind of like, "Wow, @#$% off."  On that same video, I saw XimGameplay give him a big thumbs up, and its like... I'm genuinely trying to help people.

I would rather every xim user that has better kb/m skills outperform me in overwatch, or in any game. I dont want a competitive advantage because of something like knowledge on how to use a device. IMO we are all cheating too much as it is, and I know people dont like to hear that...  We should be a community of Ximmers and not cannabilize ourselves

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
he made a comment that literally said, "well yeah, i dont use common, I just tell others to."  and, I was kind of like, "Wow, @#$% off."  On that same video, I saw XimGameplay give him a big thumbs up, and its like... I'm genuinely trying to help people.

yes that sounds like a bad context, i was only refering to the video and wasnt aware of the statement
i appologize for the confusion :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline oLAcidEyz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ol acid eyz
So what have been your thoughts on the generic alpha ST
Im on xbox
I started at 15 the max turn is 100
10 sens
No smoothing and 12000 dpi 1000hz
Feels ok...micro movements are a little weird
Micro movements with diagonal line i think are better than with a parallel