XIM Community

Wooting one crashes on analog [PS4]  (Read 490 times)

Offline ApexWooting

• View Profile
Wooting one crashes on analog [PS4]
« on: 05:49 PM - 07/11/18 »
Hi all, i have received my xim apex today and tried hooking my wooting one to it on PS4.  As far as I know, I've done all the preperations and the ps4 does detect the keyboard.

Ive also set the profile to directmode in analog 1 as suggested by another user here. I know it should be possible to play analog but everytime I connect the apex, the keyboard starts up in digital mode and when I press mode to switch to analog 1, the Apex blinks yellow red, gives the 'draws too much power' error and shuts everything down. Any ideas how to get it working?

Edit: I also noticed i cant seperatly adjust hip and ADS for r6 siege anymore. I used to be able to do it with the xim4. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading

« Last Edit: 06:05 PM - 07/11/18 by ApexWooting »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Wooting one crashes on analog [PS4]
« Reply #1 on: 07:50 PM - 07/11/18 »
hey,

can you try it without your mouse attached to the xim and the controller being fully charged for a few hours? (directly connected to the console)
that way the power consumption will be significantly lower, if possible deactivate the keyboard backlight too if possible
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline ApexWooting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:33 AM - 07/12/18 »
hey,

can you try it without your mouse attached to the xim and the controller being fully charged for a few hours? (directly connected to the console)
that way the power consumption will be significantly lower, if possible deactivate the keyboard backlight too if possible

Hey man, thanks for responding.

Tried without mouse, didnt work. The controller is fully charged, tried it with another controller as well.

Also the keyboard is in 'rainbow mode' when it starts up on digital which illuminates everything. The problem only occurs when I switch to analog. The keyboard shuts itself down for 1 sec before it switches and thats where it goes wrong. Dont think its the lights since the rainbow mode is alot brighter and uses more lights then my analog setup. I will make a vid later.

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
« Reply #3 on: 09:13 AM - 07/12/18 »
Hi all, i have received my xim apex today and tried hooking my wooting one to it on PS4.  As far as I know, I've done all the preperations and the ps4 does detect the keyboard.

Ive also set the profile to directmode in analog 1 as suggested by another user here. I know it should be possible to play analog but everytime I connect the apex, the keyboard starts up in digital mode and when I press mode to switch to analog 1, the Apex blinks yellow red, gives the 'draws too much power' error and shuts everything down. Any ideas how to get it working?

Edit: I also noticed i cant seperatly adjust hip and ADS for r6 siege anymore. I used to be able to do it with the xim4. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading

Just to double check your on latest xim apex firmware 20180501 your using direct input as you said, enable digital keys set to on and saved to keyboard in the wootility controller fully charged?

Mode select to analogue before loading xim apex game manager.

Otherwise you prolly had the same issue as me early on i rectified this using the wooting trouble guide.

https://wooting.helpscoutdocs.com/article/16-restore-the-wooting-one

Hope this helps.

Offline ApexWooting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 AM - 07/12/18 »

Thanks for reading

Just to double check your on latest xim apex firmware 20180501 your using direct input as you said, enable digital keys set to on and saved to keyboard in the wootility controller fully charged?

Mode select to analogue before loading xim apex game manager.

Otherwise you prolly had the same issue as me early on i rectified this using the wooting trouble guide.

https://wooting.helpscoutdocs.com/article/16-restore-the-wooting-one

Hope this helps.

Thanks for responding here.

- I just checked and my firmware is indeed 20180105 provided by flash tool.
- Digital keys I tried both on and off. I've enabled it now I know thats what it should be on.
- controller is charged and Im using same cable that worked with the xim4.
- I always press the 'save to keyboard' button in wootility after a change even thougj the button doesnt give any feedback.
- Tried resetting keyboard several times, I even did it at my friends house last night to make sure its not my pc messing stuff up.

How can I make the keyboard to load up on analog instead of digital to load it before I get into the apex manager? Right now, even if I immediatly press mode switch when connecting to usb it gives the same problem.

Edit:
- My Wootility firmware is 1.17
- Wooting one settings: disable xinput is off

« Last Edit: 10:01 AM - 07/12/18 by ApexWooting »

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:12 AM - 07/12/18 »
That looks like an old firmware i'm on wootility 2.3.4 you shouldn't have to set xinput to off i just set it to DI i would update to 2.3.4 then if all fails again use the link above reset/restore as it adds better support.

If that all fails it could possibly be your controller to apex cable causing issues.

Edit re firmware my wootility is showing 2.3.4.
« Last Edit: 10:21 AM - 07/12/18 by sncjez »

Offline ApexWooting

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:46 AM - 07/12/18 »
That looks like an old firmware i'm on wootility 2.3.4 you shouldn't have to set xinput to off i just set it to DI i would update to 2.3.4 then if all fails again use the link above reset/restore as it adds better support.

If that all fails it could possibly be your controller to apex cable causing issues.

Edit re firmware my wootility is showing 2.3.4.

My wootility software is version 2.3.4, but when I press the small cog icon on the bottom left it says its running 1.17.

Can u check if it shows u the same?

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/iuUZwo

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:44 AM - 07/12/18 »
Yup 1.17 i can only think possible cable issue i'm using an old sony ericsson phone usb cable can't think of any thing else to help.

Here is pic of my set up in wootility

Offline ApexWooting

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:15 AM - 07/13/18 »
@#$% man, I realised I never put in the WSAD under directinput xx and yy. Current update:

I got 1 analog profile to *not turn off' by turning everything off, everything seems to work but still no analog controlls.

@sncjez: What is your actuation points?

Any more ideas or hidden settings I might have overlooked?
« Last Edit: 02:23 AM - 07/13/18 by ApexWooting »

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:05 AM - 07/13/18 »
@#$% man, I realised I never put in the WSAD under directinput xx and yy. Current update:

I got 1 analog profile to *not turn off' by turning everything off, everything seems to work but still no analog controlls.

@sncjez: What is your actuation points?

Any more ideas or hidden settings I might have overlooked?

I use aggressive curve with actuation set to 2.5.

Is it working for you now?