XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim Apex return  (Read 121 times)

Offline Drol

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drol
[Q/A] Xim Apex return
« on: 12:16 PM - 07/11/18 »
I ordered a xim apex on amazon and I didn't like it that much. What is the process I can go through to be able to refund the Xim?
« Last Edit: 12:37 PM - 07/11/18 by mist4fun »

Offline Newtothis

• View Profile
Re: Xim Apex return
« Reply #1 on: 12:30 PM - 07/11/18 »
I'd assume you'd contact Amazon or the 3rd party on Amazon you bought it from and say its unwanted and return it for a refund.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex return
« Reply #2 on: 12:33 PM - 07/11/18 »
Welcome to the community. That's correct, XIM Tech doesn't sell on amazon so I recommend contacting them.

Are you experiencing issues that you could use help with?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Drol

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drol
Re: [Q/A] Xim Apex return
« Reply #3 on: 12:52 PM - 07/11/18 »
I bought it on amazon using this link: https://goo.gl/EjBUio . I was using it on Fortnite and i could assign keys to most things like building stairs, floors, etc.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:26 PM - 07/11/18 »
Do you mean that you couldn't assign specific things to keys? If so XIM is limited to what a controller can do and unfortunately controllers cannot assign specific things like this to buttons.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:49 PM - 07/11/18 »
Jump in.

Now you actually can use the building method from PC, meaning keys for wall, floor, stair, roof and also have the direct slot selection.

Connect your keyboard directly to the console,
Connect mouse and console controller to the XIM Apex Hub,
XIM Apex Hub to XIM Apex,
XIM Apex to Console
Turn on the Console.

In game set the keybinds for your keyboard, on which keys you want wall, floor, stair, roof. movement, reload etc.

Now you can mixup inputs, every time you move or use the keyboard, the PC controls take over while be able to aiming with the mouse, when  you move the mouse, shoot or use any mouse button, the input "thinks" is a controller and you can us both at the same time.

But honestly is overcomplicated things. I play Fortnite mostly on PC I did wrote a script that allows to have keys for walls, etc. but I'm sure Builder Pro (build keys for console) are better than PC's just you have to adopted.

Very objective example:

e.g.
1 by 1 and stair:

PC build mode
[press wall] - [press LMB] - Turn 360 and - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press Stair key] - [press LMB to place it] - [press slot key to exit]

Builder Pro
[press build] - [press & hold LMB] - Turn 360  -  [press ADS] - [press build to exit]

Up to you.

I mean for other fellas like me, having a XIM APEX is a privilege (we pay +60% of its price due tax and custom duties), hurts to see it wasted.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL