XIM Community

I hate my Xim Apex for Overwatch, and I don't like the moderators anymore.  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
And to the person who said go back to my xim4?

That kind of defeats the whole purpose of my $100 purchase, does it not?????????????????? Thats the whole point of my anger. 

And to the mods upset about feedback, I have literally put in $300 into your company, under the premise that you would continue to provider software support continually for the games I played.

LET ME REMIND YOU, I had to wait weeks for you guys to make a FORTNITE translator, because you guys were so sure that was not going to catch on, and that we could just use Destiny's translator for now, and "watch it wont even leave beta phase"

you guys are a company, and someone is going to do what you guys are doing soon, and do it better. listen to your customers, because if there was a real alternative, I guarantee your OW customers are jumping ship first second they can.
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
and if i owe anyone an apology to, its mist, because hes the only one whos helped me ever. hes very knowledgable on the product, i will give him that, but I have spent 10000000000000s of hours on this forum and i have learned very little.

Well, I did learn that you guys just dont gaf about this game
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
LET ME REMIND YOU, I had to wait weeks for you guys to make a FORTNITE translator, because you guys were so sure that was not going to catch on, and that we could just use Destiny's translator for now, and "watch it wont even leave beta phase"

Fortnite is one of the first games on console to exist in a pseudo-permanent state of beta. And the pace of change in this game is also very different to anything else in the console arena. It’s unique. How could the XIM team have anticipated this, even putting aside the fact that no one expected this game to blow up the way it has? Is there a precedent? On console, I think you’ll find the answer is NO. In this situation you are blaming them for what I consider a very rational decision they made at the time. No one in their right mind would have prioritied Fortnite over a new release traditional game with big front loaded sales. Please don’t tell me you predicted how it was going to blow up, because I wouldn’t believe you.
« Last Edit: 01:45 AM - 07/11/18 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile

Well, I did learn that you guys just dont gaf about this game

Overwatch is one of the biggest games in the industry for which many people state as their primary reason for buying a XIM. You honestly think they don’t care about it? Seriously?

Rainbow Six is my go to game and it has a rubbish look mechanic. But I blame Ubi - the XIM guys have done the best that they can and regularly revisit the ST training. If this isn’t good support I don’t know what is. Name a competing device that is willing to revisit the same game 4-5 times like they did with Siege or Halo? You can’t. You. Can. Not.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, let's just boil this back to the core issue - is it possible to offer generic profiles like the Xim4 CCC?

That's really all this is about. I vaguely recall some prior discussion but nothing came of it.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
I'll admit, I'd love a Linear ramp ST for Overwatch, but this was absolutely the wrong way to go about trying to get one. I've seen OBsIV and mist over the years help many people with their issues and they definitely don't deserve to be hated on. And in regards to performance with the XIM, it's incredibly well known right now that there are issues with the game itself that is causing erratic aim. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Apex or XIM 4.

Now, as for the ST specifically for Linear ramp, you could add a note under Overwatch in the game settings page here on the site. You are told there to use Expo ramp. But I imagine adding a second UI popup in Manager for picking between the ramps could be problematic. Or you could have two different smart translator profiles in the games list. Kinda like how there are two for Halo 5.
« Last Edit: 02:09 AM - 07/11/18 by BlueAid »
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, let's just boil this back to the core issue - is it possible to offer generic profiles like the Xim4 CCC?

That's really all this is about. I vaguely recall some prior discussion but nothing came of it.

A bit of a tangent, but I've always wished there was a way to create a generic one with custom art, for games that aren't supported by XIM.

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
The only request is to put the ballistics editor in the console controller crossover. If you ask developers if it can be done we will love you again moderators
Thanks in advance

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Wow, just came back from holidays and w11ce urged me to check this out

most has already been said, but in terms of Overwatch i have to say exponential ramp works the best
the settings i showed in the Overwatch tutorial are tweaked by me and top10 ranked people, i still get messages via youtube or the xim forum from top500 players who tell me how those settings boosted their experience
and yes ive spent hours with eg the ranked 1 world widow at that time testing out cross controller and linear ramp, its just not as good as exponential ramp

But every person is different, if you like linear ramp more then ask mist kindly to give it a try again
(your opening post is the exact opposite tbh)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline A62341223456678312

• A ghost emits the combat...
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie, Common sync sucks for Overwatch
If you cant be good even with a MnK crutch, including a AA crutch. Maybe gaming aint for you my dude.

Just git gud

but you gotta chill homie
« Last Edit: 05:17 AM - 07/11/18 by A62341223456678312 »
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
to everyone who says im going about it the wrong way, i really dont care.  everyone has been asking since linear ramp for just one ST, and we are repeatedly denied.  what kills me most is they support someone who tells others that he lies about his settings so people dont get as good as him... So our xim mods give us faulty resources for overwatch help!!!

dont bring us a new device, take away the solution that we created, and then deny every request for help we make. at this point, if this post gets enough attention to the point where you guys actually give us what we have been asking for for almost a year now, then thats all i care about. not your opinion of me.

but if i could delete the post, i would, simply because i dont want this much drama. That and mist is a good person who has helped me in the past with technical issues. but im just fed up with asking over and over. Im fed up of searching google and youtube for answers, when in reality there is no answer. You guys seemingly do not care about overwatch players. Its not just me, its a good portion of the community

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I have watched you defend NOT giving us CCC for so long. you know we want it. you keep saying it doesnt support micro movements, yet every single high tier OW player who was willing to share their settings (perfect example, humanfemale), used Linear, and we were all SNIPERS.  YOU GUYS ADMIT THAT YOU DONT EVEN PLAY THE GAME, WHY WOULD THE BEST XIM PLAYERS IN THE GAME BE WRONG AND YOU BE RIGHT.  I understand your point about making two profiles, but if you have 1000000000 people shitting on Xim Apex and a few people supporting it, then yes, there is an issue that requires addressing. I dont think anyone here other than you guys maybe in your own head believes that you aren't keeping CCC away from us because of your pride.  I have lurked on the forums forever, and bringing linear ramp up to you guys always pissed you off. Like you guys barely gave it a shot, despite 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the community finding success with it

The most important thing is, I really dont care if I get banned at this point. To find any real xim info on overwatch, i need to search youtube comments, livestreams, anywhere but these toxic forums. Its not like I'm going to suggest anything to you guys and you guys would actually listen. You made that abundantly clear by ignoring all of us OW player's struggles

Toxic forums? What planet are you on? I don't play Overwatch, but my daughter does and she is a top-500 player (using Exponential, by the way). I don't play CoD or BF either -- does that make me unqualified to build XIM?

You have no idea of numbers we deal with. XIM is successful because we take feature requests seriously and also are careful about adding confusing things that are of ambiguous benefit.

You never answered my question -- if we spend our time, money, and resources to create a Linear Overwatch, and you find that you continue to struggle in Overwatch, what will be your next move?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I want you to also notice that someone brought up Halo 5 as an example of a source of confusion. Why? Because we have 2 different config options for it.

So, I want to know if we do add something new here, how can it be added without confusing everyone else.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
Why doesnít this guy or girl just grab his favorite drink, sit back, take a big breath, and do trial and error on his own instead of whining  about not finding someone elseís magic setup or expecting the devs to come up with some snake juice magic elixir that will magically make him play better? I mean, like most everyone else with a xim.

Ya know what they say, if you tried and didnít get results, it means you didnít try right.
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
Toxic forums? What planet are you on? I don't play Overwatch, but my daughter does and she is a top-500 player (using Exponential, by the way). I don't play CoD or BF either -- does that make me unqualified to build XIM?

You have no idea of numbers we deal with. XIM is successful because we take feature requests seriously and also are careful about adding confusing things that are of ambiguous benefit.

You never answered my question -- if we spend our time, money, and resources to create a Linear Overwatch, and you find that you continue to struggle in Overwatch, what will be your next move?

All that would have to be done is add an explanation for Linear ramp ST to the in game settings page that is prompted when you download a config. That would clear up any confusion. Warn the user that Expo is preferred but Linear is an option