XIM Community

I hate my Xim Apex for Overwatch, and I don't like the moderators anymore.  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking.

Thanks for taking my money, Od1n, mist, etc, and not delivering.  We had the xim4, and you barely did a good job with that... It got to the point where we figured out ON OUR OWN, that using Console Controller Crossover and linear ramp was more consistent..

Rather than improve on what we found, you dismissed it, and refused to work around linear ramp. You completely removed the option from us to use linear ramp with our Apex as well...

You telll us OVER AND OVER again about how this is an upgrade, or in my post, you criticized my settings somewhat... yet on the same token you tell us that YOU DONT EVEN PLAY OVERWATCH.

You suggest common sync, and say that 16:1 people are using common sync, when i guarantee all 16 people are complaining. The only way I could get common to work was by literally doing all of the things you suggested were bad ideas - Ramping up my smoothing to 20 for example...

Just stop supporting overwatch. Your solutions are literally not helpful. The settings you suggest are not consistent with what we are supposedly seeing when you post other people's highlight videos.

Also, listen here, you keep promoting KUS_Swat's videos.... The settings he provided us ARENT EVEN HIS REAL SETTIGNS. if you watch his livestream, or read his comments, you will read that he is purposely misleading people on his settings. He doesnt use Sync, he doesnt use the AAW he states he uses, he doesn't use the sensitivity he says he uses...  Yet every @#$% video he makes "XimGameplay" is there to comment and stroke his dick. Its literally morally irresponsible for you two to try and work together like that if he's not giving us his true settings.

Give us our @#$% linear ramp settings back, you pricks. You have dealt with me before, I am an EXTREMELY nice guy. You obviously don't care about the overwatch community. We are an oversight to you. You guys ignore our pleas to fix the smart translator..........

IT SHOULDNT BE WHERE THE XIM4 OUTPERFORMS THE APEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
honestly what happened to users like Humanfemale.  We didnt thank them enough for their hard work.

I have talked to plenty of top 500 (i'm just outside GM now btw, and have been doing better since using expo ramp on Xim4, same settings) [and yes i tried switching my settings to default 125 hz, still feels way different]... and they all say the same thing,

"No one is ever going to give their real settings away"

has anyone here actually said, "Hey I'm actually top 500, heres my PSN/Gamertag to prove it __________" These are my settings!!

I have seen that ONCE OR TWICE since the Apex came out, and both times you could tell the people were bullshitting, because they start mentioning their boost settings, or other xim4 @#$%.

It shouldnt be where im a widow main with over 1500 hours on widow, and I can move my crosshair right over someones face, and then have it either not hit, or get a mind of its own and move. Literally the aim assist is repelling my shots, no matter what setting I try.

And even when I was hitting my 30% crit accuracy from my post a few weeks ago, it still didnt feel right.

Xim on OW is nothing compared to Xim on other games like FN, and honestly, it has less to do with the turn speed then the community community thinks.

Its more about the fact that - YOU DONT PLAY OVERWATCH, SO YOU DONT CARE
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/NotViable
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/IDidItMom

if you want proof that im not some platinum scrub. These are just two of my smurf accounts that decayed last season.

Im literally too afraid to play comp with my Xim Apex because of the situation.

Give me back my linear ramp, if you dont plan on fixing this.

Offline neepz

• View Profile
You call people pricks and say your an extremely nice guy in the same sentence? Genius

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
Xim was so good with the curve in the ccc, give me back the access to the linear ramp please, I upgraded for even better performance not worse

Edit : Very nice post and summary Saltywatch

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
Itís so simple, if you donít like the apex with overwatch just go back to the xim4 like i did, no need to open a full thread of offensive words like a 12 years old kid :)

Online Kik

• View Profile
Thanks Saltywatch for this post ! Agree and hope mods will finally wake up and stop avoiding the question! We all know the ccc with the right setup was completely broken compare to what apex is offering !

Mods! Itís time to trust your Community and make an effort regarding what they are asking!

Online Kik

• View Profile
Are you serious Noxak?????
Itís an upgrade and you want me to go back to the old one????

If people are wondering if they should buy xim apex for overwatch they will know not to do it !!! (At least for now)

We paid for this man donít forget about it!

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
It does look like lately there are a bunch of problems with the Smart Translators. Just look at Fortnite , Overwatch , PUBG , R6 , H1Z1.
This usually gets blamed on the games poor look mechanic and case dismissed.  :'(

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
It does look like lately there are a bunch of problems with the Smart Translators. Just look at Fortnite , Overwatch , PUBG , R6 , H1Z1.
This usually gets blamed on the games poor look mechanic and case dismissed.  :'(
Fortnite is good with the Apex though..

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

I don't think this is accurate. There are reports sure but they aren't dismissed. Game support is checked if enough people report an issue and more often then not there are no changes to the look mechanic. There are other causes that could affect performance like weapon handling changes, aim assist changes, network performance, game performance, as well as who you're playing against and how well you're doing that day.

- Fortnite has a lopsided deadzone and different directional speeds. Obsiv has said he's looking into supporting this.
- Overwatch was checked last week and there are no changes to the look mechanic. Exponential Ramp is used due to the superior micro movement compared to Linear Ramp. The ST allows for linear movement using Exponential Ramp.
- PUBG does not have a bad look mechanic, it's poorly optimized and does not allow for a full training session due to time restrictions. We can only do so much in this case but I wouldn't expect a full training session to feel different due to the game's simple look mechanic.
- R6 has the same issue as fortnite but with more varied game performance that seems to change day to day. This doesn't affect the look mechanic but could affect how well you aim or perform.
- H1Z1 is not currently supported but will be coming in the next update.

About Overwatch, I can look into supporting Linear Ramp but I'll need to talk with Obsiv.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Give us our @#$% linear ramp settings back, you pricks.

It's been rare that I've come this close to banning someone but you've just about pushed me over the limit with this post. You will not disrespect anyone in this community like that and I highly suggest giving the moderators on this forum a sincere apology immediately otherwise I will hit that ban button. Some friendly advice as well -- you will get nowhere in life being a person capable of authoring posts like this. I suggest you change for your own sake.

When you build a product you need to prioritize feature requests and learn how to filter out those that people will believe will help them when it, in fact, looks doubtful. Especially when a request may make things more confusing for other users. This is the perfect example of this. We have a lot of users that game on Overwatch. We provide them with the best translator that exists for this game. We know it's the best because it's built using the same system that is used to build all the CoD and BF translators, for example. Yes there are games out there with poor aiming systems. For those, you should direct your energy at the developers of those games and ask them to fix it. The current Overwatch translator uses Exponential for good reason -- because it produces the best range of motion and best microaim. Linear does not.

Let's say we do add a specific translator for Overwatch Linear. Then, when a new user goes to create a Config, they see "Overwatch (Exponential)" and "Overwatch (Linear)". How do we explain to them which to use? Should the answer be: "Use exponential, but, a few people in our community believe linear is better, so, maybe try that too". This is obviously a terrible product decision.

So, what do we do if we add a Linear translator and we find that you still aren't happy? Please answer this question -- if we add the translator, and you find that you still aren't playing well, what will your response be to us?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
Give us our @#$% linear ramp settings back, you pricks.

It's been rare that I've come this close to banning someone but you've just about pushed me over the limit with this post. You will not disrespect anyone in this community like that and I highly suggest giving the moderators on this forum a sincere apology immediately otherwise I will hit that ban button. Some friendly advice as well -- you will get nowhere in life being a person capable of authoring posts like this. I suggest you change for your own sake.

When you build a product you need to prioritize feature requests and learn how to filter out those that people will believe will help them when it, in fact, looks doubtful. Especially when a request may make things more confusing for other users. This is the perfect example of this. We have a lot of users that game on Overwatch. We provide them with the best translator that exists for this game. We know it's the best because it's built using the same system that is used to build all the CoD and BF translators, for example. Yes there are games out there with poor aiming systems. For those, you should direct your energy at the developers of those games and ask them to fix it. The current Overwatch translator uses Exponential for good reason -- because it produces the best range of motion and best microaim. Linear does not.

Let's say we do add a specific translator for Overwatch Linear. Then, when a new user goes to create a Config, they see "Overwatch (Exponential)" and "Overwatch (Linear)". How do we explain to them which to use? Should the answer be: "Use exponential, but, a few people in our community believe linear is better, so, maybe try that too". This is obviously a terrible product decision.

So, what do we do if we add a Linear translator and we find that you still aren't happy? Please answer this question -- if we add the translator, and you find that you still aren't playing well, what will your response be to us?

I think a good solution would be to add back the full customization to ccc profile on the apex manager that way people who like linear can use it with the apex. I agree that linear is better than expo, but I think OP is not going about it the correct way.

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile

I don't think this is accurate. There are reports sure but they aren't dismissed. Game support is checked if enough people report an issue and more often then not there are no changes to the look mechanic. There are other causes that could affect performance like weapon handling changes, aim assist changes, network performance, game performance, as well as who you're playing against and how well you're doing that day.

- Fortnite has a lopsided deadzone and different directional speeds. Obsiv has said he's looking into supporting this.
- Overwatch was checked last week and there are no changes to the look mechanic. Exponential Ramp is used due to the superior micro movement compared to Linear Ramp. The ST allows for linear movement using Exponential Ramp.
- PUBG does not have a bad look mechanic, it's poorly optimized and does not allow for a full training session due to time restrictions. We can only do so much in this case but I wouldn't expect a full training session to feel different due to the game's simple look mechanic.
- R6 has the same issue as fortnite but with more varied game performance that seems to change day to day. This doesn't affect the look mechanic but could affect how well you aim or perform.
- H1Z1 is not currently supported but will be coming in the next update.

About Overwatch, I can look into supporting Linear Ramp but I'll need to talk with Obsiv.

I didn't mean that you don't look at the reports at all. More like they are being looked at and afterwards dismissed because of a certain reason unlike fortnite which could have been given up on already i feel like.
You guys have definitely gone past whats expected on the Fortnite ST to best support it because that game does actually have issues with native controller aswell.
I think that's what a lot of this rage with OP comes from that his game is not getting the same perfection.
Not saying it's right how he's talking because obviously it's not.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
reply in general 

>yes im pissed.  and maybe too mad, but like another comment said, its obvious you guys dont care to perfect overwatch. this game is the ONLY game I enjoy. I'm sorry you dont like it, but a lot of us do, and you've really lost a lot of your customer's trust by not listening to our feedback

>about the prick comment

I have watched you defend NOT giving us CCC for so long. you know we want it. you keep saying it doesnt support micro movements, yet every single high tier OW player who was willing to share their settings (perfect example, humanfemale), used Linear, and we were all SNIPERS.  YOU GUYS ADMIT THAT YOU DONT EVEN PLAY THE GAME, WHY WOULD THE BEST XIM PLAYERS IN THE GAME BE WRONG AND YOU BE RIGHT.  I understand your point about making two profiles, but if you have 1000000000 people shitting on Xim Apex and a few people supporting it, then yes, there is an issue that requires addressing. I dont think anyone here other than you guys maybe in your own head believes that you aren't keeping CCC away from us because of your pride.  I have lurked on the forums forever, and bringing linear ramp up to you guys always pissed you off. Like you guys barely gave it a shot, despite 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the community finding success with it

Why I still think you guys are bad people (i wont say prick out of respect)
You guys openly support and advertise KUS_Swat's channel, make it seem like hes the premier hitscan (if you type Xim gameplay, your channel appears, a lot of the stuff you put up their is KUS).... and you advertise him despite the fact that he OPENLY LIES about the settings that he has provided. I can provide proof of this. Yet every video he posts, XimGameplay is there to comment on his channel! =)   

The most important thing is, I really dont care if I get banned at this point. To find any real xim info on overwatch, i need to search youtube comments, livestreams, anywhere but these toxic forums. Its not like I'm going to suggest anything to you guys and you guys would actually listen. You made that abundantly clear by ignoring all of us OW player's struggles