XIM Community

Anyone else binds shift button to ADS?  (Read 198 times)

Offline Marvzdagreat

• View Profile
Anyone else binds shift button to ADS?
« on: 04:57 PM - 07/10/18 »
I know, conventionally, the majority of FPS gamer uses the right mouse button to aim-down sight, but as for me, I've gone used to using the SHIFT button to aim, gone accustomed to it way back when I was still playing counter-strike 1.6 on PC. I saw it on some article that it having the ADS control on the other hand(keyboard) while having the other with 100% control of the mouse to aim and shoot improves accuracy.

I just wonder if anyone else uses the shift button just like I do. I play a lot of FPS games, such as all the battlefield series. Currently I play Rainbow Six Siege with an apex.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else binds shift button to ADS?
« Reply #1 on: 07:36 AM - 07/11/18 »
I'm fairly similar. I use Caps Lock to ADS. Same principle but with Caps, your fingers are all in a row :)

Shift is my sprint.
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:16 PM - 07/11/18 »
My setup is a little different so it's not shift but it's positioned in the same spot shift would be if I was using WASD. I also use the keyboard to shoot. For @#$% and giggles I tried using Left and Right mouse buttons to aim and shoot after a dozen years of playing this way when I got Xim Apex and my aim and precision were pure garbage.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:55 PM - 07/11/18 »
I've always wished I could find a comfortable way/button to bind shoot to my keyboard.

It's just never worked for me.
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol