XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Mouse not working  (Read 73 times)

Offline Pdawg

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pdawg96
[ACTIVE] Mouse not working
« on: 02:59 PM - 07/09/18 »
Hello, just got it today, canít get it to work.

The problem, the keyboard registers fine.  The mouse buttons work fine.  The movement of the mouse does not register.

Trying this on destiny 2 with x7 mouse.  I have updated the firmware and set the mouse to max dpi.  Please help.  Thanks
« Last Edit: 03:28 PM - 07/09/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse not working
« Reply #1 on: 03:28 PM - 07/09/18 »
Welcome to the community. Are you using a XIM APEX or XIM4? I would start by swapping the mouse and keyboard cables on XIMs hub. It would also help to verify the mouse is working with a PC.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Pdawg

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Mouse not working
« Reply #2 on: 04:04 PM - 07/09/18 »
Sorry, I purchased the XIM apex and Iím on a PS4.  The keyboard and mouse work fine on a PC.

So after a lot of digging through the forums, it may be that I need a new mouse in addition to a NEW controller that will allow me to use my mic and headphone? I have the original ps4 with the original controller.

Am I to understand that I need to pay an additional $100 in order to make this work?

Thank you

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:14 PM - 07/09/18 »
Thanks for clarifying. We would need to troubleshoot the mouse to determine if it's not compatible, did the steps mentioned above help?

APEX supports chat using slim controllers, if you're using a non-slim controller then yes, you would need to upgrade to use chat with the controller. Alternatively you could use a USB only chat option.

The DS4 controller ignores our chat passthrough feature but you still have options!

You can use a USB Headset, a Stereo Headset and Y cable connected to a USB Sound Card, or Sony's Bluetooth Headset. Here are some suggestions that may work.

USB Sound Card with Y cable included.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-70SB162000001-Sound-Blaster/dp/B06XBZ38ZJ/?th=1

-

USB Headset

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+headset&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ausb+headset

-

Sony Gold Bluetooth Headset

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Black/dp/B00HVBPRUO/
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Pdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:31 PM - 07/09/18 »
From your options I could easily spend $150 more (headset and mouse) in order to make this work.  This was not in the description of the item at all.  Realistically, this only affects people with older PS4's and incompatible mouse, but still.  There should be a disclaimer on this item.

So very disappointing.  I will be returning this ASAP.