XIM Community

what is the difference b/w mouse/keyboard vs ximapex on ps4  (Read 215 times)

Offline agile_toaster

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Agile_toaster
i guess what im asking is.. why not just use mouse and keyboard on a ps4 for fortnite instead of xim apex for mouse and keyboard on fortnite.. i really don't know the answer to this so im asking bc i have a xim and interested in trying i just don't understand the benefits?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
With XIM APEX:
Pros:
  • Builder Pro scheme with mouse
  • Aim Assist
Cons:
  • Deadzone on Snipers and Scope weapons are flawed
  • No consistency on turns, due a current Fortnite flawed aim look mechanic for controller

Native:
Pros:
  • Consistency on turns, hence precison
  • Scope weapons and Snipers are working OK
  • Direct Slot Selection for weapons and items

Cons:
  • No Aim Assist
  • Weird acceleration at Inventory and Map

Before Native support had a terrible acceleration, it was corrected lately.

TL;TR: If you no need AA go native.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Tai1212

• View Profile
Well, with the native support you can bind keys just like on PC, insta edit, you don't need to open the build menu first to build, but and it's a big one - the mouse movement is absolutely terrible, it will @#$% you up a lot in close quarters gun-fights, not so much in medium to long range fights, and also you can compensate for the lack of ability to aim with the faster building. I saw someone today posted that you can actually use the Mouse with the XIM and the keyboard with the native support, so you can enjoy both worlds, but I haven't tested it yet

With XIM APEX:
Pros:
  • Builder Pro scheme with mouse
  • Aim Assist
Cons:
  • Deadzone on Snipers and Scope weapons are flawed
  • No consistency on turns, due a current Fortnite flawed aim look mechanic for controller

Native:
Pros:
  • Consistency on turns, hence precison
  • Scope weapons and Snipers are working OK
  • Direct Slot Selection for weapons and items

Cons:
  • No Aim Assist
  • Weird acceleration at Inventory and Map

Before Native support had a terrible acceleration, it was corrected lately.

TL;TR: If you no need AA go native.
How is builder pro an advantage? with native support, you don't need to open the build menu first, and you place each building piece with the left click which is much easier imo.
The mouse is still terrible, just like it has been like since the PS3 days with UT3. I'm pretty sure it's driver related and not game related at this point

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
How is builder pro an advantage? with native support, you don't need to open the build menu first, and you place each building piece with the left click which is much easier imo.
The mouse is still terrible, just like it has been like since the PS3 days with UT3. I'm pretty sure it's driver related and not game related at this point
Right now native support is more consistent than XIM due a flawed aim system on Fornite, its has been acknowledged and tested.

Builder Pro is an advantage regarding on efficiency, having build keys at the mouse. But end up in personal preference. I play on PC, I prefer PC building, I wrote some scripts to replicate that on consoles but I acknowledge Builder Pro has the edge.
e.g.
1 by 1 and stair:

PC build mode
[press wall] - [press LMB] - Turn 360 and - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press Stair key] - [press LMB to place it] - [press slot key to exit]

Builder Pro
[press build] - [press & hold LMB] - Turn 360  -  [press ADS] - [press build to exit]

See?
Is well know that Turbo Build gltiches on PC and most top players doesn't use because is more efficient pressing the buttons manually, even with Turbo Build you press one more key between different pieces. With Builder pro the Turbo Build glitch doesn't happen.

But again, is not like make you instant build faster than other... you will do better using the one you like.
« Last Edit: 03:40 PM - 07/08/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Tai1212

• View Profile
Right now native support is more consistent than XIM due a flawed aim system on Fornite, its has been acknowledged and tested.

Builder Pro is an advantage regarding on efficiency, having build keys at the mouse. But end up in personal preference. I play on PC, I prefer PC building, I wrote some scripts to replicate that on consoles but I acknowledge Builder Pro has the edge.
e.g.
1 by 1 and stair:

PC build mode
[press wall] - [press LMB] - Turn 360 and - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press LMB] - [press Stair key] - [press LMB to place it] - [press slot key to exit]

Builder Pro
[press build] - [press & hold LMB] - Turn 360  -  [press ADS] - [press build to exit]

See?
Is well know that Turbo Build gltiches on PC and most top players doesn't use because is more efficient pressing the buttons manually, even with Turbo Build you press one more key between different pieces. With Builder pro the Turbo Build glitch doesn't happen.

But again, is not like make you instant build faster than other... you will do better using the one you like.
I know that there are problems with XIM Apex on Fortnite currently, but it doesn't change the fac that the native mouse movement is god awful. It really was never improved, it's been like that since Sony added support for M+KB on the PS3

Oh, I see what you mean, but I still think having to open the build menu first is a big disadvantage, altho I'll admit it's easier to build the more complex ramp pushes (ie: stairs, stairs, floor, wall stairs) with Builder Pro + XIM

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Latest mouse and keyboard support for Fortnite was improved, it seems you haven't check out. Not trying to change your mind on that but... Consoles don't need drives like PC's for peripherals, that incorrect. PS4 is using a different API and hardware support for KB and Mouse than PS3. How well the native support works on an specific game is more how well the game developer has implemented this API. When Epic introduce this option to Fortnite BR was terrible, and incomplete (was no possible manage items at inventory) slowly but surely the have improve it. I was surprised when figured out that 360 turn test is closest to PC than ever.

I mean what profit I can have by saying this... nothing. Those are facts, you can tested yourself.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Tai1212

• View Profile
Latest mouse and keyboard support for Fortnite was improved, it seems you haven't check out. Not trying to change your mind on that but... Consoles don't need drives like PC's for peripherals, that incorrect. PS4 is using a different API and hardware support for KB and Mouse than PS3. How well the native support works on an specific game is more how well the game developer has implemented this API. When Epic introduce this option to Fortnite BR was terrible, and incomplete (was no possible manage items at inventory) slowly but surely the have improve it. I was surprised when figured out that 360 turn test is closest to PC than ever.

I mean what profit I can have by saying this... nothing. Those are facts, you can tested yourself.
Ok, I'll make it clearer - they did improve it few months ago when they added cursor and sens options, which made it not useless anymore. Another thing they did, but wasn't directly related to the mouse movement, is 60 fps on console which was a huge improvement to the mouse movement, but apart from that nothing else was done, and again I doubt it will ever improve unless sony decided to go full on with mouse and keyboard support. Hell, just go and check the UT3 threads about M+KB on PS3

What do you mean consoles don't need drivers? I'm not talking about drivers like Logitech for their gaming Mice, but just as a general term to describe the piece of code that takes the input from the mouse and does whatever it needs to do with it.

I've been using the M+KB support on Fortnite for a long time until 1-2 weeks ago, so trust me on what I sasy
« Last Edit: 03:12 AM - 07/09/18 by Tai1212 »