XIM Community

Fortnite (xim4 questions)  (Read 366 times)

Offline Alacricity

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alacricity
  • PSN ID: Uchiha_JuanMa87
Fortnite (xim4 questions)
« on: 01:42 AM - 07/07/18 »
Hey guys i wanted to ask a fellow fortnite player that uses xim4 a couple questions, i want to use the xim4 on fortnite but i am unsure how it works, for example on console, the square button is used to search chests, reload, and open doors, while on pc, reload is r, and open is e, will i be able to continue doing this or will i have to set both to the same key?. Same goes for the building (the more important part) my stairs, floors, and walls are binded to my mouse, as 3 keys named k, u, and o, but on console to build u have to press circle to enter build mode and then r2, l2, and l1, for building, r2 is also shoot and l2 is also aim, which means i would have to build with the same buttons i shoot and aim?, its my 1st time using xim4 before so i dont know if i can map everything exactly the same as a pc, id love some help on the subject :D

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite (xim4 questions)
« Reply #1 on: 09:03 AM - 07/07/18 »
Welcome to the community. Console games usually assign more than one action to each button so you may be pressing the same key for multiple actions. I believe it works the way you've described but I'll let another fortnite player answer your section question.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:56 PM - 07/07/18 »
Hi welcome!.

I play on PC and Console, understand you mean.
for example on console, the square button is used to search chests, reload, and open doors, while on pc, reload is r, and open is e, will i be able to continue doing this or will i have to set both to the same key?
At XIM manager, under the Actions section, where you map your buttons to assign keystrokes or mouse buttons to the buttons of the controller, at the bottom you will see: Primary tap the [>] to change to a Secondary set of mappings. There you can assign a different optional key for the same action.

e.g. On Primary assign R to Use/Reload. Then at Secondary assign E to Use/Reload (PS4 = Square/XB1 = X).

Now, you replicate the controllers like PC use E to open chest, R to reload but in reality both does the same thing.

Same thing with your building keys. First make sure you program keystrokes on those extra buttons in your mouse, then go to your Secondary set of actions and assign these buttons as you want, where:
Your Secondary Fire will be your Wall button,
Secondary Next Weapon = Floor button,
Secondary ADS = Stairs
Secondary Previous Weapon = Roof
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Alacricity

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alacricity
  • PSN ID: Uchiha_JuanMa87
« Reply #3 on: 01:48 AM - 07/08/18 »
Thanks so much for the response guys, i totally understand what u meant by having the e and r button doing the same thing and i can continue doing it like i do on pc, but im still confused about the building mechanics, on my mouse i have 3 keys on the side, mapped to any 3 keys on the keyboard (which i then match to the buildings on fortnite settings) but on ps4 the buildings are R2, L2, and R1, so even if i am using the primary and secondary key mappings, how will the game know which of the actions i am trying to perform? (Shooting or placing wall for example). Does this mean that i need to use an extra key to enter and leave build mode?o

Offline Dreakzs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xlowar
« Reply #4 on: 04:48 AM - 08/19/18 »
Hi welcome!.

I play on PC and Console, understand you mean.
for example on console, the square button is used to search chests, reload, and open doors, while on pc, reload is r, and open is e, will i be able to continue doing this or will i have to set both to the same key?
At XIM manager, under the Actions section, where you map your buttons to assign keystrokes or mouse buttons to the buttons of the controller, at the bottom you will see: Primary tap the [>] to change to a Secondary set of mappings. There you can assign a different optional key for the same action.

e.g. On Primary assign R to Use/Reload. Then at Secondary assign E to Use/Reload (PS4 = Square/XB1 = X).

Now, you replicate the controllers like PC use E to open chest, R to reload but in reality both does the same thing.

Same thing with your building keys. First make sure you program keystrokes on those extra buttons in your mouse, then go to your Secondary set of actions and assign these buttons as you want, where:
Your Secondary Fire will be your Wall button,
Secondary Next Weapon = Floor button,
Secondary ADS = Stairs
Secondary Previous Weapon = Roof
a
Hello i dont see the secondary > button to change example wall to mouse and stairs?