XIM Community

Logitech mouse users, is surface tuning important ?  (Read 752 times)

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
Did you guys notice any difference ?

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
Re: Logitech mouse users, is surface tuning important ?
« Reply #1 on: 04:13 AM - 07/07/18 »
Personally, I don't think it is!  I've tuned all of my surfaces and played with and without these enabled and in my opinion, the mouse actually works better with just the default surface selected. The added bonus being that you can swap out mouse pads at will without having to hook the mouse up to the PC in order to enable a specific surface (with a tuned surface enabled, the mouse doesn't work well on other surfaces)

Best thing is to give it a try and see what you think.

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:01 AM - 07/07/18 »
i agree with lmulli, ive used surface tuning on multiple pads and mice, and i went back to default instead of tuned. ive used a g502, g pro, g403. on both xim and pc use, default. ive had surface tuning make tracking worse, its harder to tell on xim, but on pc i definitely noticed. i usually test whatever mouse i get on both xim and pc.

but dont just take our word, i know people use it, id guess it depends on the pad more than the mouse. what you can believe is that nothing bad will come from sticking with default. even logitech doesnt have surface tuning on the g102/203 afaik, and theyre wonderful mice.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:34 PM - 07/07/18 »
On very dirty cloth pads, yes it helps but you will be better just washing it. On worn out pads helps to keep using but you will be better just replacing it.

Hard pads, hybrid pads or something that has a special texture is a must IMO.

Is a nice feature but I run default. Pixart sensors are astonishing accurate.
« Last Edit: 12:39 PM - 07/07/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:59 PM - 07/07/18 »
I think it does make a difference. It helps with granular movement being precise and tight where as on default it feels a bit like there's too much crosshair movement per hand movement.

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
« Reply #5 on: 03:27 AM - 07/09/18 »
It helped for me.