XIM Community

XIM Apex on the PC is freaking OP!  (Read 1720 times)

Offline skrelet

• View Profile
XIM Apex on the PC is freaking OP!
« on: 10:20 AM - 07/06/18 »
Lots of games nowadays for the pc have controller support, and lots of those games have aim assist.

Using something like xim apex/xim4 or any other mnk hardware (mainly for console) is all out OP!
I played around a bit in Destiny 2, battlefield 1, black ops 3 etc, and it is legit hacking lol. I guess you can't get banned since it emulating a controller, but can the creators of these games ban you anyway? I don't think so though.

I can see this be a big problem for future games and a hot topic nonetheless.

Have you guys tried it? And if so, what is your thoughts about this?(Question for mainly PC players - did you become a beast? ;) )

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Apex on the PC is freaking OP!
« Reply #1 on: 11:43 AM - 07/06/18 »
I have tried it and it's not close to being as good as native. But I use a low mouse sens that I have done for years so anything that interferes with that is sub optimal.

Not aimed at you but for people with too high a sens then they could handle it might be a good band aid. But I think it will always be better to find your optimal sensitivity.

Out of interest what's your cm/360?

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:14 PM - 07/06/18 »
and it is legit hacking lol.

Not even close.
I was WAAAYYY better when I was able to use a controller.
Xim gave me back the ability to play games again after having my thumb cut off and it is an awesome product, but I truly feel that it is a little less than the controller.

There are no aimbots, rapid fire or anything like that come on the Xim.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:19 PM - 07/06/18 »
I agree with Zen. I had been playing on PC 20 years, I'm low sens player (51/360cm) anything that mess my aim is not optimal.

I try XIM on PC, out of curiosity and think it might give you an advantage against regular/causal players if you play vs above average players or specially really good ones you are putting yourself on a disadvantage because you can't turn or flick as fast and precise as them. So yeah for easy targets long shots, sitting ducks bad players, AA might help you.

The thing is... (I not mean ethical or moral) the fun for me... is making that crazy, trick, shot by myself and feel that accomplishment is reason why I'm playing. I mean, is like playing some hoops and get a streak of nothing but net shoots, medium to 3 pointers, felts awesome... using XIM on PC will be adding a big funnel to the basket. Yes, you keep leading the shoot but you're not doing it, that's a lie. And I get it the fun for other people or some kids is getting that high kill streak no matter what, even if its a lie.

I don't think is OP, there is a trade-off; very please with the latest gen XIM is getting closer and closer to Native PC M&KB, but the turn limits always be there in some degree and for some games. If the game has wonky aim look mechanics XIM will be affected by, you will be better with native support.

One mistake I did, when I start to play with XIM (3 years ago) on console was... trying to make it work like on PC. Meaning go low sensitivity, no AA. For some games work for most don't. Then I understand, "how to ride XIM" meaning go higher sensitivity and use the AA as an aid, just like Zen said other wise you put yourself in a big disadvantage against controller users. Now every time I pickup a new game on console, I already know what XIM sensitivity use (based on the 360 turn = 40cm) but is more like tinkering to find the right Sync setting to find a AA that feels right.
« Last Edit: 01:39 PM - 07/06/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
« Reply #4 on: 02:36 PM - 07/06/18 »
I agree with Zen. I had been playing on PC 20 years, I'm low sens player (51/360cm) anything that mess my aim is not optimal.

I try XIM on PC, out of curiosity and think it might give you an advantage against regular/causal players if you play vs above average players or specially really good ones you are putting yourself on a disadvantage because you can't turn or flick as fast and precise as them. So yeah for easy targets long shots, sitting ducks bad players, AA might help you.

The thing is... (I not mean ethical or moral) the fun for me... is making that crazy, trick, shot by myself and feel that accomplishment is reason why I'm playing. I mean, is like playing some hoops and get a streak of nothing but net shoots, medium to 3 pointers, felts awesome... using XIM on PC will be adding a big funnel to the basket. Yes, you keep leading the shoot but you're not doing it, that's a lie. And I get it the fun for other people or some kids is getting that high kill streak no matter what, even if its a lie.

I don't think is OP, there is a trade-off; very please with the latest gen XIM is getting closer and closer to Native PC M&KB, but the turn limits always be there in some degree and for some games. If the game has wonky aim look mechanics XIM will be affected by, you will be better with native support.

One mistake I did, when I start to play with XIM (3 years ago) on console was... trying to make it work like on PC. Meaning go low sensitivity, no AA. For some games work for most don't. Then I understand, "how to ride XIM" meaning go higher sensitivity and use the AA as an aid, just like Zen said other wise you put yourself in a big disadvantage against controller users. Now every time I pickup a new game on console, I already know what XIM sensitivity use (based on the 360 turn = 40cm) but is more like tinkering to find the right Sync setting to find a AA that feels right.

So you mean high sensitivity is better for xim?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:25 PM - 07/06/18 »
So you mean high sensitivity is better for xim?
I will say higher than you use on PC.

e.g. My PC Sense is 52 cm/360 on XIM is 40 cm/360 to still involve arm moment (the memory muscle I had for years).

High sensitivity is anything below 26 cm, feels right too but is very wrist based.

I mean if you are  low sensitivity player (like me) and set your XIM sens on a 52 cm/360 with AA enabled, will give you a sensitivity that feels familiar... but you going to struggle with: fast flick turns and moving through the Aim Assist bubble is going to feel like a very strong magnetic pull.

Higher sensitivity helps to counter that feeling, be able to do faster flick turns and AA slowdown "catches you" to aim to the target, higher sense also makes easier to moving through the AA bubble.

I don't use curves due its acceleration, some curves helps to move easier through the AA bubble while using low sensitivity, that's RML take with his anti-aim assist curve.

So yeah is not like use half of your PC sensitivity, or go high sensitivity from the get go.

Comment a side I also believe that anyone can learn to play high sensitivity or low sensitivity, you are not limit to use only one yet we prefer consciously and subconsciously the one we feel more comfortable.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ferror error
« Reply #6 on: 01:26 PM - 07/07/18 »
I play with xim apex on pc ! I can say its not that OP
However apex can control your mouse behaviour excellent, recoil control etc
You can be a good player with it but not excellent because your playing against players with raw mouse input.
I am playing on 800dpi, 125hz polling with 25 hip and 25 ads both on common
And i can tell you aim assist is ridiculous.
Bf addict

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:26 PM - 07/07/18 »
Why someone uses XIM on PC games is beyond me. Would rather pay 20 bucks for a configurable aimbot.

Thankfully most modern games and upcoming 2019 games will take out aim assist from the multiplayer aspect. Overwatch already did it and it was confirmed that Black ops 4 PC wonīt have aim assist at all on multiplayer.

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:31 AM - 07/08/18 »
Apex on pc isnt OP compared to apex on console! If this is how you think about aim assist then you shouldnt use apex on console either
Bf addict

Offline Mazen al shami

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:23 AM - 07/09/18 »
Well ... i play bf1 on pc with xim apex and im addicted to this game ..... the aim assist is bearly noticble .... is there something i need to do in setting ??

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:13 PM - 07/09/18 »
Well ... i play bf1 on pc with xim apex and im addicted to this game ..... the aim assist is bearly noticble .... is there something i need to do in setting ??

I think is pretty balance on that game, the lock on used to be very strong. If you want more AA set your mouse between 1800 to 3000 dpi and increase your XIM sens to match your overall sensitivity.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Crushtaculer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Crushtaculer
« Reply #11 on: 05:57 PM - 07/09/18 »
I recently switched from playing fortnite on console to PC. Tried native mkb, ended up just using my xim apex, so that I can use my ps Nav controller for movement. Getting fortnites insanely strong Aim assist and 240fps is honestly OP.  Only disadvantage is build speed, so I'm never going to beat any top players in a fight.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:24 PM - 07/09/18 »
Now you can mix inputs. I havenīt tested on PC (I donīt have XBOX Controller) but yeah... on console you can use the keyboard for building and direct slot selection (KB plug directly to console) and XIM AA.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:22 AM - 07/10/18 »

i can give you the setting which give you strong aim assist

dpi 800
pollingrate both mouse and apex 125hz
use common sync
play around with smoothing.. the higher number the more aim assist but losing control over your movements
you can choose the xbox or ps4 setting in the apex manager, xbox has more aim assist , ps4 setting better control in the hitboxes.

grtz
Bf addict

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #14 on: 08:25 AM - 07/10/18 »
Now you can mix inputs. I havenīt tested on PC (I donīt have XBOX Controller) but yeah... on console you can use the keyboard for building and direct slot selection (KB plug directly to console) and XIM AA.
as soon as a key is pressed you loose the aim assist right?