XIM Community

IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System  (Read 4356 times)

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
Re: IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System
« Reply #60 on: 02:34 PM - 07/09/18 »
Using .85 hip 1.13 ads those are my x y in apex manager

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: akdov 4670
« Reply #61 on: 11:45 PM - 07/10/18 »
That is just how the drum gun works, when you begin  to fire it slows your ability to swing your aim, especially downwards. You will notice it acts just like any other weapon until you begin to fire, so the xim has no influence on the situation.

With the unsymmetrical axis people have mentioned, i noticed it pre 4.3 and its still noticeable now.

I think its intentional due to the over the right shoulder view scheme they have, turning right seems to swing immediately right where as turning left has a lower acceleration feeling.  The only way i noticed this is from switching between Fortnite and Warframe, warframe seems to have an incredibly snappy 1:1 feel, going back to fortnight you notice a sloppy left turn.

What's important to add in this thread.

If we're jumping into 100 player battle royal with the mindset 'muh xim not 100% calibrated bwuhh' then defeat is assured.

This translator is still pretty @#$% spot on, however knowing its not is what makes the mind game a bit harder.

Mouse: CM Sentinel Storm
Keyboard: Laser Wolf Claw
Audio: Razer thresher
Console: Xbox One
Monitor: Asus 22" VW227D
Gaming Surface: Razer Goliathus 440x355

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11:29 AM - 07/11/18 »
The unsymmetrical axis was present pre 4.3 but no near to the same degree like now, 3 cm~ is way off.

I though about the shoulder thing but there is no excuse for a flawed aim look mechanics, notice PC version doesn't have this issue, neither mobile.

I don't is intentional is flawed, granted they still working on the game. Remember we play with a very wrong diagonal Y/X value for the first 5 months until 4.3, that's sloppy but... consoles are the biggest market Epic should put more effort.

What's important to add in this thread.

If we're jumping into 100 player battle royal with the mindset 'muh xim not 100% calibrated bwuhh' then defeat is assured.

This translator is still pretty @#$% spot on, however knowing its not is what makes the mind game a bit harder.
Yep don't put yourself in a wrong mindset.

The translator performance is great and micro-movements are best precision of all, out there.

And is not unplayable, this inconsistency is compensated if your game style relies on Aim Assist you shouldn't be worry (or notice) but if you are the type of player that wants precision, you lead your shoots or aim by your own... you will noticed (if not already did it) and should think twice because is very VERY bad for memory muscle, the more time you spend playing Fortnite on this unsymmetrical axis, you will develop bad habits (difficult to break) and your aim might get affected on other and future games. Play with native support is advice for consistency.

I have no doubt that XIM Team are doing the best on their ability to mitigate this issue.

The pressure is on Epic because this is bad for all players specially for controller users.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Online Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #63 on: 03:57 PM - 07/11/18 »
Playground will be going out tonight at 4am so if a st is getting trained it must be done by today, and there are so many bad controller users out there none of them are complaining even good controller users like nick mercs they just canít tell, most talked about problems are aim assist on recently eliminated players and bloom

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
« Reply #64 on: 09:39 PM - 07/11/18 »
Playground will be going out tonight at 4am so if a st is getting trained it must be done by today, and there are so many bad controller users out there none of them are complaining even good controller users like nick mercs they just canít tell, most talked about problems are aim assist on recently eliminated players and bloom

Nickmercs use m/b  ;)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11:51 PM - 07/11/18 »

Nickmercs use m/b  ;)
yup and scripts.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02:19 AM - 07/12/18 »

Nickmercs use m/b  ;)
yup and scripts.

But no one knows his epic settings 💔

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03:34 AM - 07/12/18 »

Nickmercs use m/b  ;)

Lol nickmercs definitely doesn't use mouse & keyboard. He's been playing competitive cod with a controller for ages it would only make him worse.
Also he's been to one of the fortnite LAN events you can even see him hold his controller.

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04:26 AM - 07/12/18 »

Nickmercs use m/b  ;)

Lol nickmercs definitely doesn't use mouse & keyboard. He's been playing competitive cod with a controller for ages it would only make him worse.
Also he's been to one of the fortnite LAN events you can even see him hold his controller.

He is proficient with a controller :) more better with m/b :)

I wrote a comment on his YouTube channel and he deleted it 🙂

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 01:23 PM - 07/12/18 »

Playground will be back, Epic has stated they are looking to add aim assist for controllers in the next iteration of playground. So if anything we should wait until we have a full aiming representation before trying anything new.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 02:07 PM - 07/12/18 »
I tested on 50v50. No changes.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline ubelai

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11:35 PM - 07/12/18 »
I tested on 50v50. No changes.

Are you still using native kB/mouse?

Eager to know your keybinds if you're using an Orbweaver.

Offline Double

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11:38 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hello fellas.

Now with the Playground mode I was focusing on tune up my sensitivity.

While doing the "360 degree turn drill", I notice something:

If you place your mouse on a startup point A on your mouse pad (e.g. left edge), cross-hair in-game pointing to a reference point in the wall, then you move the mouse in a straight line, constant medium velocity until you do a full 360 turn, getting back to the same starting point of reference on screen.

At your mouse pad you travel from point A to point B. If you get back from point B to A (doing the turn in another direction). When you get back to the starting point of reference on screen: you are not back to the same spot (A) at the mouse pad. I'm about 2 cm off.

In another games like Battlefield 1, EA Battlefront 2015 and 2; if you do a full 360 turn and then get back, you will return to the same starting point at your mouse pad, not in Fornite BR.

I don't know if is only me or the game look mechanics, but that doesn't look like 1:1 movement.

I asking for you guys to try out.

Mouse Sensitivity: 12000 dpi / 1KHz pr
XIM Apex:  Sync  = Common / 1KHz rr
HIP Sense: 2

I tried this and got the same result. Was off by around 2cm.

I then lowered my in-game sensitivities to 8 (was max at 10 for x and y) and I was no longer off.

I don't understand why.

Bit of a far-fetched conspiracy theory: Could Epic devs have put in a penalty for users using max settings? No controller player uses max, so they would never feel it, but it's widely known (and I'm sure Devs know) that anyone using a XIM will put their settings to max.

lol. I'm sure there is a more practical answer though.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 11:46 PM - 07/12/18 »
kind of sucks that the playground mode is gone now, i will try the 360į turn test in the 50vs50 mode later to see whats going on there.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Aburakrak

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10:58 AM - 07/13/18 »
Hello fellas.

Now with the Playground mode I was focusing on tune up my sensitivity.

While doing the "360 degree turn drill", I notice something:

If you place your mouse on a startup point A on your mouse pad (e.g. left edge), cross-hair in-game pointing to a reference point in the wall, then you move the mouse in a straight line, constant medium velocity until you do a full 360 turn, getting back to the same starting point of reference on screen.

At your mouse pad you travel from point A to point B. If you get back from point B to A (doing the turn in another direction). When you get back to the starting point of reference on screen: you are not back to the same spot (A) at the mouse pad. I'm about 2 cm off.

In another games like Battlefield 1, EA Battlefront 2015 and 2; if you do a full 360 turn and then get back, you will return to the same starting point at your mouse pad, not in Fornite BR.

I don't know if is only me or the game look mechanics, but that doesn't look like 1:1 movement.

I asking for you guys to try out.

Mouse Sensitivity: 12000 dpi / 1KHz pr
XIM Apex:  Sync  = Common / 1KHz rr
HIP Sense: 2

I tried this and got the same result. Was off by around 2cm.

I then lowered my in-game sensitivities to 8 (was max at 10 for x and y) and I was no longer off.

I don't understand why.

Bit of a far-fetched conspiracy theory: Could Epic devs have put in a penalty for users using max settings? No controller player uses max, so they would never feel it, but it's widely known (and I'm sure Devs know) that anyone using a XIM will put their settings to max.

lol. I'm sure there is a more practical answer though.
Interesting, i will test when i go home