XIM Community

IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
Re: IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System
« Reply #45 on: 02:13 AM - 07/08/18 »
I just want a solution

Same here

Offline sIay

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SupahSlayin
« Reply #46 on: 04:26 AM - 07/08/18 »
OBSiV wdym by Hacking the translator.. and how soon can we see this.

I don't know since we don't know yet how things differ between the different sides of the axis. Has no one in Fortnite's community pointed this out? It's odd since it, of course, negativity affects controller gamers as well.

Please come up with a fix for this fortnite feels so bad atm

Offline El4n

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04:40 AM - 07/08/18 »
Edit  Please test this more accurately than I do... lower in game is more accurate?

Lower in game sense to below 10/10. Then make sure you don't hit turn speed cap. Seems to be more accurate. Maybe there is distortion within the 10/10 in game speed?

The only way I can hit anything in Fortnite is by reducing my in-game settings from 10/10 to 7/7 or 8/8. Using the XIM Apex game support suggested 10/10 absolutely does not work, in my experience.

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05:57 AM - 07/08/18 »
the faster you move the mouse the worse this turn behaviour is.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #49 on: 09:32 AM - 07/08/18 »
Any one can test this in game start at one point then do a 360 and back again you will end up in a different spot and it changes with the speed of doing it as well.
It is messing with me enough to make my aim off a lot I can never be consistant.

You also need to be sure not to exceed maximum turn speed during the test. If you do, you will definitely be off from your strating point.

Again, this problem affects everyone (controller players too). The best fix is for the developer to fix their game.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10:34 AM - 07/08/18 »
My aim has felt godly since I switched up my settings last week. I haven't felt any deviations from that.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 12:01 PM - 07/08/18 »
OBSiV wdym by Hacking the translator.. and how soon can we see this.

I don't know since we don't know yet how things differ between the different sides of the axis. Has no one in Fortnite's community pointed this out? It's odd since it, of course, negativity affects controller gamers as well.

No, controller players haven't complained about this. It's likely that the difference in axis aiming is too minor to be felt by a controller versus a mouse via translation.

Whilst your looking at the Fortnite ST, producing a solution to the issue with scoped weapons would be useful too. They use a different deadzone to other weapons, hence why a common complaint is that sniping doesn't feel great with the current ST.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:42 PM - 07/08/18 »
I just want a solution

Same here

If you coming from PC, are proficient with the mouse go native.

If you are used to play with XIM relying on AA assistance, keep playing with XIM this issue will not hinder your game as much as some one who needs consistency and they relies on muscle memory.

Using current and flawed Fortnite aim system with XIM, you are in a similar place as when you have a correct aim system and use some curve or very radical setting(high smoothing, low dpi). -no consistency-

I tried with a laser mouse I know has quirky acceleration behavior that in some way keeps XIM maximum turn in check:  if you accelerate too quickly the mouse kinda slows itself down, like it is using some kind of anti-acceleration setting enabled to compensate for any hardware acceleration of the laser sensor. Works wonders on Overwatch

With this weirdo the gap is 6mm ~ better than a very accurate optical Pixart 3366 (30 mm) LOL.

Worth mention: Scope Weapons and Snipers are working OK with native support.
« Last Edit: 01:08 PM - 07/08/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
« Reply #53 on: 01:00 PM - 07/08/18 »
I just want a solution

Same here

If you are used to play with XIM relying on AA assistance, keep playing with XIM this issue will not hinder your game as much as some one who needs consistency and they relies on muscle memory.

Using current and flawed Fortnite aim system with XIM, you are in a similar place as when you have a correct aim system and use some curve or very radical setting(smoothing, low dpi). -no consistency-

I tried with a laser mouse I know has quirky acceleration, the gap is 6mm ~ better than a very accurate optical Pixart 3366 (30 mm) LOL.

Worth mention: Scope Weapons and Snipers are working OK with native support.

I totally agree with you, I play fortnite on my pc. However, shotgunning is still weird man with the Xim! I donít know why. Is it frame skipping problem or it is Xim problem. I'm 100% sure that my aim is solid.

I end up with 8/8 in game sensitivity  :-X feels more better

I think I will go back for the native m/kb support.

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03:59 PM - 07/08/18 »
I just want a solution
Hear hear.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #55 on: 04:20 PM - 07/08/18 »
I played this morning for 5 hours. Didnít notice not one single difference. Feels really good to me? Iím also using the advanced builder pro config now such a game changer.

Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Ziggy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04:00 AM - 07/09/18 »

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "go native" mean?

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05:34 AM - 07/09/18 »

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "go native" mean?

Itís how the Amazonian villagers play video games... without clothes on.

Sorry, couldnít resist. PS4 has mouse and keyboard support built in. Thatís native support. So he means donít use the Xim, but connect directly to the PS4 with your mouse and keyboard. There are some pros and cons to it, the biggest one being aim assist.

Offline Ziggy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 01:40 PM - 07/09/18 »

Itís how the Amazonian villagers play video games... without clothes on.

Sorry, couldnít resist. PS4 has mouse and keyboard support built in. Thatís native support. So he means donít use the Xim, but connect directly to the PS4 with your mouse and keyboard. There are some pros and cons to it, the biggest one being aim assist.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks man

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
« Reply #59 on: 02:33 PM - 07/09/18 »
Yeah I dunno the aim does feel a little bit weird. Anyone know how to solve the recoil problem I'm having. Say I am shooting someone with a drum gun I'll hit em like 21 21 47 47 but I'll be trying to pull down on my mouse and it has some troubles