XIM Community

IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System  (Read 4352 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
I can't remember if Fortnite has time-based acceleration (which would explain it), but, how slow are you moving your mouse? Are you making sure you are nowhere near hitting maximum turn speed during these tests?
That's correct, nowhere near hitting max turn speed.
I did it at this speed: video (sorry I'm at work)

And another thing I noticed, I don't know if is useful but... doing several test this pattern shows up:

Is like everytime I restart the test, at a "new point A" I had a displacement
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: Is something off with latest Fortnite ST? [Ftnt-Hip-P4.4]
« Reply #16 on: 11:40 AM - 07/05/18 »
you still gets aim assist but it so low that you can't tell
You really don't, AA is feature exclusive only for controller users, they state that pretty clear back in the day when they introduce the KB&M support. There is no lock on, no slowdown, no bubble.
« Last Edit: 12:38 PM - 07/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
Re: Is something off with latest Fortnite ST? [Ftnt-Hip-P4.4]
« Reply #17 on: 11:42 AM - 07/05/18 »
you still gets aim assist but it so low that you can't tell
You really don't, AA is feature exclusive only for controller users, they state that pretty clear back in the day when day introduce the KB&M support. There is no lock on, no slowdown, no bubble.
your right  maybe because I use apex for movement because I use g13

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Can you try setting Y/X Ratio to 0? When you do this, do you get the same results? Also, you don't have any curves set, correct?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Fortnite has a lopsided deadzone and while I haven't tested it this may effect the turn speed of left versus right movement as well. Siege has the same quirk.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Thanks for the work you've done with Fortnite. I find your posts very insightful and helpful for navigating comfortable settings.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Can you try setting Y/X Ratio to 0? When you do this, do you get the same results? Also, you don't have any curves set, correct?
Correct, no curves.

I just did it, 0.0 as you request OBsIV. Got the video here (sorry could get the monitor screen right)

I jump to a 50v50 game (easier to trying without interruptions), find a nice spot a set my crosshair over on a vertical texture as reference, go options to put my mouse at the edge of the mouse pad (starting point) then set X/Y to 0.0 exit options and did the turn, same result: 3 cm off.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the work you've done with Fortnite. I find your posts very insightful and helpful for navigating comfortable settings.

Thanks dude, but mist4fun is the MVP here he is doing all the hard work, can't recall a game that keep changing its aim mechanics so often.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Sleepy

• View Profile
If you are testing this in playground mode didn't epic say AA is off in this mode weather you on controller or M&K? Thought I read that somewhere, if so could this affect results?

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
Something is not rite i tested it again today could we get it looked at ?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
If you are testing this in playground mode didn't epic say AA is off in this mode weather you on controller or M&K? Thought I read that somewhere, if so could this affect results?
As I mention before, I tested on PC (Playground) too and the aim is correct there. On console I  also tried on 50V50 mode where is server bigger load and players on both teams, aim is off too. Besides, you actually need a AA free environment because any slowdown on aim can alter the results.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
Will we have a new ST ?

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
I thought something was off.. in the last few weeks.. this would explain it. Thanks for your hard work.

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
This calls for another retrain  :-\

I don't think my aim will ever be as good as it was pre 4.3

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Will we have a new ST ?
Is mist4fun call.

I don't know if this can fix with another ST, because if it is a quirk like he mention, well we pretty much have to deal with it same as Siege fellas. I mean T2 Translators are working better at this point it should be something to improve, XIM is superior technology in that regard.

I just tried this on 1.3 as I still have it and its closer than .4

That is very interesting. I don't have it anymore... thanks for share.

Don't get me wrong, is not unplayable... you can adapt to it. But is going to feel weird and no consistency on flicks and turns. Playable but is not near good.
« Last Edit: 05:02 PM - 07/06/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two