XIM Community

Halo 4 to be announced at E3?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Ripwire

• View Profile
Halo 4 to be announced at E3?
« on: 01:24 PM - 07/09/08 »
This has been surfacing around the web since sunday... I'm not sure about you guys but i'm very excited. I still cant wait to purchase a preconfigured XIM2 to play with Halo 3... i've became pretty destructive with a controller but I will always prefer KB&M..

.. Hopefully it will be compatible with Halo4 :) or... maybe in 2009 we might see a XIM3? Haha.. just teasing.

sources:
http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/07/source-halo-4-announcement-coming-at-e3.html
http://www.n4g.com/News-164946.aspx
http://kotaku.com/5022203/new-halo-game-for-e3-master-chief-not-included
http://play.tm/wire/cluster/1985591
http://www.techshout.com/gaming/2008/05/halo-4-game-to-be-unveiled-at-e3-2008/

(this is just a few)
« Last Edit: 01:46 PM - 07/09/08 by Ripwire »

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
Re: Halo 4 to be announced at E3?
« Reply #1 on: 03:10 PM - 07/09/08 »
I am excited for Halo 4… but not about Bungie making the game.  I was hoping for a new Studio to take on future Halo games.  :-\

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:43 PM - 07/09/08 »
I am excited for Halo 4… but not about Bungie making the game.  I was hoping for a new Studio to take on future Halo games.  :-\

oh I don't know I kind of like Bungie  8)
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:47 PM - 07/09/08 »
Oh good.  Another 30 frames per second shooter game.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:51 PM - 07/09/08 »

Exactly. I love UT3 now, it's so @#$% fast like hot butter dripping all over my body. Eh what the hell?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:56 PM - 07/09/08 »
Oh please nooo, the hype wave for a utterly average product will start again, hell no I hope its not true.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:58 PM - 07/09/08 »
Oh please nooo, the hype wave for a utterly average product will start again, hell no I hope its not true.

I must of lived in a cave, but I paid very very very little attention to Halo 3 hype machine, I was aware it was coming and I knew when but that's it. Of course, that's before I had a 360 so maybe that's why. I just know one thing, they should have had halo 3 run at 60 fps instead of chopping it in half. Why can a game like COD 4 look so @#$% good and run that fast, why couldn't they do the same. I do enjoy H3 I just wish the frame rate was higher.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #7 on: 04:09 PM - 07/09/08 »
Marathon Sequel!

Or maybe even Myth!

Those games were way ahead of their time. Hell Halo's engine started out as a myth sequel and they adapted the engine to and FPS instead. This on was for macs only at the time and the game was cooler with indigenous fauna roaming and a much deeper storyline, better graphics, better water, better physics. The game had to be dummed down when MS bought out the company to make the game for their predicted-to-fail console instead. MS needed a killer app since, before bungie, FAILED at games. (except the OS bundled hover game ;D) Boy were they smart.

Now that Bungie of off the leash, lets see what can be done. Who wants bet MS has realized that software sales is where it's at, the separation was fake, and bungie will be announcing the halo series for the PS3? Of course, MS will get a cut under the table :P  True Cross-platform is where it's at.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:18 PM - 07/09/08 »

Exactly. I love UT3 now, it's so @#$% fast like hot butter dripping all over my body. Eh what the hell?

DUDE!!!! WTH?
Now I have this horrible image burned into my mind. seriously
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #9 on: 05:07 PM - 07/09/08 »
Yea - not only does COD4 look better than Halo3 and play faster, but it does so with alot more players.  Of course, you don't get the wide open enviros and vehicles.

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:35 PM - 07/09/08 »
Well...  Technically they announced there would be no more "Halo" titles as Halo was a trilogy and 3 is typically the last of a trilogy.

But of course I don't believe them when they say "Halo 3" is the last story from the Halo universe.  I'm almost 100% sure that they're making another game from the Halo universe but from my take on official statements it wont have the same gameplay or even feel as Halo 3 did.

That's just my two cents.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:32 PM - 07/09/08 »
Who knows what will happen. I still love the first one the best for multiplayer, the lan parties hell, even xbox connect (xbc) was alot of fun. I loved just using the pistol and 3 head shots would take you out. Now it takes ridiculous amounds of ammo to kill anyone with Halo 2 and 3. I wish they would take the damage up 60% and make it 2 to 3 rounds of BR take you down. So many times I put what seems like half dozen rounds into someone to have my kill taken. I still love Halo 3.

Ok Im about to go a route that may be slightly in bad taste, but I am going to say it anyway.

Halo 3 is like a Obese woman on a deserted island. You take one for the team as you know there is nothing else around and when you are done you swear you don't want anymore and you complain for days. But there you are, you get antsy and well you have to take care of business again. Then of course you get mad that you did it.......rinse and repeat. I get this feeling alot on alot of games (like socom, halo 2, etc) yet I still play them.

As I said, I love Halo 3 - but many things about it make me really mad, yet I still come back for more. If the next series could somehow tone that down, I'd be alot happier.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #12 on: 09:54 PM - 07/09/08 »

oh I don't know I kind of like Bungie  8)
Bungie fails on more fundamental levels like developing solid net code, hit detection, and basic game balancing.

There is a lot of great game content with Halo, I just don’t want Bungie to mess it all up again.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:56 PM - 07/09/08 »
nick do you like team swat? headshots galore

and about halo4.. I doubt it. And even if it were being made the release would take 3 years, and they would schedule it just a few months before that years Game of the year release.. I was so mad when I only enjoyed halo 3 for a few months, then COD4 came out and that game is far better than halo 3. I couldn't put it down, cod4 is just that good. I feel like bungie robbed me of a good year of halo 3 play before moving on.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:15 PM - 07/09/08 »
I must of lived in a cave, but I paid very very very little attention to Halo 3 hype machine, I was aware it was coming and I knew when but that's it. Of course, that's before I had a 360 so maybe that's why. I just know one thing, they should have had halo 3 run at 60 fps instead of chopping it in half. Why can a game like COD 4 look so @#$% good and run that fast, why couldn't they do the same. I do enjoy H3 I just wish the frame rate was higher.

I would utterly love consoles if they all ran at 60fps, like my PC. I dont care about graphics, I go to my pc for graphics, I got to my console for cheater free fun gameplay with friends. I'd rather have halo 3 look like halo 1 or 2 and run smoother, AND GET RID OF ALL THE ONLINE LAG(like halo 2).