XIM Community

Rainbow Six Siege needs an update, changed look mechanic?  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: King Ownage XV
Ever since the latest big update for rainbow six siege my xim hasnt felt very good with it, it's more jittery to. I thought it might only be me but the youtubers I watch who play siege with the xim also noticed somethings up https://youtu.be/fW-qDBipqK8 since siege is one of the most popular games that is continually growing I hope you guys look into this, thank you for your time
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Six Siege needs an update, changed look mechanic?
« Reply #1 on: 05:39 PM - 06/27/18 »
This was looked into very recently and it was concluded that there was no change to the look mechanic.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=67191.45
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Zed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:44 PM - 06/27/18 »
After making this post I saw it, but the ST could be improved even if nothing was changed. I know this game doesnt have the best look mechanic for the apex to utilize but there has to be some way it can be improved upon, I'm almost tempted to use a controller for this game. Which is the main reason I bought the apex
Totally agree with you, ST havenít change since year one second season...

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:04 AM - 06/28/18 »
pretty sure the st got an update weeks ago. its on its 3rd or 4th revision. i had to redo my config recently.

and im pretty sure r6s is mists go to game so i think its running as good as it gets

Offline SB27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:08 AM - 06/28/18 »
Year, i feel more jitters now, everything like in a water, this is wasnt a thing before update

Offline parni

• A jug fills drop by drop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:48 AM - 06/29/18 »
pretty sure the st got an update weeks ago. its on its 3rd or 4th revision. i had to redo my config recently.

and im pretty sure r6s is mists go to game so i think its running as good as it gets

he didnt even know th and pvp had two different mechanics ...
why is there not a team working on sts ? to expensive? imo it would be better if there is a team working on STS
but its only achievable with incredible amount of expertise and u need a highend pc to run the Software...i heard

my r6s setup
st StarWars Battlefront 2
Sync Default
DPI 12000
HZ 1000

try it u might prefer it... its more predictabe more straight more stable not so
floaty laggy
Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.
currently using Cougar 300M @ 400dpi
Keyboard: g13 i will never go back to keyboard on xim4. With Analog movement you can controll the accel/deaccel of lookmechanics even obsiv prefers it :P.
Sound: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 with dss2.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:18 AM - 06/29/18 »
he didnt even know th and pvp had two different mechanics ...

This keeps being said but the game has one look mechanic between all modes. Game performance does vary between modes but this doesn't have an effect on the look mechanic. Siege was recently looked at and there were no changes to the look mechanic. Other factors could be affecting how aiming feels such as framerate, network performance, or aim assist.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:31 PM - 06/29/18 »

he didnt even know th and pvp had two different mechanics ..

How do you know this? Has it been verified that there are 2 look mechanics? Do you honestly think a game this popular hasn't been looked at many times? Everyone needs to stop spreading misinformation. Also, having a team dedicated to creating configs is a bad idea. The quality of the ST's would suffer, and there aren't enough games being released to warrant a full team. Maybe the staff gets back logged sometimes, but for the most part they release an ST for every popular fps game within a reasonable timeframe.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline parni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:01 PM - 06/29/18 »

How do you know this? Has it been verified that there are 2 look mechanics? Do you honestly think a game this popular hasn't been looked at many times? Everyone needs to stop spreading misinformation. Also, having a team dedicated to creating configs is a bad idea. The quality of the ST's would suffer, and there aren't enough games being released to warrant a full team. Maybe the staff gets back logged sometimes, but for the most part they release an ST for every popular fps game within a reasonable timeframe.

??? everybody who plays rainbow six can tell u that. start th game then play pvp with the same settings its day and night.
how is people working on something lowering quality?
 ...stop being delusional...
 how about more st versions than Just one?
cmon kids thing outside of the box... be creative stop being so ignorant and closed minded... more open
Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.
Keyboard: g13 i will never go back to keyboard on xim4. With Analog movement you can controll the accel/deaccel of lookmechanics even obsiv prefers it :P.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:59 PM - 06/29/18 »

??? everybody who plays rainbow six can tell u that. start th game then play pvp with the same settings its day and night.
how is people working on something lowering quality?
 ...stop being delusional...
 how about more st versions than Just one?
cmon kids thing outside of the box... be creative stop being so ignorant and closed minded... more open

I do play it actually. Quite a bit. That doesn't mean the look mechanic is different. This game has been looked at multiple times. The ST has been retrained before. You know what? Nothing changed. Just like this last patch. Even when people thought that only the PS4 version had a change, it was looked into. Guess what? Nothing changed again. Maybe you need to realize that the XIM isn't a magic device that can change things that are built into the game itself. It's just an input translator. Read all the other threads that have been created for this game. Maybe you won't sound like such a manchild after.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Sunny3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:07 AM - 06/30/18 »
Parni what hip and ads do you use for Star Wars ST?

Offline parni

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:26 AM - 06/30/18 »
Parni what hip and ads do you use for Star Wars ST?

between
0.75-5.0 hip (depending on the mouse)
0.50-4.0 ads
x/y ratio 0.85 - 1.0 (depending on the mouse)

no curves no aim smoothing

high dpi 1000hz slow xim apex settings nothing crazy
a  rlfriend of mine also changed.
Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.

Offline Sunny3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:34 AM - 06/30/18 »
Thanks Parni so you use slow sync now not default? What's ur favorite mouse to use as well? Thanks for replying

Offline parni

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:18 AM - 06/30/18 »
Thanks Parni so you use slow sync now not default? What's ur favorite mouse to use as well? Thanks for replying

mice awesome on xim : cougar 300m(games with aim assist), roccat kone owl eye (current r6s), zowie mico(nice but low dpi and only 500hz)
i dislike on xim : steelsieres (had all), logitech (had all), razer(the worst)
on pc: razer taipan (lol) and rival 700(csgo selfmodded shape and custom driver)

i use default common and slow never off its to jerky for me.
i was very sceptical at first if 500hz and 100hz will make a differnece on xim apex compared to xim4  but its day and night xim apex rocks im glad i was proven wrong.

there is no perfect general setting.. find ur own
find ur own custom way that fits u

Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.

Offline EvenStar1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Claude_E_Shannon
« Reply #14 on: 07:13 PM - 07/01/18 »
I think its not the look mechanic issue since i had the same feeling you called "floaty", "laggy" on PC once i turn the vertical sync on and the frame rate locked on 60FPS, then i noticed that it may be the significant frame generation time in MP, which make it feels like there is input delay in look mechanic but it is the "graphic output delay" actually, that cant be fixed by XIM. It just a guess and I hope I made it clear.