XIM Community

Console Controller Crossover Curve adjust?  (Read 721 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Console Controller Crossover Curve adjust?
« Reply #15 on: 09:42 AM - 07/11/18 »
There was a reason we went with exponential over linear. Exponential was chosen because it had some properties that were better than the game's aiming system with linear. I'd like mist4fun to remind me what that was.

its the fact that expo never felt good to begin with. it has nothing to do with turn speeds, the ST used with expo does not mesh well with the AA in overwatch at all.  furthermore expo does NOT provide linear 1:1 movements, or at least it does not feel like PC, when attempting flicks or quick moving shots.

It was 1000000% easier to play widowmaker with linear. Everytime now I play another xim user who stomps me, they tell me they are using x4 with CCC.  So I'm getting stomped by people for upgrading my technology

Yes, we hear you. Help us understand on your other thread how such a feature can be added to APEX without making it harder and more confusing to use. I suggest you approach it in a constructive way.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:22 AM - 07/11/18 »
Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. Exponential Ramp was used instead of Linear Ramp because there is much more micro movement available compared to Linear Ramp. This is more prominent on PS4 than Xbox. Exponential Ramp is also made linear by the ST.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #17 on: 11:53 AM - 07/11/18 »
All people want is a blank ST that is perfectly linear and allows for the user to create their own settings. On Xim4, the CCC could do this and many people used it with Overwatch in Linear mode using mouse and keyboard, only using that config due to the linear blank ST.

This was removed, and now there is no way blank ST config to use for these players.

Add a new config that is blank with a perfectly linear ST and the problem will be solved.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL