XIM Community

Xim apex overwatch best settings / Moderators thanks for helping  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Kik

• View Profile
Re: Xim apex overwatch best settings top 500 players
« Reply #15 on: 12:29 PM - 06/21/18 »
This post is about sharing game experiences and settings of high ranked player is it possible to stick to that?? Would it be possible to stop saying the same things which are not the purpose of this topic! You are not bringing anything by saying sentences like you should practice, no best settings, it is personal and so on... I read already those things and again not the purpose of the topic! The point is to share settings or at least what suit the best for you in order for others to try it and make their own impressions!

Thanks in advance.

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01:24 PM - 06/21/18 »
If the xim 4 is better for overwatch can we have a xim 4 mode in the apex ?
It would be appreciated, thanks
« Last Edit: 01:29 PM - 06/21/18 by Vezaeer »

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:01 PM - 06/21/18 »

Set your Apex to 125Hz and Sync off. You're at XIM4 settings. BTW, XIM4 is not better, no clue where you got that from.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:11 PM - 06/21/18 »
You guys will never learn... Each person has their own style of movement. From aiming to dpi to almost everything about the apex, even monitor size.. Everything factors in.. Some people prefer smoothing on 20, i say smoothing gives me a delay. So who is right?

If someone posts a setting and says its the best setting out there, they are wrong because you wont be compatible with that setting unless you are using the exact set up as the user that posted it.

All you have to do is figure out a sweet spot for the dpi on your mouse" your cuves and every good setting you thing is imaginable. Find the skyline, fence or what ever you are looking at and trace it. If you cant even come close then the setting wont work for you. Like i said people use different equipment!

Rant over.

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
« Reply #19 on: 02:24 PM - 06/21/18 »

Set your Apex to 125Hz and Sync off. You're at XIM4 settings. BTW, XIM4 is not better, no clue where you got that from.

Sync default and 125hz to get xim4 settings :)

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:02 PM - 06/21/18 »

Sync default and 125hz to get xim4 settings :)

Deafult? Well, there you go. Thanks for correcting me.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:29 PM - 06/21/18 »
IMHO, the only setting that really matters is Aim Assist Window Size. Bigger isn't always better.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:52 PM - 06/22/18 »
Jeez, sorry to see OP is having such a tough time getting some people to post some of their settings. You guys have to realize that there are plenty of people that are trying a XIM for the first time (or mouse and keyboard for the first time); there's lot of settings to mess with and they would just like a starting point or see what the best players are using. It doesn't mean they are going to directly copy and keep them or expect the settings to make them a God. It would also be nice to see what everyone is using so people could try out different combinations that worked for someone else.

Regardless, here are my settings. Im a Top 500 Tracer main. Also play a lot of 76, McCree, and Zarya.

Sync: Off
Hz: 1000
DPI: 12k
XIM Sens: 35.1
XIM Smoothing: 3 (as low as I can go without stutter).
X and Y sens in game: 100
Aim assist: 100
Aim smoothing in game: 0
Aim assist window: 0

Offline A62341223456678312

• A ghost emits the combat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:55 PM - 06/22/18 »
Took me a month to get used to the Apex. Definitely isnt like PC when you first play with it. Majority of people think I have an aimbot since I miss so infrequently. When I started using Apex I was a 17-21% Crit Hit accuracy (March 2018) and now Im about a 25-31%.
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:53 PM - 06/22/18 »
Took me a month to get used to the Apex. Definitely isnt like PC when you first play with it. Majority of people think I have an aimbot since I miss so infrequently. When I started using Apex I was a 17-21% Crit Hit accuracy (March 2018) and now Im about a 25-31%.

Just curious, what are your settings? Im assuming youre talking about your crit accuracy is on widow? cause 25-31% crit rate on anyone else is just insanity

Offline Pasteghost

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pasteghost
« Reply #25 on: 02:40 PM - 06/27/18 »
I have a friend who is gm and former t500 that only uses controller. It took me two months to find my perfect settings on apex. I still make tiny adjustments sometimes. You are impatient and frankly a bit whiney. You should educate yourself about basic mouse knowledge. If youre using a cloth pad go with a lower dpi. I use 1600 for cloth. 500 hz polling is crucial for auto aim. Also set sync to default and try 28-30 sens. For wixow and ana make a seperate config enable auxillary activated by rmb at default sync around 8 to 9 sense. Btw none of this information will help you get better. Overwatch is a game that requires good decision making and whether you are on controller or mouse makes little difference.

Offline ARightProperLad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:07 PM - 06/27/18 »
Anyone saying that there is absolutely no one size fits all for settings is somewhat wrong imho.

Back in the XIM4 days we had two dominating Overwatch set ups by two users, one user named Size that posted this useful general OW Settings thread: Overwatch "Support", and the other kojsdojo that posted this useful Widow settings thread OVERWATCH: BEST WIDOW CONFIG "CPLW1DOW"

Now I didn't play Widow so I haven't used kojsdojo's settings but many people did amazing using them, I used Size's settings and I'm not going to say his settings were absolutely perfect but A LOT of us really liked his settings and did great using them, I myself went from Silver to High Diamond in the span of a month or so because I went from a Lucio heal bot to a Soldier 76 killing machine.

Their settings were amazing because they were tried and testing, incredibly fine tuned by dudes really dedicated to Overwatch. As of right now I don't think there is anything comparable to either guys Overwatch settings for the XIM Apex, these guys were high rank with Size allegedly being 4400sr (didn't give his PSN but I can't blame him) and kojsdojo being 4300sr so that pair with wide success with forum users, you knew they were near optimal settings.
« Last Edit: 09:12 PM - 06/27/18 by ARightProperLad »
XIM Apex - G502 12k DPI 1000Hz w/ Steelseries Qck Mousepad - K120 Keyboard - BenQ RL2455HM Monitor - PS4 Pro

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:27 AM - 06/28/18 »
Anyone saying that there is absolutely no one size fits all for settings is somewhat wrong imho.

Back in the XIM4 days we had two dominating Overwatch set ups by two users, one user named Size that posted this useful general OW Settings thread: Overwatch "Support", and the other kojsdojo that posted this useful Widow settings thread OVERWATCH: BEST WIDOW CONFIG "CPLW1DOW"

Now I didn't play Widow so I haven't used kojsdojo's settings but many people did amazing using them, I used Size's settings and I'm not going to say his settings were absolutely perfect but A LOT of us really liked his settings and did great using them, I myself went from Silver to High Diamond in the span of a month or so because I went from a Lucio heal bot to a Soldier 76 killing machine.

Their settings were amazing because they were tried and testing, incredibly fine tuned by dudes really dedicated to Overwatch. As of right now I don't think there is anything comparable to either guys Overwatch settings for the XIM Apex, these guys were high rank with Size allegedly being 4400sr (didn't give his PSN but I can't blame him) and kojsdojo being 4300sr so that pair with wide success with forum users, you knew they were near optimal settings.

Post by Size in that thread

**** You MUST find the settings that work for YOU for optimal results. ****

Below are the settings I use which can be a good starting point for you to tweak from. Remember you just got a XIM4 and it WILL take some time to get used to. You will not be Grandmaster by plugging it in.

XIM4 Settings
HIP Sens = 10
Boost = 1500
Steady Aim = OFF

Mouse Settings - G502
DPI = 12,000
Pooling = 1,000
Cloth mousepad
~Calibrated to pad using software for mouse on my PC

In Game Settings
Vertical Sens = 100
Horizontal Sens = 100
Aiming Mode = Exponential Ramp Mode
AA (Still tweaking this) = 90 for Mcree & Soldier Tracer Reaper Zen Hanzo Mei Genji Roadhog. 60 for everyone else.

Hope this helps.
Crosshair = Small Crosshair, Purple

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05:42 AM - 07/03/18 »
Any new settings to share from high ranked players? Especially with the new aim system in overwatch?

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:29 AM - 07/06/18 »
Hi !

After having read tons of posts on this forum, I think the only way to get a better accuracy on Overwatch is to use the Linear Ramp instead of the Exponential Ramp.

However, to be able to play Linear Ramp on Overwatch you need to add a specific curve on the Console Controller Crossover ST, which was possible on the XIM 4 but not on the XIM APEX.

I don't understand because the XIM APEX should be an improved XIM 4 or it seems that XIM 4 players can be overpowered on Linear Ramp while XIM APEX users are still struggling with exponential ramp. That's why I can see some players having 60% accuracy on widow and hit incredibly amounts of crits while I'm still having only 50% accuracy.
They just use XIM 4, Linear Ramp, and a curve on Console Controller Crossover ST (Not possible to add curves to Console Controller Crossover ST on the XIM APEX)

I hope some moderators will read and give an answer to my question, WITHOUT avoiding the problem by saying exponential ramp is better or saying that the Overwatch ST translates exponential into linear. It's not true. Linear xim 4 players on the Console Controller Crossover ST have a huge advantage over us and this topic (https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=54887.0) says it all

Thanks for reading
« Last Edit: 01:46 AM - 07/06/18 by Vezaeer »