XIM Community

I play like a pro somedays and potato the next - Fortnite  (Read 471 times)

Offline Cylow

• View Profile
I can never find that sweat spot in my settings. Iíll change settings and Iíll play like a pro for 7 days averaging around a 8KD with good games being around 12 kills and bad games being around 4. Then after whatever period of time itís like something switches in my settings and aim assist is all over the place and my good games I get around 4 kills and my bad games I get 2, it doesnít feel like the typical bad games as it lasts 3 or 4 days before I magically switch back to pro mode. Iíve got around a 4.6 KD on fortnite tracker.

Iíd just like some tips to help me be more consistent. I play at 1000 polling rate and 12k DPI. Everything in game max except ADS and Scope. Iíll post my Xim settings below.

>>> XIM4 [G502 12k DPI] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
« Last Edit: 02:19 PM - 06/19/18 by Cylow »

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Re: I play like a pro somedays and potato the next - Fortnite
« Reply #1 on: 10:01 AM - 06/19/18 »
Hey dude, it happens to us all im sure but I would suggest getting out of the mindset that it's your settings. Like you say you can be pro with them and they don't change game to game.

It's likely down to two things. Concentration and the skill of your opponent.

I bet given 10 games on high sense and then 10 on low you would do roughly the same.

Fortnite can be extremely punishing to lazy play but randomly u can get away with it on occasion ie healing in the open rather than building cover or ramp rushing without building double or protective walls.

Every engagement is unique so you have to remain adaptable and learn from your mistakes. Try not to instantly go to settings and tinker.

Another good tip to avoid lazy play is to treat every opponent with the up most respect, anyone can hit a lucky HS so protect yourself as best you can even from a potato. So many times I lose health needlessly to terrible players then have to waste time healing when I could be hunting kills or gaining better position.

Hope some of that helps.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:57 PM - 06/19/18 »
This topic just made me laugh out loud! So thank you for that. However, I would go so far as to say it's not even days. More like games.

My opinion is it's usually more about connection, level of competition and personal confidence then anything else.

For example, I almost ALWAYS play better in SOLO matches then I do in Duo's or squads. So why is that. Well #1 I guarantee you my connection is better then when I'm playing Squads with a friend in the UK (I'm in the US). Not only that, but My crappy 6mb connection I have in Virginia often feels better then my 200mb connection in Colorado. So location (local player base) and distance from ISP (ping) is huge.

#2 Competition will very from game to game. It's easy to kill a potato even when you're a potato. Competition usually escalates pretty significantly too when playing Duo's or Squads compared to Solo. In Solo it's usually just the top 10 players that you have to worry about.

#3 Confidence, if you're like me I often play worse in squads because there's more pressure to perform and not let your team down (unless we're playing Gears, in which I'm the greatest player on the planet and that's just the way of it). So you tend to think to much or play different in squads then in solo. I'm always on the hunt when playing solo. Then throw me into a squad and suddenly you have to be more tactical. That's often a struggle for yours truly so I start thinking too much instead of playing to my strengths.

Anyways, that's my take on it. Do yourself a favor and don't switch up your setup just because. Find your sensitivity and stay with it, or at least within a range of say +/- 5
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:12 PM - 06/19/18 »
Find a setup and stick with it, no matter what.

Get off the mentality that there is a perfect or magic sensitivity or setting that will improve your game, there is not. Only consistency and that's what you are not doing it.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:51 PM - 06/19/18 »

Get off the mentality that there is a perfect or magic sensitivity or setting that will improve your game, there is not. Only consistency and that's what you are not doing it.

This is hands down the best advice. Many new people think that by purchasing a XIM and pasting the "perfect curve" that they'll become virtual Gods! Very far from the truth. People waste so much time trying different curves, sensitivities, scripts, polling rates, dpi's, etc. Find a config that feels good and then spend time building muscle memory.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Cylow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:44 AM - 06/20/18 »

This is hands down the best advice. Many new people think that by purchasing a XIM and pasting the "perfect curve" that they'll become virtual Gods! Very far from the truth. People waste so much time trying different curves, sensitivities, scripts, polling rates, dpi's, etc. Find a config that feels good and then spend time building muscle memory.

Iíve had the Xim for years and Iíve always managed to find a confit that I feel comfortable using. However, I canít seem to find one with Fortnite and after a while the aim asist goes all dodgy.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:00 PM - 06/20/18 »

Iíve had the Xim for years and Iíve always managed to find a confit that I feel comfortable using. However, I canít seem to find one with Fortnite and after a while the aim asist goes all dodgy.

Have you tried turning it off? Does it behave that way with all weapons?
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline FancYxFeeT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FancYxFeeT