XIM Community

How I use my XIM4 with my Nintendo Switch  (Read 1051 times)

Offline SwitchPlayer

• View Profile
How I use my XIM4 with my Nintendo Switch
« on: 10:49 PM - 06/14/18 »
If anyone was wondering how to connect the Xim to a Nintendo Switch it's really simple. 

You'll need a Mayflash USB dualshock/xbox controller adapter

Code: [Select]
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-NS-Wireless-Xbox360-Controller-Mayflash-Windows/dp/B079B5KHWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529036683&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash+adapter+switch
Plug that into your Switch dock, or if you have a USB-C OTG cable, you could plug the adapter directly to the console.  From there, connect the Xim as if you were connecting to PS4 or XBOX. 

The Mayflash adapter allows a dualshock input and translates it to a switch controller input.  The Xim takes keyboard and mouse input and emulates a dualshock output so the two products work hand-in-hand.  There is no noticeable input lag, and with some tweaking you can get some pretty good mouse translation. 

I've been playing Paladins on Switch this way and working very well. 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How I use my XIM4 with my Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: 12:22 AM - 06/15/18 »
I have a Mayflash, but didn't end up needing it because Titans also support Switch.

They also support Remote Play on PC / Mac, I haven't tried XB1 via PC yet.

Offline Badkarma619

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:15 PM - 06/15/18 »
Wow! this is great news. Do you know if this will work with Apex? And what are "titans"?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:30 PM - 06/15/18 »
Wow! this is great news. Do you know if this will work with Apex? And what are "titans"?
www.consoletuner.com. Titan One and Titan Two are console and PC controller adapters with dedicated support for Xims.

Pairing a Xim with a Titan means macro scripting (e.g rapid-fire & anti-recoil), as well as the ability to move the mouse and/or kb to the Titan for more macro binding options without eating up button bindings, e.g using buttons on a G502 or Fragpedals for insta-building in Fortnite, or binding macros to function keys for splitting up wheel menus etc. They also allow you to use XB1 controllers on PS4, or PS3 wheels on 360, PS3 arcade sticks on XB1 etc.

Offline Badkarma619

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:36 PM - 06/15/18 »
thanks for the info!
Would you happen to know if apex + mayflash work with nitendo switch?
I know this is on the xim4 discussion but just wondering.

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #5 on: 05:54 AM - 06/16/18 »
thanks for the info!
Would you happen to know if apex + mayflash work with nitendo switch?
I know this is on the xim4 discussion but just wondering.

I've been using the mayflash adapter for months now. Its a servicable solution, especially for the price, but it has some issues with making micro movements, as it introduces some weird deadzone behavior. It's also worth noting that the mayflash adapter doesn't support higher polling rates of the Apex. If you have the money, go with the Titan one.

Offline Badkarma619

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:53 AM - 06/18/18 »
hmm I see. But with a 60 dollar price tag with titan one, might as well get titan 2 with that price right? That way, you just need one product instead of 2. Or is titan 2 not that popular? Trying to figure out the cheapest best option for the Switch right now.

thanks