XIM Community

Just bought a XIM Apex and a PS Nav Controller: Is my setup ok?  (Read 162 times)

Offline singleplayeronly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
  • PSN ID: detto
Hey,

I just bought into the XIM community and i'm scrambling to find the right parts to complete my setup. As mentioned in the title i already bought a XIM Apex and a PS Nav Controller.

Now i need to find the best possible setup: I plan on only playing on PS4 Pro (and as my nick suggests: SP Only Baby ;-)...the PS Nav Controller is supposed to be used wireless (ofc)...and i want to use a mouse the gives me the best performance...do you guys recommend getting a wired mouse or is a wireless mouse good enough (i plan to play primarily games like Uncharted, TLOU, Horizon, Infamous that are running at 30 fps...so i don't know how big of a difference a wired mouse will make)...do i need an additional dongle to connect the PS Nav Controller wirelessly?

I would really appreciate all kinds of tips and trick...getting the best mouse possible would be a great first step...getting into XIM can be a bit intimidating ;-)

BR

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
To answer your question about connection to PS Nav, please check out our instructional video on cross console controller usage linked here: http://xim.tech/start
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline singleplayeronly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
  • PSN ID: detto
Thanks!

Can anybody recommend a mouse setup? My playstation is rather far way (6m/20ft)...i'm thinking about getting an usb extension cable to minimise the the distance between my wireless mouse and my XIM Apex...an extension cord shouldn't be a problem for the XIM?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
As far as extensions, I'd recommend connecting your wireless adapter to the extension and not your XIM APEX.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.