XIM Community

I ruin my aim.  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NEOTRALIZE
I ruin my aim.
« on: 08:15 PM - 06/13/18 »
I ruin my aim from changing my sensitivity so much. It's frustrating how I perform better and more fluently on a controller. I play on a giant mouse pad and tried arm aiming to even wrist aiming.  Don't have a preference and miss shots with both. Tried the xim tutorial of finding my sensitivity multiple times and I still don't have success.  Any tips will help.

Main game is Fortnite

3k dpi
125 poll rate

I have a g403 and 18 inch mousepad.

Looking for real advice.

I know I shouldn't be changing my sensitivity constantly but I just don't like how I'm performing. Don't get me wrong I do well, but I know I could be doing better.

Thanks

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Re: I ruin my aim.
« Reply #1 on: 08:20 PM - 06/13/18 »
Do you have experience playing PC games or is the APEX your real first time using a mouse and keyboard for gaming?
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:22 PM - 06/13/18 »
Xim apex will be my first.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:24 PM - 06/13/18 »
That's the reason why. You cannot expect to just pick up an APEX and suddenly be a god. A lot of people around here have 10+ years of experience using KB&M.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:31 PM - 06/13/18 »
I tried low sensitivity and can't build optimally, I try ranging my sensitivity to do a 360 from mousepad to mousepad and I'm not sure if a 18 inch mousepad might be too big for this. Too much stress on the shoulder. Not sure if I'm aligning myself properly with my mouse and keyboard.

Tried wrist aiming with high sensitivity and it allows me to build faster but then I'm missing my shotgun fights. When I wrist a range a 360 as well.

I might be over thinking it, but I'm just trying to see if anyone has experienced this and could give me advice.

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:52 PM - 06/13/18 »
I ruin my aim from changing my sensitivity so much. It's frustrating how I perform better and more fluently on a controller. I play on a giant mouse pad and tried arm aiming to even wrist aiming.  Don't have a preference and miss shots with both. Tried the xim tutorial of finding my sensitivity multiple times and I still don't have success.  Any tips will help.

Main game is Fortnite

3k dpi
125 poll rate

I have a g403 and 18 inch mousepad.

Looking for real advice.

I know I shouldn't be changing my sensitivity constantly but I just don't like how I'm performing. Don't get me wrong I do well, but I know I could be doing better.

Thanks
125 poll rate ? Pointless mate .

Use 500 poll rate apex 1000 mouse
Sync off
Smoothing 7
Can't remember hip/ads of head but play around with it be a lot better

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #6 on: 10:29 PM - 06/13/18 »
agreed, if you PC game just keep your mouse at 1000hz. put apex to 500hz, easy.

no point in sync'ing them up. i guess unless you don't switch back and forth between PC and console but... i see no purpose in putting my polling rate to 500 on my mouse everytime i want to XIM then put it back to 1k on pc.... lol
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:46 AM - 06/14/18 »
Yes it sounds like you need to pick a sens and stick with it. Once you've got a tonne of experience you can switch up without much issue.

About 15 years ago I was doing what you were doing. Switching my sens constantly. I spoke to a guy called DKT an old quake pro. He told me that changing settings were a distraction to getting good. I needed a default sensitivity so I picked a 30cm ruler. That would be my 360 for the next five years and doing so completely changed me as a player. Plus if you're playing fortnight that's Ninjas sens so you're in decent company.

Do it, stick with it through off days and I promise you'll get good with it

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:08 AM - 06/14/18 »
Ok thanks guys, switched my poll rate to 500 now. Going to stick with a sense from now on.

Offline RIPnRhyme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:18 AM - 06/14/18 »
Honestly, If I had any dexterity whatsoever with a controller I would just use that. However, I grew up playing pc games so mouse feels much more natural.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 AM - 06/14/18 »
When you are trying different techniques like arm aim (low sensitivity) or wrist aim (high sensitivity) you need to stick with one at least for 3 months. You can learn to play with both and switch back and forth, if you are more effective with one on particular, that my friend is the more natural and suitable for your dexterity.

Nothing gets ruin. I read a lot of comments on the recent Fortnite ST issue, people that don't want to play the game on its current state to not ruin they muscle memory... dudes, coming from physical rehabilitation, working close to people that had loose from a finger or to an arms, legs... you waaaay underestimate how and to what extent our body and brain is capable to adapt.

But everything needs time, patience and commitment, we don't have don't ya?

That's the reason why. You cannot expect to just pick up an APEX and suddenly be a god. A lot of people around here have 10+ years of experience using KB&M.
- @#$% straight.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Something

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:42 AM - 06/14/18 »
I just use the DPI and HZ that they recommend which is 3000dpi and 500hz and common sync for 60fps or slow for 30fps games. I just stick to that and donít change anything

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:11 PM - 06/14/18 »
Play a single player game like borderlands to L2S with a mouse. It took me almost 13 years to master a mouse. Find a mouse you like. Find a mouse pad you like... Use a gaming monitor.
« Last Edit: 12:20 PM - 06/14/18 by havoxxx »

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:57 PM - 06/14/18 »
Play a single player game like borderlands to L2S with a mouse. It took me almost 13 years to master a mouse. Find a mouse you like. Find a mouse pad you like... Use a gaming monitor.
[/quote
Not needed I picked up a mouse 4 months ago and killing it on fortnite
It's just so dam op...

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #14 on: 04:49 PM - 06/15/18 »
Neo I keep telling you stick with one sens and get used to it your thinking to much about it, the only way to tell if your sens is too low if you canít keep up with a moving target or if your using your moving your mouse off the mousepad