XIM Community

XIM Apex Android App BT connectivity Issue  (Read 1316 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Apex Android App BT connectivity Issue
« Reply #30 on: 01:51 PM - 07/14/18 »
Do you see anything showing up on BLE scanner? It only picks up LE.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #31 on: 03:25 PM - 07/14/18 »
Won't show up.
Wandering through some other forums noticed the g5s has a problem with BLE.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5S-Moto-G5S-Plus/G5S-Plus-XT1805-BLE-not-working-at-all/td-p/3819359/highlight/false

Here it got confirmed by a moderator and said it would receive an update for it, 9 months ago.

Guess there aint no solution unless they patch it or is there a way you have the app using normal Bluetooth?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 05:46 PM - 07/14/18 »
Ok that's a good find. It's unfortunate that they would ship a phone with a major feature not working at all. No, we only use BLE for communication with the phone.

Offline Algimantas87

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Algimantas87
« Reply #33 on: 09:16 PM - 08/29/18 »
My samsung s8 plus has difficulties to connect with apex. Every time I close apex app I have kind of go to phone settings and device maintenance and clean memory like 3 times in a row. If I don't do this my phone doesn't connect with apex. Says apex could not be found (failure) of smthg.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 08:36 AM - 08/30/18 »
Do you ever pair to your XIM via your S8s Bluetooth device list?

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #35 on: 11:41 AM - 09/06/18 »
I am having problems connecting Apex with my S8+ around 70%, but turning the bluetooth off and back ON solves the problem. I do see XIM apex in the available devices in the pop up screen, also the Apex flashes trying to establish connection, but the apps says connection failure, but restarting the bluetooth solves the problem for me.

Offline Judgment

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:28 PM - 09/06/18 »
I've had the same problem with my s8+ and can confirm resetting the Bluetooth does eventually allow it to connect. Just a hassle

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:38 PM - 09/12/18 »
I posted in another thread, but I too have same issue with S8.  S8 worked fine with Xim4, but Apex has had connectivity issues since I've gotten it.

For me, the fix is usually just bring up recent apps list and closing the Manager from there (sometimes I just close all apps).  That usually gets me working the next time I restart Manager.

On occasion I've had to close the app, as well as disable Blutooth and re-enable, then relaunch Manager.

Issue usually happens if I leave Manager open and I turn off Xbox for extended periods of time then return to Manager.  Other times I usually open Manager, make some edits, then simply hit the back button to close it.  Sometimes it reopens without issue, other times it fails to connect.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:46 PM - 09/27/18 »
So it appears it may not be related to me leaving the app open at all.  I've started forcing it closed when complete and sometimes it still wont' re-connect unless I open/close several times.  Eventually it makes the connection.