XIM Community

XIM Apex Android App BT connectivity Issue  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
Re: XIM Apex Android App BT connectivity Issue
« Reply #15 on: 10:09 AM - 07/13/18 »
Will do when I get home, I can see it on Bluetooth devices from Android, but won't connect that way

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 10:26 AM - 07/13/18 »
Well, you don't connect via Bluetooth devices, but, please try to see if you can connect to it using the BLE Scanner.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:37 AM - 07/13/18 »
I have some issues with bt connections too. I use Huawei Mediapad T3 8.0

Sometimes android app just not connecting with xim, so I have to relaunch app and them it works fine(xim blinking, everything is ok)

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:56 AM - 07/13/18 »
OBsIV,

Tried to connect and after about 10 times it connected, other tries it disconnected right away.
Gonna attach the screens what I saw when it was connected.
Let me know what I can do.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 01:32 PM - 07/13/18 »
Ok even that app is having problems. Hmm, the Bluetooth stack we use on XIM APEX is officially certified so that isn't it. Do things work better if you put your phone right next to XIM APEX?

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:49 PM - 07/13/18 »
Hi Obsiv and OP. I have this same problem with Xim Apex (never had with Xim 4). I use a chinese phone (Vernee Apollo Lite) with the last or one of the 2 last Android versions in existance (wich I canīt remember the name).

In my case what I had to do was:

1- Restart phone
2- Activate bluetooth
3- Open BLE Scanner
4- turn ON the GPS/Location (very important)
5- Connect to XIM Apex on BLE Scanner, if it doesnīt work keep trying, it will eventually do
6- Open Xim Apex manager and connect, donīt forget to press XIM button to pair it

While doing all of this, keep your Phone really close to XIM apex, not more than 30cm away.

This almost never fails for me, so is worth a try. Why it happens I have no idea, but trust me, this will most likely fix it. (unless OP problem is different)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 02:53 PM - 07/13/18 »
Hi Obsiv and OP. I have this same problem with Xim Apex (never had with Xim 4). I use a chinese phone (Vernee Apollo Lite) with the last or one of the 2 last Android versions in existance (wich I canīt remember the name).

1- Restart phone
2- Activate bluetooth
3- Open BLE Scanner
5- Connect to XIM Apex on BLE Scanner, if it doesnīt work keep trying, it will eventually do
6- Open Xim Apex manager and connect, donīt forget to press XIM button to pair it

While doing all of this, keep your Phone really close to XIM apex, not more than 30cm away.

This almost never fails for me, so is worth a try. Why it happens I have no idea, but trust me, this will most likely fix it. (unless OP problem is different)

Wow, sorry you have to do all these steps. The Bluetooth module we use for XIM APEX is the same as XIM4 and the Bluetooth stack we use is the same. You have to do all these steps to connect every time or just to pair?

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:02 PM - 07/13/18 »
I cannot connect it in XIM manager even from 1 cm distance

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:03 PM - 07/13/18 »

1- Restart phone
2- Activate bluetooth
3- Open BLE Scanner

Wow, sorry you have to do all these steps. The Bluetooth module we use for XIM APEX is the same as XIM4 and the Bluetooth stack we use is the same. You have to do all these steps to connect every time or just to pair?

It depends, sometimes it works immediatly, other times it wonīt work at all. So I have to do those steps. Iīm sure is because of my phone, but now that you say it connects exactly the same way as XIM 4, is really weird as i never had problems with XIM 4 on that department.

Did you try the steps I mentioned 2 posts ago? Try it and tell if it worked. Thanks

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:22 PM - 07/13/18 »

1- Restart phone
2- Activate bluetooth
3- Open BLE Scanner

It depends, sometimes it works immediatly, other times it wonīt work at all. So I have to do those steps. Iīm sure is because of my phone, but now that you say it connects exactly the same way as XIM 4, is really weird as i never had problems with XIM 4 on that department.

Did you try the steps I mentioned 2 posts ago? Try it and tell if it worked. Thanks
only skipped reboot, will try tomorrow with reboot

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:44 AM - 07/14/18 »
I tried all your steps, like 30 times, can't get manager to connect. BLE sometimes has connection failed aswell. What else can I do

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 11:02 AM - 07/14/18 »
Have you successfully connected this phone to a different Bluetooth LE device? Not a "classic" one like wireless headsets, but an LE one?

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:30 AM - 07/14/18 »
Does car audio count as LE device?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 11:38 AM - 07/14/18 »
No, anything audio is using "classic". That's a different version of Bluetooth. LE stands for "low energy" and is used for things like health monitors, home smart devices, etc.

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:28 PM - 07/14/18 »
Does a small JBL Go speaker qualify?
Works without problems
Need to check if I have anything else lying arround.

Also tried a complete 'Network reset'
Didn't help