XIM Community

can use controller and mouse at same time?  (Read 519 times)

Offline BladeRider

• View Profile
can use controller and mouse at same time?
« on: 11:26 AM - 06/11/18 »
I looked around and did not find a clear answer. My inyention is to use mouse to aim and use left side of ps4 controller for movemnet. Is apex set up to do that? Also of that is not somethingyou can utilize is there any alternate other than keyboard?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: can use controller and mouse at same time?
« Reply #1 on: 11:32 AM - 06/11/18 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, you can do this but you cannot remap buttons on the authentication controller. You could attach a controller from another console or console generation and remap buttons in it instead.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:32 AM - 06/11/18 »
yes you can absolutly do that, however as you already indicated there are better ways to achieve the same

you could eg use a sony navigation controller that also works completely wireless with the xim, or a nintendo switch joycon
there are also hybrid-devices like the logitech g13
most users go with the nav though as its the closest you can get to a controller but much more comfortable to hold
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #3 on: 11:58 AM - 06/11/18 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, you can do this but you cannot remap buttons on the authentication controller. You could attach a controller from another console or console generation and remap buttons in it instead.
This got me thinking... I could take a X360 wired controller and hack it up, at least removing all excess weight/joystick/etc from the right half, and then use that as a sort of nav that I can remap buttons with.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:59 PM - 06/11/18 »
Yep.

Offline BladeRider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:33 PM - 06/11/18 »
Omg thank you guys. Im defiantly going to buy one now, and thank you for the ps nav setup. I lile that idea. Im just no hood with keyboard. Thanks again!

Offline bartraygun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:04 PM - 06/11/18 »

I haven't been able to map to a second PS4 pro controller.  Tried it and nothing happens with it.  Only the authentication controller functions. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:47 AM - 06/12/18 »
The feature is console controller crossover support. You will need to use a controller from another console or another console generation.

Offline TexBox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:45 AM - 06/13/18 »
Yes, this is how I play. I already owned an elite controller and after trying a keyboard and hating it (I am not a patient learner), I decided to try using the elite and mouse at the same time. This is how I use it:
(Btw I only play r6 siege so I am describing my setup for that game)

The normal functions -LT aim, Left stick movement/sprint, Lb same as normal d pad normal functions
Left paddle: B

G502 mouse:
Scroll back - Y
Left click - Shoot
Right click - RS (mele)
Side buttons - X and A
Scroll wheel - RB 

And I think that is everything. A buddy of mine uses a regular xbox controller and the same mouse I have. He is a diamond player on siege with just the regular controller and mouse so if it works for him, it will work for others.

Hope this helps!