XIM Community

Fortnite update 4.4 needs a retraining? Y axis tweak.  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
Hey family, I played two games (I'm on XBOX ONE), and definitely I had the feeling they did something to the Y ratio, seems so (too) fast now. And then I went to read the patch note, here is what disturbing me:

*Added separate sliders for 'Mouse Sensitivity X' and 'Mouse Sensitivity Y' to the options menu.
   - Your current sensitivity settings will not be changed.
   - Previously, vertical mouse sensitivity (Y) was always 70% of horizontal sensitivity (X).
   - New players will now start with the same default sensitivity for both horizontal and vertical aim.

So while it's just attaching to PC on the patch note there is something different on console, I played a lot PC, I'm playing a lot console and there is something which went off with the new update.
« Last Edit: 01:57 PM - 06/12/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Re: Fortnite update 4.4 needs a new training...
« Reply #1 on: 06:13 AM - 06/11/18 »
There's no difference on console dude.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:23 AM - 06/11/18 »
There's no difference on console dude.
I swear there is. And someone in Reddit also asked if this change affected consoles too because he felt something wrong too.

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:24 AM - 06/11/18 »
An extra 30% would be very noticeable. I notice nothing at all and it says it's only for mouse 

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:35 AM - 06/11/18 »
An extra 30% would be very noticeable. I notice nothing at all and it says it's only for mouse

But it is. When I'm moving my mouse same speed, Y is clearly faster. I guess I have really enough playing time to notice when something goes wrong. Maybe it's XBOX only or only affects some or even only high sense player dunno. And I learnt to don't always trust EPIC...

EDIT: If I'm the only one to notice good news I'll then just have to adjust in-game or on XIM the Y ratio but as the update finished just few hours but still on Reddit anothers have noticed that so I guess I'm not fool.

EDIT2: Some on PS4 are saying they felt the Y increasing and worse they can't edit their sensitivities at all, so there is something.

EDIT3: I tried lowering Y sensitivity in-game and doesn't feel OK, I'm going to test by adjusting on XIM.
« Last Edit: 08:32 AM - 06/11/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:24 AM - 06/11/18 »
If what they did applies on console then lowering Y to 70% should take you back to pre-patch.

Also Epic needs to stop @#$% with sensitivities every week, its getting out of hand jesus!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:28 AM - 06/11/18 »
just tried two games and couldnt feel a difference, in which scenarios do you notice this the most?
any way to replicate the mouse movement difference in a reliable way?

the huge delay on the first building is really annoying though lol, not sure why they implemented that...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:30 AM - 06/11/18 »
There's no effect on console dude unless you are using native.

Put both mouse sliders to 0 and try and then to 100 and try. It's the same.

I would suggest you either have a very strange bug / issue with your xim config somewhere or it's in your mind.

Would be uproar on these boards like last patch if everybody was noticing it.

Hope you solve it and don't mean to sound rude, not my intention I assure you.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:33 AM - 06/11/18 »
click into your xim managers fortnite picture and check if you have the .3 version, also its worth it to create a new fortnite config to see if the aiming problem is gone then
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:52 AM - 06/11/18 »
If what they did applies on console then lowering Y to 70% should take you back to pre-patch.

Also Epic needs to stop @#$% with sensitivities every week, its getting out of hand jesus!

But it's not, I tried to put 7 on Y and doesn't feel right like before 4.4 update. And yeah more the update more issues and not only with sensitivities...

just tried two games and couldnt feel a difference, in which scenarios do you notice this the most?
any way to replicate the mouse movement difference in a reliable way?

the huge delay on the first building is really annoying though lol, not sure why they implemented that...

I played more than 10 games and I notice it the most when skydiving and gliding, during fights with aim-assist it's OK but when harvesting I also noticed it. And as hours are going, new people are saying they noticed a difference too, on consoles.

Whey the delay is horrible and I guess it's due they added new building animation.

There's no effect on console dude unless you are using native.

Put both mouse sliders to 0 and try and then to 100 and try. It's the same.

I would suggest you either have a very strange bug / issue with your xim config somewhere or it's in your mind.

Would be uproar on these boards like last patch if everybody was noticing it.

Hope you solve it and don't mean to sound rude, not my intention I assure you.

I'm not because I'm playing XBOX so there is no native support. And dude please I played 5 years CS:S pro, more than 6 years using XIM, I changed nothing to my config, I'm going to try unplug and replug my XIM, didn't try to be honest.

And how it could be my mind when others also noticed it on reddit, not to be rough but a lot of plebs don't even notice framerates drops when it's obvious, and my muscle memory is here, and I directly noticed a difference when I turn left and right my mouse, the feeling mate.

And I'm in EU so maybe US players didn't try the game yet, but I'm not alone for sure.

click into your xim managers fortnite picture and check if you have the .3 version, also its worth it to create a new fortnite config to see if the aiming problem is gone then

I have the last ST yup, I played with no issue last night, I played 5 hours in a row, I went to sleep 6 AM, I played after 4.4 update at 1 PM, and instantly felt something off.

EDIT: I tried a new config and same, I'm on Sync OFF, and there is something with the up and down move, they are faster than left and right and it drives me nut...
« Last Edit: 09:18 AM - 06/11/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leazy
  • PSN ID: Leazhy
« Reply #10 on: 09:21 AM - 06/11/18 »
I can feel it too on ps4 especially with snipers

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:26 AM - 06/11/18 »
Do you guys realize that the change was for native mouse input?. :)

We are "wireless controller console" X/Y.  ;)
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:29 AM - 06/11/18 »
Just spot checked the ST, it looks like the Y axis has changed a bit. Have controller players noticed the change? With epic mentioning that current sensitivity will be the same I'm hesitant to update support if it's going to be fixed in their next patch.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:45 AM - 06/11/18 »
What they mean by current sensitivity being the same is that it defaults to 70% for those already playing before this to keep it the same.

For new players it defaults to 100%

If the axis has changed then yes for sure I think we will need a new ST.

Now both x and y are at 100% according to epic then that should be that right?!

I personally haven't noticed a difference but I only played 2 games

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:56 AM - 06/11/18 »
Just spot checked the ST, it looks like the Y axis has changed a bit. Have controller players noticed the change? With epic mentioning that current sensitivity will be the same I'm hesitant to update support if it's going to be fixed in their next patch.

updates are published every two weeks, if it turns out to be a bigger issue i think a retraining might be better considering the game is currently the most popular shooter out there

ill try it again in a few minutes and will focus on the y axis and the skydiving animation