XIM Community

Keyboard vs Logitech G13 vs Orbweaver  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
Keyboard vs Logitech G13 vs Orbweaver
« on: 03:32 AM - 06/11/18 »
I'm thinking about buying the g13 or orbweaver but I'm trying to get some opinions which is better keyboard,g13 or orbweaver
Cheers guys
« Last Edit: 03:39 AM - 06/11/18 by Cyanic »

Offline gaminglad

• View Profile
Re: Keyboard vs Logitech G13 vs Orbweaver
« Reply #1 on: 06:34 AM - 06/11/18 »
I am looking to buy either of those as well. From what i can tell G13 has an analog stick which is quite handy for movement as opposed to razer keypad which has a 8 directional stick(?).

Also its hard to find G13 as they are EOL

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:12 AM - 06/11/18 »
I'm thinking about buying the g13 or orbweaver but I'm trying to get some opinions which is better keyboard,g13 or orbweaver
Cheers guys

I had both keypads and a Corsair K65 Rapidfire.

When I start to use XIM, got G13 first with XIM4 and G502 (OBsIV setup) coming from PC I used it like a regular KB, the analog felt off for me (I very used to WASD for movement).

Then I try the Orbweaver on Best Buy exhibit, superior ergonomics build quality but the d-pad is digital not analog. Tried, like the G13 the d-pad for movement... same not a big an improvement.

Then my mind was illuminated, I start to use my WASD for movement and the 4-digital d-pad for items, weapons or abilities, following the thesis of: "keep your fingers on the movement keys as possible, for faster reaction times and agility"... game changer.

On games like Battlefront 2015, BF1 I can throw grenades while combat rolling/sliding be able to move all-the-time at any direction.

eg my Fornite scheme:

6 Months later, got other Orbweaver for my PC, and a back up... yeah that much I liked it.

But, being objective... If you are used to play with analog stick (more like a controller user) G13 might be a better option, or more natural for you. Thumb for analog movement and keys for actions, items, weapons etc. If you are coming from PC and prefer the WASD for movement Orbweaver d-pad is awesome.

The switch from Keyboard to keypad was to more room for the mouse.

I still use my K65 tenkeyless for my PC productivity and some games, for FPS I go Orbweaver.

« Last Edit: 10:17 AM - 06/11/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:04 AM - 06/12/18 »
Cheers guys

I had both keypads and a Corsair K65 Rapidfire.

When I start to use XIM, got G13 first with XIM4 and G502 (OBsIV setup) coming from PC I used it like a regular KB, the analog felt off for me (I very used to WASD for movement).

Then I try the Orbweaver on Best Buy exhibit, superior ergonomics build quality but the d-pad is digital not analog. Tried, like the G13 the d-pad for movement... same not a big an improvement.

Then my mind was illuminated, I start to use my WASD for movement and the 4-digital d-pad for items, weapons or abilities, following the thesis of: "keep your fingers on the movement keys as possible, for faster reaction times and agility"... game changer.

On games like Battlefront 2015, BF1 I can throw grenades while combat rolling/sliding be able to move all-the-time at any direction.

eg my Fornite scheme:

6 Months later, got other Orbweaver for my PC, and a back up... yeah that much I liked it.

But, being objective... If you are used to play with analog stick (more like a controller user) G13 might be a better option, or more natural for you. Thumb for analog movement and keys for actions, items, weapons etc. If you are coming from PC and prefer the WASD for movement Orbweaver d-pad is awesome.

The switch from Keyboard to keypad was to more room for the mouse.

I still use my K65 tenkeyless for my PC productivity and some games, for FPS I go Orbweaver.

Awesome thank you!
So with builder pro you build with the analog ? Not with right/left mouse and q/e for floors and pyramids

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:35 AM - 06/12/18 »
I have used both the G13 and Orbweaver. I prefer the G13, but I am currently using the Orbweaver. The reason for using the Orbweaver is I use the thumbstick/thumbpad for movement. In this respect the advantage of the G13 is the thumbstick has analog movement. However, the thumbstick design on the G13 is bad (small and somewhat pointy). It is not easy to use. This is why I moved to the Orbweaver, even though the thumbpad is digital. If Logitech were to release an updated G13 with a redesign thumbstick, I would probably move back.

Admin