XIM Community

[BUG] XIM Link not opening after the latest windows 10 updates  (Read 758 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
My PC died recently and I got VS installed and running on the new one only yesterday. So this is why I could not have done any debugging on this problem yet.

While I was installing Link on the new PC it also did not start on the first try. My first idea now is that it is related to the smartscreen protection blocking it.

I will look into this on the following days.
« Last Edit: 08:23 PM - 06/22/18 by W11cE »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
The new weekly build contains a fix for one reason for a crash on startup. This is however unrelated to windows version.

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
Any updated news on a potential fix, playing without xim link sucks :(

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Did you try already the latest weekly build:
https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/tree/master/Weekly%20Build

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
 for some reason had to wipe my computer and reinstall a fresh windows 10, now it is working.
« Last Edit: 12:15 AM - 06/08/18 by Klezy »

Offline TheDarkone

• View Profile
My PC died recently and I got VS installed and running on the new one only yesterday. So this is why I could not have done any debugging on this problem yet.

While I was installing Link on the new PC it also did not start on the first try. My first idea now is that it is related to the smartscreen protection blocking it.

I will look into this on the following days.

I know somewhere there is a coupon code to get a free permanent developer license  from Microsoft to develop UWP and desktop apps from Microsoft and think you get all the stuff necessary to be verified through Microsoft including passing the smart screen filters. Will have to find as have it on my Microsoft account and its lifetime. That is if they are still offering it.   

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
Ok, now I am getting the Error Message as follows:

ERROR: XINPUT1_3.DLL MISSING.

Occurs when xim link launches and opens, and the program does not work.

Offline TheDarkone

• View Profile
Ok, now I am getting the Error Message as follows:

ERROR: XINPUT1_3.DLL MISSING.

Occurs when xim link launches and opens, and the program does not work.

XINPUT is part of Direct X try reinstalling Direct X from the web installer

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, so for everyone still having problems: please uninstall the old Link version with the "Apps & Features" before installing a new version. I have no idea why sometime overwriting the installation breaks it.

Offline JaxCosmos

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JaxCosmos
No idea if this can be valid to anyone, but had the issue of XIM Link not opening for me. Uninstalled, reinstalled didn't seem to work. Found out about IObit Unistaller, which basically is just a hard uninstall of programs and after reinstalling everything seemed to be working fine. Hope if you're having issues this helped you out.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
The final conclusion for this is that it probably didn't have anything to do with the windows 10 update. There was just one fatal exception at one point on startup that prevented Link from opening. Another thing is still the annoying bug where Link wont open after update. I have still no idea why that happens, but the workaround is to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.