XIM Community

First party/in app macro/script support  (Read 431 times)

Offline Kingownagexx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: King Ownage XV
First party/in app macro/script support
« on: 03:22 AM - 06/03/18 »
I have owned an adapter (cronus max plus) that allows you to use macros and scripts, and I know that they work with xim apex. However I do not want to rebuy or for any first time buyers have anyone have to buy two adapters to be able to use macros or scripts. If this can be implemented in that would make this product much better and its already great; But if you dont want to or cant I completely understand, just some feedback

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: First party/in app macro/script support
« Reply #1 on: 04:16 AM - 06/03/18 »
Native macros won't happen on ethical grounds.

There are multiple options available without building it into the firmware, including CM, Titan One, Titan Two, Xim Link, kb and mouse macros.

Offline Kingownagexx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:11 AM - 06/03/18 »
Yes but titan two and ect cost money which is completely the opposite of everything that I've stated in my post, I dont want to buy two adapters to get the most out of my KnM. I understand there is ways to get these without it being built into the firmware but everyone can agree it would be a great quality of life change, making it much simpler to do. Therefore it's a suggestion I still hope they implement and will still stand by. However if there is any free ways to use macros or scripts with my xim apex please let me know :) I'm all ears for that cause I'd like rapid fire for holding down my left trigger button and more

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:06 AM - 06/03/18 »
The reality is macros are not coming to Xim, period. Xim is a mouse & keyboard adapter, not a cheat device.

I'm personally a huge fan of macroability for a multitude of reasons, but I understand the business decision behind keeping the Xim "clean".

Offline Kingownagexx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:34 PM - 06/03/18 »
So do I, which is why I said I understand if they dont want to. But scripts on the other hand are more important, it can make the keyboard for certain games more like the pc version, so that they should definetly add. But I'm fine with using akward/worse keybindings for certain games

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:39 PM - 06/03/18 »
Buy a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable and use Xim Link and AHK. Some guys here have picked up the cable for as little as $9.