XIM Community

Xim Apex USB Switch?  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
Re: Xim Apex USB Switch?
« Reply #15 on: 10:08 PM - 07/11/18 »
I'm thinking on doing this setup for both ps4 and xbox one.. Think it would work?

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:27 AM - 08/07/18 »
Could I get some feedback on what I posted ^^^
Would this work?  I should be home within a week to try it out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #17 on: 02:42 AM - 08/07/18 »
I'm thinking on doing this setup for both ps4 and xbox one.. Think it would work?

Yep, that looks good. The power switches on the Sabrent USB hub should take care of the controller authentication. However, you may ultimately find that the controller needs to be connected to the Apex hub.

I bought the same hub for the same reason, but I keep the controller handy, tucked away on a mount under the desk and simply swap the controllers when changing consoles.

Everything else looks right.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:21 AM - 08/07/18 »
Yep, that looks good. The power switches on the Sabrent USB hub should take care of the controller authentication. However, you may ultimately find that the controller needs to be connected to the Apex hub.

I bought the same hub for the same reason, but I keep the controller handy, tucked away on a mount under the desk and simply swap the controllers when changing consoles.

Everything else looks right.

I was thinking the sabrent could cause issues with authentication (hub > hub > apex).  I'll likely leave it out. Thanks for the input.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 05:52 PM - 08/07/18 »
I was thinking the sabrent could cause issues with authentication (hub > hub > apex).  I'll likely leave it out. Thanks for the input.
Try it anyway, if it's what you want to do. For $10 or so for the Sabrent hub, it's worth a shot.

But if it doesn't work, it'll be the hub > hub > Apex configuration.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:04 PM - 08/13/19 »
I was gifted an apex, so now I have two.. Would this work?.. All hubs are powered..

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #21 on: 05:05 PM - 08/13/19 »
Yes, that'll work.

Equally, you could plug one XIM Apex into a USB switch and swap it from PS4 to XB1. I use a GUS404 to swap my XIM Apex between PS4, XB1, PS3 and 360.

The only difference in a single XIM > USB switch setup is needing to swap the controller connected to XIM Apex when changing consoles.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:11 PM - 08/13/19 »
Yes, that'll work.

Equally, you could plug one XIM Apex into a USB switch and swap it from PS4 to XB1. I use a GUS404 to swap my XIM Apex between PS4, XB1, PS3 and 360.

The only difference in a single XIM > USB switch setup is needing to swap the controller connected to XIM Apex when changing consoles.

Earlier this year I tried a single xim > USB switch, a Sabrent 4-Port USB (HB-UMP3) to swap controllers, but I ran into an issue where I had to unplug/replug the controller to get it to work.. So ultimately I went back to kb/m/controller > hub > apex > GUS404 > ps4/xbox, then manually swapped the controllers.

With each console having its own apex, switching (GUS404) to them should work just fine.  Lazy works for me.. Might have to pair the second xim to a spare device.