XIM Community

Xim Apex USB Switch?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
Re: Xim Apex USB Switch?
« Reply #15 on: 10:08 PM - 07/11/18 »
I'm thinking on doing this setup for both ps4 and xbox one.. Think it would work?

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:27 AM - 08/07/18 »
Could I get some feedback on what I posted ^^^
Would this work?  I should be home within a week to try it out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:42 AM - 08/07/18 »
I'm thinking on doing this setup for both ps4 and xbox one.. Think it would work?

Yep, that looks good. The power switches on the Sabrent USB hub should take care of the controller authentication. However, you may ultimately find that the controller needs to be connected to the Apex hub.

I bought the same hub for the same reason, but I keep the controller handy, tucked away on a mount under the desk and simply swap the controllers when changing consoles.

Everything else looks right.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:21 AM - 08/07/18 »
Yep, that looks good. The power switches on the Sabrent USB hub should take care of the controller authentication. However, you may ultimately find that the controller needs to be connected to the Apex hub.

I bought the same hub for the same reason, but I keep the controller handy, tucked away on a mount under the desk and simply swap the controllers when changing consoles.

Everything else looks right.

I was thinking the sabrent could cause issues with authentication (hub > hub > apex).  I'll likely leave it out. Thanks for the input.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:52 PM - 08/07/18 »
I was thinking the sabrent could cause issues with authentication (hub > hub > apex).  I'll likely leave it out. Thanks for the input.
Try it anyway, if it's what you want to do. For $10 or so for the Sabrent hub, it's worth a shot.

But if it doesn't work, it'll be the hub > hub > Apex configuration.