XIM Community

Flight stick  (Read 455 times)

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
Flight stick
« on: 07:02 PM - 05/25/18 »
ok, are there any other videos or anyone with experience who has mapped a flight stick that can help out? I got  the transfer cable, downloaded link and still cant figure out how to get a flight stick to work. Bioth lights are green I can use my mouse and keyboard just not the stick.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Flight stick
« Reply #1 on: 04:07 AM - 05/30/18 »
You need to use the latest weekly build. If it does not work with that, I need more details about the stick itself. It might be that it is not capturing flight sticks at all right now.

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:19 AM - 05/30/18 »
Not seeing an option for downloading the weekly build https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/commits?author=W11cE what am I doing Wrong or is the link broken? Nothing shows when I click on this?

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:36 AM - 05/31/18 »
Was able to finally get the weekly, now flight stick works a little. It's very twitchy, and buttons do not register even though they show being used in the link, this was with a Logitech 3d, but I was able to get a hotas one to work a little as well with the same results. The Hotas one has some buttons on the throttle that could work much better as a rudder then twisting the stick, and it has all the buttons that a x box controller has, but the just aren't registering.

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:58 AM - 06/01/18 »
    Still unable to get any of these controllers to work very smoothly. I am trying them on Battlefield 1 with not very good results. Are any Apex owners out there that have this figured out? I use the XIM Link, and it shows the buttons being used but they don't translate over to the  game, and rudder controls don't map.
   To the XIM team, Battlefield V is the next chapter next to be released, will we see more support for flight sticks before it comes out? I would suggest the Thrustmaster Hotas One, as it is being used for some X BOX games already.

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:41 AM - 06/02/18 »
    W11cE. I got the link to work for about an hour, then nothing. Link isn't working at all now. I got the Logitech to work on the apex without the link except for the rudder twist that I mapped to a few buttons. I am trying to get a Hotas One from Thrustmaster to map but with no success. This thing seems to be super sensitive. Ant help would be appreciated

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:34 PM - 06/03/18 »
What do you see on the third bar on the bottom? This is what is being sent to XIM. Is it also jittering in there?

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:20 AM - 06/04/18 »
  I had to reinstall the two versions of c+++ again to get it to start capturing movements. The third line is showing a combo of Rx/Ry/Lx/Lz there are a few other letters that are used as well depending on button or movement, sometimes it jitters and sometimes not depending again on the buttons or movements being used, but nothing is being picked up by apex. If it is I am still unable to map it to game or xim manager as neither are picking up the key activations.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:15 AM - 06/05/18 »
The joystick axes are not shown in the manager when it is receiving those. The only indication apart of the actual movement is the third bar in the Link.

Have you bound all the axes properly in the config in the manager itself?

Also one limitation currently with the Link. If you have multiple joystick devices, the latest value of the axis overrides the previous one. There is no priority control right now. So while testing the device, you should make sure you have only one joystick device (physical or not physical) connected to your pc.

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:12 AM - 06/05/18 »
So when the manager is up it cant change key binding with the flight stick like the mouse and keyboard can? I am not finding the area to config in the link, is this under whitelisted input keys, because there is no config option and it doesn't say much in the video besides scripts. Or did I miss it? I can change the key bindings on the manager with my mouse and keyboard while using the link but not the joystick if you can explain where to config this I will try it and see if that works.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:20 PM - 06/05/18 »
The axis bindings in the manager are in the "Analog" section in your profile. I think you need to have "expert configuration" enabled in the global settings to see that.

Offline Skeat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:36 AM - 06/11/18 »
Hmmm. I am having no luck with a thrustmaster using the config in expert mode. In the section you have discussed it's a slide to find the option with limited options not a button click to transfer it into the manager as the regular key bindings are. I was able to get it to respond but it only pulls to one side and I can get it to fire. still looking for advice from anyone who has gotten the hotas one to work or a video that dives deeper into the settings for a joystick.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:55 AM - 06/13/18 »
You should check how the axes work with the joy.cpl utility on PC. Binding abnormal devices is hard right now, however this is possible with the current setup.