XIM Community

[Q/A] Question regarding sensitivity with XIM  (Read 89 times)

Offline Fish Gaming

• View Profile
[Q/A] Question regarding sensitivity with XIM
« on: 02:53 PM - 05/22/18 »
Hello,

I have purchased one of the XIM Apex adapters and it on it's way in the mail as we speak. I wanted to ask a question in regards of sensitivity for the adapter. I have been practicing on some aim simulators on the PC and I am a member of Mouse-Sensitivity.com where he has a high end calculator for sensitivities. I can get anything from 360 distance to monitor distance using my computer settings for the game I play and wish to play on the Xbox. Is there any way that you would know of that I could use any of that information to get a similar aiming experience on the console or is it just not possible?
« Last Edit: 06:56 AM - 05/24/18 by mist4fun »

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding sensitivity with XIM
« Reply #1 on: 03:27 PM - 05/22/18 »
XIM Apex is has an amazing aiming translation closest to PC but there is some limits. You have to try it by yourself.

On how to replicate a similar aiming experience on the console.

I will say, what be handy is coming from a PC game that you are very familiar with, you feel the sensitivity on point. Go to the PC game, find a nice spot and do the 360 degree turn drill to get a measure on how many inches or cm you need to make a 360 turn. Just choose a wall or an object shoot it, stand still on hip firing and only move your mouse in a straight line and measure the distance that needs to turn back to the shoot or beginning after a full 360 turn.

That measure is your HIP overall sensitivity, and when you get your XIM set your mouse DPI and increase or decrease your XIM Sensitivity trying to get the same measure than your PC.

TL:TR: Watch this video to find your XIM Mouse sense. But use your PC measure as reference.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Fish Gaming

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:32 PM - 05/23/18 »
and I assume I can do the same thing for ADS?  In particular I want to play PUBG, does the XIM have settings for just ADS and Hip fire or does it provide spots for individual changes to different scopes?  My other question I had was today and tomorrow are new updates on the PUBG xbox one system, How often do these updates interfere or mess up using the XIM adapter? The reason I also am worried in particular to this update is it is changing the acelleration in the game, the vertical multiplier, and increasing the FOV in all the scopes. Would these changes affect the aim system applied to PUBG through the app? Would there be an update to modify in these settings as well as should any of these settings be changed to work best with the mouse?

Sorry for so many questions but it is suppose to arrive Friday and I hope to plug it up, program it, and quickly be on my way to playing and not find update issues the whole time.

Thanks,

Talmadge

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:56 AM - 05/24/18 »
There are AUX pages but you would need to aim down sight using separate keys to use them in the way that you are suggesting. A better solution is to create separate configs for each sight and switch between them using hotkeys if you would like more control over individual sights.

Game developers don't update look mechanics frequently but if they do then game support will need to be redone. Game support is usually available about a week after it begins. You can make changes to your config using advanced settings until updated support is available.

I recommend watching the instructional videos, they are a good resource for first time users.

http://xim.tech/instructional
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos